Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Well, that was brief. Sturm won that every which way. No going to the judges, no messing. Just came out firing on all cylinders and Barker was out of his depth. Big shame, but there we go.
    Exactly out of his depth. How he won a world title is beyond me.
    He won a world title by beating somebody who already had one. He dislocated his hip and was still throwing, give the guy a break.
    He dislocated his hip after getting KDd twice. Hip or not he was getting stopped. And now hes gonna retire before fighting any of the other Brit middle weights. So dissappointed in him. Certain Mack and Murray would have stopped him now
    That's nonsense logic. You just have a bias that you can't see past. It's not like nobody has ever stopped Macklin. Barker is a decent boxer but his body has been falling to pieces for years. Fair play to Sturm, no excuses he won decisively but talk of Barker owing Macklin ( who thought he was in another league) and Murray is dumb.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sky Sports- Darren Barker v Felix Sturm - SATURDAY NIGHT CHAT THREAD

Well, that was brief. Sturm won that every which way. No going to the judges, no messing. Just came out firing on all cylinders and Barker was out of his depth. Big shame, but there we go.
    He won a world title by beating somebody who already had one. He dislocated his hip and was still throwing, give the guy a break.
    He dislocated his hip after getting KDd twice. Hip or not he was getting stopped. And now hes gonna retire before fighting any of the other Brit middle weights. So dissappointed in him. Certain Mack and Murray would have stopped him now
    That's nonsense logic. You just have a bias that you can't see past. It's not like nobody has ever stopped Macklin. Barker is a decent boxer but his body has been falling to pieces for years. Fair play to Sturm, no excuses he won decisively but talk of Barker owing Macklin ( who thought he was in another league) and Murray is dumb.
    No but he owed the fans and the British public. He should have tried to keep the title in England fighting Mack or Murray instead of fighting in Germany. I know barker is a decent fighter but he is not made for boxing. His ability to take punches is non existent. Apart from Geale, he never has beaten anyone of note and yet he got 2 world title shots.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sky Sports- Darren Barker v Felix Sturm - SATURDAY NIGHT CHAT THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    That rematch clause was always nonsense. AS if they're gonna sell Sturm-Barker 2 after that. AS if Sturm was ever going to London to defend the title if he won.

Barker will retire now. Bet on it.
    That's the thing that bothers me about Sturm. I honestly don't think he's ever gotten a true gift, hes had some close ones go for him and some go against him recently, but I always wonder how his career would have been different if he got the decision against oscar, he probably wouldn't be so averse to traveling.
    I'm not insulting Sturm. I'm just saying the way this business works there was never gonna be a rematch. That was all complete bollocks. Just like Bute-Froch.

I backed Sturm to KO him.
    it really depends how he wins. If its a close SD then yes there would have been a rematch. But like the Bute rematch, there is no need now.

Nice shout. I backed Sturm round 7-12 at 12/1, Thought Barker would last a bit longer
    Most of these rematch clauses are a load of shit. Sturm was the challenger but had the clout to force them over to Germany. There's no way in a million years he was ever stepping foot in England as the champion.

Sturm rounds 7-12 was my main bet too, but also had a saver straight KO.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I do have a bias against Barker but I could have come around to him if proved himself a worthy champ.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Worthy Champ?" .....whatever. He fought the guys put in front of him, he fought his own battles with injuries, he fought a bunch of thugs to help a stranger, sounds as deserving as any other to me.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was only going one way..
    Barker didnt look confident at all after taking a few early on and Sturm was bang on it and has a seriously hot Mrs.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Worthy Champ?" .....whatever. He fought the guys put in front of him, he fought his own battles with injuries, he fought a bunch of thugs to help a stranger, sounds as deserving as any other to me.
    He got a gift of a world title, completely undeserved. He was not a worthy champ. Come on beanz im rarely right about fighters, give me this one!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barker's brother gave him the elbow tonight. Must have been busy
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow, didn't see that coming! Didn't read through..chances or rematch

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He got a gift of a world title, completely undeserved. He was not a worthy champ. Come on beanz im rarely right about fighters, give me this one!
    Lol. This is crazy man. Good and great fighters get blitzed from time to time. Anybody who has seen Sturm fight knows he does not normally attack and fight the way he did. I'm sure Barkers team planned accordingly to have a strategy in camp. They probably viewed lots of tape. Problem is, a different fighter showed up. That is not an excuse because Barker should have had a plan B but even with a plan B, that temple shot would have crippled a horse.

