Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default sparring some1 who is like 6 times faster

i was sparring at my gym yesterday with the national champ of 2004

i did spar him a few times but it never really turns out good for me.
    he is like foot bigger than me, and weigh a few pounds more than me.

and when i spar him, it's like im fighting 6 people at the same time,
    i always start out confident and do get to land pretty much of my punches and combo's,

but he lands more and more, and at some point i just close up and just do defence for some reason (prob cuz i dont want to get hit any more), and when that hapens it's all over,
    he finds his rithem and damn i get hit all over by his combo's high low.

i never have tis only when i spar him, prob cus he's the best,
    but dous any1 here have tis or something like it, how do you handle this or what should i do

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: sparring some1 who is like 6 times faster

BAH

Its all in your mind, your not finding your rythm cos you dont have one to find. Watch yourself in the mirror, the key is the jab, it always has been always will be. I dont care if your not fast enough to land more then 1 jab at a time and move out the way, the jab disrupts his rythm and keeps him thinking all the time

Jab jab jab

My jab is tremendous. It all comes off the jab
    5 foot 4 inches and 154 lbs of PURE MAN

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Economy of movment beats a fast fighter.
    Look into the footwork section.
    Dont expect too muach of yourself too fast either.
    control with the jab is true but he may magically come around it if he is that good.
    Learn from him.

You could try being more aware of your positon in the ring and using it to an adavantage . Give yourself space to move out on the sides and away on angles so he has to change to suit you.

To change your front foot back around to the rear foot postiion can get you out of trouble too ,(it takes you out of distance fast)and practiced properly can have you out and on an angle which forces him into re-adjustment mode) you have to have both arms out in front and replace the front one with the rear one as you switch.You can do the move clean off a jab as a warning to him too!

You will find ,if you do that on the correct side as he moves at you,you end up out of range and then witha slight adjustment in your feet ,your out to the side of him in the reverse stance to what you started in.
    You have created the time to attack ,switch back and retreat or switch back during attack.

Im playing here, just food for thought. Correct Movement can beat speed.

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thnx
    i will put this in my sparring session monday, i know it'll take some practice
    so i'll practice southp on the bag tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont let him breathe. Get in close and pound his body and get him onto the ropes by using the jab and try to keep him there. Also use the three c's

Counter
    Counter
    Counter
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Confirm
    thnx
    Be careful doing anything I suggest straight off the bat!
    Im just trying to open up your mind to the available variables here.

instead of standing your ground all the time until the best man wins ,think and move but end up in front Cause you know why and you know where your moving to.

Practice the actual moves first. Dont jump in the ring and tey something new too fast.

I would instruct a mate and have him come at me the same way(or family member) and practice doing it with them ; making sure you stay out of their range ,making sure you have control over that front hand of theirs as they come (or at least have it covered fully)and making sure you move back in (in saftey) while controlling that side of them.
    Also see what different positiions you end up in (see if you can readjust when they shift to suit your new positon .
    Also stop the action occasionally and see if you can arrive at your desination safley, covered from the opponents first actions and their re actions to it going down. (you dont have to stay in south either, you can readjust as he does to you throwing the rear hand and stepping through into your natural stance.

If you have room to move back you can do the retreat move twice and it takes you through south back into natural and you watch their reaction to it and catch them comming.

Practice all the variables . Know what can happen ,cover yourself fully to the unexpected.

IF you touch the ropes as your heading back for example; bend knees with one leg forward sit down then go under and out to the side; revolve under his lead arm and out the safe side etc.

You can always make a boxer come to you. thats easy .
    Whats hard is to make them readjuust all the time.

Angles,
    You cant do that by just going back straight or your gone.
    You have to think angles;slip to the safest side ,make him turn into me,catch him as he comes.

Sometimes its as simple as going square by widening your stance! stepping out wide on an angle with the front leg which takes your head out or range and under their lead arm and it allows you to counter straight off the rear arm right at the same time ,its all one move. (but God help you if you stay there and expect miracles twice off theone move!
    So what Im saying is practice them all first (please),and in doing so realize the limits and then move, again and again and keep them off their plan.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre
    thnx
    Be careful doing anything I suggest straight off the bat!
    Im just trying to open up your mind to the available variables here.

instead of standing your ground all the time until the best man wins ,think and move but end up in front Cause you know why and you know where your moving to.

Practice the actual moves first. Dont jump in the ring and tey something new too fast.

I would instruct a mate and have him come at me the same way(or family member) and practice doing it with them ; making sure you stay out of their range ,making sure you have control over that front hand of theirs as they come (or at least have it covered fully)and making sure you move back in (in saftey) while controlling that side of them.
    Also see what different positiions you end up in (see if you can readjust when they shift to suit your new positon .
    Also stop the action occasionally and see if you can arrive at your desination safley, covered from the opponents first actions and their re actions to it going down. (you dont have to stay in south either, you can readjust as he does to you throwing the rear hand and stepping through into your natural stance.

If you have room to move back you can do the retreat move twice and it takes you through south back into natural and you watch their reaction to it and catch them comming.

Practice all the variables . Know what can happen ,cover yourself fully to the unexpected.

IF you touch the ropes as your heading back for example; bend knees with one leg forward sit down then go under and out to the side; revolve under his lead arm and out the safe side etc.

