Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Alvarez Round 9 Stoppage

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

2012 Olympian Terrell Gausha just got dropped and seriously hurt bad by some 2-3 late sub from Alabama

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anybody know when the main event is on in the UK?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry mars I've just seen your post it starts at 3, not too long to wait now.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Does anybody know when the main event is on in the UK?
    Around 3:00 AM Sunday in the UK or about 45 minutes from now, @Tam Seddon.

cheers

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Sorry mars I've just seen your post it starts at 3, not too long to wait now.
    Haha, I always post that in my fight/chat threads for you 'foreigners', i'm excited about this one, it should be worth staying up to watch, and it's just a few minutes away.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Guerrero's attitude, but Floyd is just so hard to solve, and his skill set is the best in the world, both on offense and defense. That's a fact jack, I do think Robert will give it his all, it just won't be enough to overcome the juggernaut that is Mayweather.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for tonight's fight Alvarez has a whole country behind him, he's undefeated, and full of energy and power, I just don't see Austin overcoming this, for him to win he'd have to be as good as Mayweather, and he's not close to being that good.

So my prediction for this fight is, several KD's for Canelo, and it ends in one of the later rounds. I really don't see the Ref or the judges being a factor. I'll be here for some crow eating Sunday if it turns out different.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

anyone have a link to the canelo fight please pm me would be highly appreciated.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    anyone have a link to the canelo fight please pm me would be highly appreciated.
    It ain't PPV. Watch it on regular ShowTime

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Told you this fix was in. I believe I may have said that Austin would need to shot him to get the decision.

Are you ready.......Lawrence freakin Cole is the ref and the judges are all WBC home boys. Stanley Christodoulou, Rey Danseco and Oren Schellenberger.

Its bullshit and I wont blame Trout for pulling out. The moment Alvarez crowds him Cole will call the tko. Its pathetic and Jose was practically cheering for Alvarez at the press conference. Still cant figure out how the WBA has stayed silent here.
    Stop lying. Anybody that knows boxing, knows that Stanley Christodoulou has always a WBA boy. He and Mendoza are homies. Christodoulou is even on the WBA fucking Committee. So how the fuck is he gonna be loyal to the WBC? That's just straight stupidity right there. If Trout is complaining it's cuz he's getting cold feet. It's that simple
    What difference does it make either way? Alvarez has sold 40 000 tickets for the fight tonight and is potentially a gigantic PPV star for years to come. I'm guessing the WBA would prefer 3% of Alvarez's purse for his future fights rather than 3% of Trout's purses. All sanctioning bodies are the same when it comes to money.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here we go homies, Bernstein, that embarrassment to Italianos, Pauli-girl, and that MMA idiot Rannolo calling the action for Showtime, Brian Kenny in the studio, the river-walk in San Antonio is beautiful. ( BTW, great place to drink some Margaritas) The Alamodome is jammed!

First up, Figurero vs. Cotto (first cousin of Miguel).

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Berstein should not have tried to dye his hair brown

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Told you this fix was in. I believe I may have said that Austin would need to shot him to get the decision.

Are you ready.......Lawrence freakin Cole is the ref and the judges are all WBC home boys. Stanley Christodoulou, Rey Danseco and Oren Schellenberger.

Its bullshit and I wont blame Trout for pulling out. The moment Alvarez crowds him Cole will call the tko. Its pathetic and Jose was practically cheering for Alvarez at the press conference. Still cant figure out how the WBA has stayed silent here.
    Stop lying. Anybody that knows boxing, knows that Stanley Christodoulou has always a WBA boy. He and Mendoza are homies. Christodoulou is even on the WBA fucking Committee. So how the fuck is he gonna be loyal to the WBC? That's just straight stupidity right there. If Trout is complaining it's cuz he's getting cold feet. It's that simple
    What difference does it make either way? Alvarez has sold 40 000 tickets for the fight tonight and is potentially a gigantic PPV star for years to come. I'm guessing the WBA would prefer 3% of Alvarez's purse for his future fights rather than 3% of Trout's purses. All sanctioning bodies are the same when it comes to money.
    The chances of Alvarez keeping both belts for any extended period are very slim. And if he's dropping one belt it'll be the WBA title. And the WBA knows it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Berstein should not have tried to dye his hair brown
    Bernstein should wear a bag over his head.

Thread Information