Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Super Bowl time!!

Getting ready to watch this year's Super Bowl, between the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs. I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers fan, so I've got no dog in the fight... but I'm leaning toward wanting the 49ers to win. Sick of seeing the media avalanche of the Taylor Swift/ Travis Kelce romance. She's been a fixture at all the Chiefs' playoff games. On the other hand she's brought a lot of casuals to the game. I suspect there's gonna be a LOT of people watching the game, not for the game itself, but to catch glimpses of Swift up in the luxury box... and to see Usher perform in the halftime show. During halftime I'll probably get up and refresh my munchies and drinking material.

Normally the SB is kind of anti-climactic for me, basically because the playoff games leading up to the Super Bowl are sometimes so much more competitive and more free of media hype.

Sad because this is the last week of NFL football until next season begins in August/September.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Super Bowl time!!

It is big over here. I heard Usher and Taylor Swift will be playing this time.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It is big over here. I heard Usher and Taylor Swift will be playing this time.

Usher performed. Taylor was just a spectator, rooting for her boyfriend's team (the KC Chiefs). The Chiefs won the game in overtime, their 2nd Super Bowl title in a row. I was rooting for the San Francisco 49ers... but at least it was a good game. Yeah... I understand the NFL annually holds at least a couple of regular season games over in Europe.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think they play in London at the Spurs football stadium.

It would be great if the Chiefs can do 3 in a row which has never been done?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Baseball and boxing, my two loves in terms of sports and I started both of those as an avid spectator back when I was six or seven years old but I must admit that the NFL is a very close runner-up in second place.

But to be honest I only really watched NFL football from about the time of George Blanda and Darryl lamonica let's say about the time that Franco Harris caught that deflected pass and beat Ken stabler and the Raders in that playoff game after which I cried for several hours as a 7 year old because I am an Oakland raiders fan from the beginning and I remember how we really whipped the Minnesota Vikings in the 1976 or was it 1977 super bowl but once the 1980s got about halfway through I kind of started really losing track of the teams in the players and how well they were doing or not and by the 1990s until today I can count on maybe two hands the number of NFL games I have actually watched and that includes playoffs and super bowls

Same can be said with baseball but with boxing I guess I have kept a little more up-to-date and I have kept my interest a lot more than in baseball or football

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Baseball and boxing, my two loves in terms of sports and I started both of those as an avid spectator back when I was six or seven years old but I must admit that the NFL is a very close runner-up in second place.

But to be honest I only really watched NFL football from about the time of George Blanda and Darryl lamonica let's say about the time that Franco Harris caught that deflected pass and beat Ken stabler and the Raders in that playoff game after which I cried for several hours as a 7 year old because I am an Oakland raiders fan from the beginning and I remember how we really whipped the Minnesota Vikings in the 1976 or was it 1977 super bowl but once the 1980s got about halfway through I kind of started really losing track of the teams in the players and how well they were doing or not and by the 1990s until today I can count on maybe two hands the number of NFL games I have actually watched and that includes playoffs and super bowls

Same can be said with baseball but with boxing I guess I have kept a little more up-to-date and I have kept my interest a lot more than in baseball or football
    Shouldn’t that be 3rd place?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had it one more or less in the background. Had to turn off most of the lead up as it's largely become a celebrity spectacle but game itself became pretty decent in 4th and overtime. Not a fan of either team but that Kelce fella should have had his arse planted on the bench after bully rushing the head coach and throwing a tantrum. Nothing worse than one who tries to be bigger than the team. That stuff carries over gradually. Now all the talk is will the Chiefs qb break the record of Tom Brady etc. On a side the commercials were so so.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

seemed scripted for taylor swift's team to win
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Had it one more or less in the background. Had to turn off most of the lead up as it's largely become a celebrity spectacle but game itself became pretty decent in 4th and overtime. Not a fan of either team but that Kelce fella should have had his arse planted on the bench after bully rushing the head coach and throwing a tantrum. Nothing worse than one who tries to be bigger than the team. That stuff carries over gradually. Now all the talk is will the Chiefs qb break the record of Tom Brady etc. On a side the commercials were so so.

100% agreed on Kelce. Doesn't matter whether he's Taylor Swift's boyfriend or not. That was NOT a good look for him, and totally uncalled for.

As for Mahomes, yeah... the GOAT talk has already begun. People seem to have short-term memory and have forgotten the lofty standards set by the real GOAT, Tom Brady. Seven Super Bowl rings is not an automatic for Mahomes. A lot of things have to fall into place, including health, and a consistently good team around him. Right not he's just an extraordinarily good quarterback, with an excellent trajectory. One thing is to make projections. Quite another is to begin the anointing prematurely.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'll just leave this here
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i'll just leave this here

Great picture!!

I'm not too familiar with Swift... but that's Jason Kelce, the All-Pro center of the Philadelphia Eagles (and brother to Travis), and Jalen Hurts, quarterback of the Eagles. Swift I had to look up, and he's a running back for the team.

Picture makes for a fantastic conversation piece.

What's even more awesome is the other team is the KC Chiefs. Must've been taken during last year's Super Bowl, when the Chiefs defeated the Eagles.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was a shooting during the celebrations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68308372

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    There was a shooting during the celebrations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68308372

What a way to put a huge damper on something that is meant to be joyful.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

smiling jacob's story doesn't sound true. three of his family all got shot & they are home already? his wife didn't know she had been shot & the bullet went straight through her calf & they found out at the hospital that their son had also been shot, they didn't realize that when they were reunited & taken in the ambulance? hmmm...

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information