1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marquez vs Tszyu

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    An injury free Tszyu from 1999-2001 smashes just about everybody at 140 including Pacman! He wouldn't catch Floyd, but the rest are made for him.

He KO's Marquez in 4 or batters him like Gonzalez by 10 (Marquez was easy to hit and although he survived 3 knockdowns in the first Pacquiao fight he would be lucky to survive one from Tszyu)

Same applies to Manny.

Floyd on the other hand counters Tszyu's greatest weapon, his ability to cut off the ring and land hard accurate accumulating punches.

Tszyu would lose a decision to Floyd at his peak.

I think we only saw glimpses of the best of Kostya Tszyu, we saw that from 1999-2001.
    The Judah fight was telling in that Judah did all he could in the first round, he landed some good shots, but Tszyu was still there, he then went all cautious in the 2nd knowing he had already shown his cards and he didn't have a winning hand.

Tszyu was a stalker in the ring, brilliant at cutting off the ring and didn't waste punches, when he landed it had a debilitating effect... with fighters at times just trying to get to the end of the fight intact. More often than not they didn't, Marquez would not have made it to the end.

The near 2 year lay off affected him greatly and he was nullified by the younger Hatton, but those who under estimate Tszyu's abilities are making a mistake. I don't think Mosley or DLH underestimated him at all and both took a different path.
    I think Tszyu could time a right hand on Floyd’s chin and rock him enough for him to fight scared ensuring Kostya wins a decision.
    This has been the problem with every fighter that has ever fought Floyd...landing one! I like Kostya and he is greatly under estimated on here, but i don't see him landing a big enough shot on Floyd who is the best defensive fighter i have ever seen. Marquez is made for KT, IMO it's a similar win to that of Gonzalez but Floyd has the ring savvy to avoid all of Kostya's big shots. The Tszyu from 1999-2001 was formidable, i just don't see him winning a decision against Floyd.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

An injury free Tszyu from 1999-2001 smashes just about everybody at 140 including Pacman! He wouldn't catch Floyd, but the rest are made for him.

He KO's Marquez in 4 or batters him like Gonzalez by 10 (Marquez was easy to hit and although he survived 3 knockdowns in the first Pacquiao fight he would be lucky to survive one from Tszyu)

Same applies to Manny.

Floyd on the other hand counters Tszyu's greatest weapon, his ability to cut off the ring and land hard accurate accumulating punches.

I think we only saw glimpses of the best of Kostya Tszyu, we saw that from 1999-2001.
    The Judah fight was telling in that Judah did all he could in the first round, he landed some good shots, but Tszyu was still there, he then went all cautious in the 2nd knowing he had already shown his cards and he didn't have a winning hand.

Tszyu was a stalker in the ring, brilliant at cutting off the ring and didn't waste punches, when he landed it had a debilitating effect... with fighters at times just trying to get to the end of the fight intact. More often than not they didn't, Marquez would not have made it to the end.

The near 2 year lay off affected him greatly and he was nullified by the younger Hatton, but those who under estimate Tszyu's abilities are making a mistake. I don't think Mosley or DLH underestimated him at all and both took a different path.
    I think Tszyu could time a right hand on Floyd’s chin and rock him enough for him to fight scared ensuring Kostya wins a decision.
    This has been the problem with every fighter that has ever fought Floyd...landing one! I like Kostya and he is greatly under estimated on here, but i don't see him landing a big enough shot on Floyd who is the best defensive fighter i have ever seen. Marquez is made for KT, IMO it's a similar win to that of Gonzalez but Floyd has the ring savvy to avoid all of Kostya's big shots. The Tszyu from 1999-2001 was formidable, i just don't see him winning a decision against Floyd.
    As a Russain, my heart is with Kostya. I believe he had the talent to stand out comparably to Floyd or Manny. But, lets be fair, Kostya even at best conditions had little chances against Floyd, Floyd is in a different league
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NVSemin View Post

Same applies to Manny.

As a spineless idiot, my heart and soul are complete dogshit. I believe in Unicorns. But, lets be fair, I did lose a lot of oxygen at birth.
    Good points.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Good points.
    you do not care

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See above.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe that Hatton at 140lb, in Manchester with Paris as ref would have a very good chance of beating Floyd at 140lb.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe that Hatton at 140lb, in Manchester with Paris as ref would have a very good chance of beating Floyd at 140lb.
    Any room for CC Ross?
    Last edited by SugarBoxing; 09-27-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any room from CC Ross?
    Maybe just a little.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same applies to Manny.

As a Russain, my heart is with Kostya. I believe he had the talent to stand out comparably to Floyd or Manny. But, lets be fair, Kostya even at best conditions had little chances against Floyd, Floyd is in a different league
    He isn't alone there.....

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The @THE THIRD MAN has made a compelling case. More then that he has made me think back and realize the truth of what he says. Went back and revisited fights. The only thing I would take issue with is the seemingly eternal unjustifiable critique in general of the Hatton fight. His opinion carries a lot of weight with me because he's always been honest and realistic about his countrymen. Zu had cock stiff power. Had he dropped Marquez like Manny did I'm not sure Juan gets up. Zu was a great counter puncher which he is rarely given credit for. The difficulty here is that both fighters peaked at different weights. I dont think the 140 and above version of Marquez beats Zu. I dont think the prime Zu beats the prime 126/130 Marquez either. 135 both in there prime(if that could be arranged) is a coin toss.

Both first ballet Hofers.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would only even give Tszyu a chance because you said '140'
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    This.

At their best weights I see Tszyu taking the first 3 rounds with sharp right hands, before Marquez starts making him miss in rounds 4-6, then making him miss and countering hard in 7, 8 and 9, and then overwhelming him when he puts him on the back foot in 10, 11 and 12.
    UD Marquez. At their best weights.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    This.

At their best weights I see Tszyu taking the first 3 rounds with sharp right hands, before Marquez starts making him miss in rounds 4-6, then making him miss and countering hard in 7, 8 and 9, and then overwhelming him when he puts him on the back foot in 10, 11 and 12.
    If this fight was at 140 then that is Kostya best weight, it was never JMM.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This.

Yeah I know. I'm saying that at 140lb Kostya has a chance, but that I see it going as I said above if it was a p4p deal.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This.

Yeah I know. I'm saying that at 140lb Kostya has a chance, but that I see it going as I said above if it was a p4p deal.
    Maybe p4p but JMM is no great welterweight or lightwelter.

Thread Information