Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Possibly a better way to lose fat

I've just read an article about a study in Japan claiming that it is better to rest during an aerobic workout - half hour work, twenty minutes break, half hour work - rather than work for the full hour. They say that more fatty acids are released into the bloodstream during the rest period. Once exercise starts again the fat in the blood can be used for energy rather than stored carbohydrate.

Has anyone came across this before?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Possibly a better way to lose fat

md, I can relate to it. Do something simular, starting with an isometric form of stretching we do takes 30 minutes then we chill for15 mins then work for 40 mins and fly, interesting is there more cc
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this I have heard also.. very intresting. the science behind all that. cc for sharing #539 and #88

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC md and Scrap - Did the article only say for an aerobic workout MD. Have they looked at whether or not an anaerobic workout will result in a similar phenomenon? Could you stretch in the break and still get a similar result or will that effectively continue the workout?

What do you do with that 15 mins chilling if you don't mind me asking Scrap? I guess it might be a good time to discuss progress etc rather than trying to discuss stuff in detail when you do want people to sweat?

How does this work with the idea that some exercise before breakfast is meant to boost your metabolism - you get up, train, release fatty acids into your bloodstream - and then add more carbs etc from breakfast - but it's good for you because you're breaking the overnight fasting period?

I'd have thought that it would be an overload with fatty acids being released + having breakfast. Perhaps it depends on how much - but breakfast is meant to be your largest meal isn't it? Or do fatty acids somehow alter/improve digestion of other food. I guess that could be why eating straight after a workout helps you recover so much faster?

Perhaps someone with better nutritional knowledge than me can explain how these things all fit together?
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That particular small study, I think, clears the way for more interesting investigation. What they demonstrated was that fat gets released into the blood, by this very small sample of Asian men, after aerobic exercise. They didn't specifically show that this fat was getting used in the second period, although an Australian professor speculated that this would be the case.

If that does happen, the exercisers in the second period should be able, as you touched on Scrap, to go at a relative higher intensity. Which would increase excess post exercise oxygen consumption, therefore, fat burning after exercise.

Sharla eating breakfast replaces the carbohydrates you've utilised during your workout which are important for muscle and brain function during the rest of the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC md thanks for the enlightenment
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc's all round. It could be that long aerobic interval sessions is the way to get rid of the last few pounds.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

md ,what you say ivefound to be true. Reminds me of a time my man when weigthed in the morning before weigthin was 3 pound overweight, went for a 20 min fast wlk on a treadmill and was bang on. He had eaten late the previous night so it was there to come off, but when its not youve no chance
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Thread Information