You can always make a boxer come to you. thats easy .
    Whats hard is to make them readjuust all the time.

Angles,
    You cant do that by just going back straight or your gone.
    You have to think angles;slip to the safest side ,make him turn into me,catch him as he comes.

Sometimes its as simple as going square by widening your stance! stepping out wide on an angle with the front leg which takes your head out or range and under their lead arm and it allows you to counter straight off the rear arm right at the same time ,its all one move. (but God help you if you stay there and expect miracles twice off theone move!
    So what Im saying is practice them all first (please),and in doing so realize the limits and then move, again and again and keep them off their plan.
    I agree coz if this guy has been boxing for a while then he would of seen all of these things used. Use the jab and get in out quickly.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i was sparring at my gym yesterday with the national champ of 2004

i did spar him a few times but it never really turns out good for me.
    he is like foot bigger than me, and weigh a few pounds more than me.

and when i spar him, it's like im fighting 6 people at the same time,
    i always start out confident and do get to land pretty much of my punches and combo's,

but he lands more and more, and at some point i just close up and just do defence for some reason (prob cuz i dont want to get hit any more), and when that hapens it's all over,
    he finds his rithem and damn i get hit all over by his combo's high low.

i never have tis only when i spar him, prob cus he's the best,
    but dous any1 here have tis or something like it, how do you handle this or what should i do

Look on the bright side. You may be getting beaten, but you're getting beaten by the best.

You should work on your flexibility by relaxing and throwing punches in front of a mirror. Don't put any intensity behind it, just throw your punches out there and pull them back in. This will increase your speed. (I've increased my speed like this).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thnx all
    this opens my mind even more than it was
    i never had a real bout yet, though my trainer said i'm ready a few times, but i don't feel ready yet,
    sparring with last years champ shows me what could happen in a bout.

i think''ll print this page and work it trough with my trainer, and let him make perfect training routine for me, i'll be sparring this guy tonight, but i guess Ã*t's better to train these thing first, like you said.

i'll let you know in few weeks how it feels to beat a champ LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To change your front foot back around to the rear foot postiion can get you out of trouble too ,(it takes you out of distance fast)and practiced properly can have you out and on an angle which forces him into re-adjustment mode) you have to have both arms out in front and replace the front one with the rear one as you switch.You can do the move clean off a jab as a warning to him too!

You will find ,if you do that on the correct side as he moves at you,you end up out of range and then witha slight adjustment in your feet ,your out to the side of him in the reverse stance to what you started in.
    You have created the time to attack ,switch back and retreat or switch back during attack.

Andre,

Is this is something that is awesome, how did you learn to practise that (what did you do to learn it)

Im thinking it looks like a routine that needs to be done over and over and will look a little like a dance.

Which fighter do you think does this the most effectively? (I cant recall ever seeing and noting such a move)
    5 foot 4 inches and 154 lbs of PURE MAN

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thnx all
    this opens my mind even more than it was
    i never had a real bout yet, though my trainer said i'm ready a few times, but i don't feel ready yet,
    sparring with last years champ shows me what could happen in a bout.

i think''ll print this page and work it trough with my trainer, and let him make perfect training routine for me, i'll be sparring this guy tonight, but i guess Ã*t's better to train these thing first, like you said.

i'll let you know in few weeks how it feels to beat a champ LOL
    Bare in mind that you wont be fighting someone with his amount of experience right away, we have all been in the ring at some point and felt a little helpless. Out of curiosity have you talked about this with your trainer\coach? does he have any imput.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree coz if this guy has been boxing for a while then he would of seen all of these things used. Use the jab and get in out quickly.
    I seriously think only people who have fought pro would have seen anything like that. two fighters of old and only a few from of late pull moves anything like that.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we need to be clear about something.

Just switching your feet won't take you out of range. If you are in left lead and just take your front foot back your body stays in the same place, only your leg has moved .
    It may make them pause while they check what you're doing or may just follow you back and hit you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I seriously think only people who have fought pro would have seen anything like that. two fighters of old and only a few from of late pull moves anything like that.
    Your probably right andre just saying incase in some miracle the guy knows what hes doing.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meonouk I was taught that stuff off the best Kung fu master in the world. The best boxer who came close to those moves naturally was Willie Pep he swithced in and out of range bamboozaling most fighters.Some modern guys do bits and pieces of them moves but not ,the move mentioned.
    Ive seen Hamed use the switch for a evasive move and land a bomb on the end of it and finish.
    Sam Soliman is close to doing it ,watch out for him!Once he gets weight shift and leg lift power onto the end of his moves he will be even more formadable.
    I Â want to get my hands on him for just one night, and its not out of the question he is a Christian lad and we live in the same town.

Best to watch at the moment is Mayweather he is cheeky on the inside and so fast you dont see all he is up to at first glance.

He has a loverly way of pinning the lead arm (with his free glove) from the outside after he ducks and goes under it or around it! This allows him to stay in range and stay in control of the other guys balance as well as stopping that arm from moving. the other arm is not in contact range at all so it is full  security, so he hasnt anything else to think about except where to attack his man!
    Smart lad that one. Could also use the word (ass) Â after smart, too Â

I can explain it.

Thread Information