Its just incredible to me on how fast people get thrown under the bus these days and people dare to compare this with the past. Atg fighters get beat as to the good ones and they even get stopped at times. The conclusions being drawn here are unbelievable.

In addition nobody here knows how iron clad Darrens immediate rematch clause is so lets not jump to the same conclusions now being given to Darren the fighter. The first fight in Germany could have been contingent on a fight in England. Worded with "shall" rematch instead of "may" rematch. This will most likely be cleared up next week.

Imo Darren is still the most talented middle in Britain and this does not really change a thing. Even when the events of a particular fight play out right in front of peoples faces they ignore them. That ear shot was devastating and the cause for the second kd which looked to cause damage to his hip.
    These are unfortunate events but they did happen right in front of us. This crucifixion of the guy is completely unjustified and to be perfectly frank kind of a joke.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

didnt watch it... what happened with his hip.. was it caused by the knockdowns? if so which one the first or second?
    did it just happen mid fight ? a dislocated hip is a pretty good excuse as excuses go.. but if sturm was owning him and it happened when he was knocked down then there can be no arguments about the winner

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Lol. This is crazy man. Good and great fighters get blitzed from time to time. Anybody who has seen Sturm fight knows he does not normally attack and fight the way he did. I'm sure Barkers team planned accordingly to have a strategy in camp. They probably viewed lots of tape. Problem is, a different fighter showed up. That is not an excuse because Barker should have had a plan B but even with a plan B, that temple shot would have crippled a horse.

Its just incredible to me on how fast people get thrown under the bus these days and people dare to compare this with the past. Atg fighters get beat as to the good ones and they even get stopped at times. The conclusions being drawn here are unbelievable.

In addition nobody here knows how iron clad Darrens immediate rematch clause is so lets not jump to the same conclusions now being given to Darren the fighter. The first fight in Germany could have been contingent on a fight in England. Worded with "shall" rematch instead of "may" rematch. This will most likely be cleared up next week.

Imo Darren is still the most talented middle in Britain and this does not really change a thing. Even when the events of a particular fight play out right in front of peoples faces they ignore them. That ear shot was devastating and the cause for the second kd which looked to cause damage to his hip.
    These are unfortunate events but they did happen right in front of us. This crucifixion of the guy is completely unjustified and to be perfectly frank kind of a joke.
    Ive said Barker is not elite from day one. He has good skills but cant hang in there with decent fighters. His ability to take shots is virtually non existance. He has been ridiculously overhyped (i believe beans thought he would give GGG a good fight. Apologeez beans if it wasnt you but someone said he thought hed have a chance against GGG in the Mack GGG thread).

What do you base your opinion of him being the number 1 in britain? He didnt put up a better fight against Sturm or Martinez then Mack or Murray. Beat a very poor middleweight champ in Geale in a very close fight and apart from those 3 hasnt fought a live opponent. I have him number 4 in England behind Saunders, Mack and Murray. Lee and Barker are very close in terms of ability and after that performance Id be tempted to give Lee the edge too.

A

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly @Greenbeanz. But it seemed a bit as I feared. Once he'd achieved the dream, the desire wasn't there anymore. Not sure I'd both with the rematch. Injuries are too much and I think he wouldn't win it anyway. And @Silkeyjoe, don't give us bullshit that Macklin is a deserving champion. That dude has lost every time he steps up and has the nerve to talk about levels. Barker would have beaten the sorry shit outta Macklin if he hadn't ran for the hills.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive said Barker is not elite from day one. He has good skills but cant hang in there with decent fighters. His ability to take shots is virtually non existance. He has been ridiculously overhyped (i believe beans thought he would give GGG a good fight. Apologeez beans if it wasnt you but someone said he thought hed have a chance against GGG in the Mack GGG thread).

What do you base your opinion of him being the number 1 in britain? He didnt put up a better fight against Sturm or Martinez then Mack or Murray. Beat a very poor middleweight champ in Geale in a very close fight and apart from those 3 hasnt fought a live opponent. I have him number 4 in England behind Saunders, Mack and Murray. Lee and Barker are very close in terms of ability and after that performance Id be tempted to give Lee the edge too.

A
    Barker beat a belt holder , and the lost to Sturm.
    So what is your point ? He shouldn't have fought and beat Geale ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

A
    Barker beat a belt holder , and the lost to Sturm.
    So what is your point ? He shouldn't have fought and beat Geale ?
    What do you think my point is? Barker is shit and didnt deserve his shots because he beat noone. Of course I dont blame him for fighting Geale, whos gonna turn down a shot?

Thread Information