Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Errol Spence vs Mikey Garcia

The reach advantage was used to perfection and those long straight jabs & crosses were what won Spence the fight.
    You could tell from the off that Garcia had no way in and was gonna be eating them all night.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Too big, too strong. Mikey is a helluva strong fighter too.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Strange performance from Mikey , I expected him to at lest give it a go as he fell behind.

I thought Mikey gave it all he had. Several times he tried to press the action and got smoked for his troubles. Had he continued to insist, he would've gotten knocked out.

Spence was pounding that body mercilessly all night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Mikey is a great fighter, respect a guy chasing greatness.

Spence get Crawford/Thurman/Pacquiao

Mikey, defend your belt, get right and fight Loma
    Might need to prove he is okay first. Lomachenko likely works him over with the output and angles.

I honestly think Manny has it in him to knock Spence out. Manny is not done and is a freak of nature.
    You Have to be kidding me. If JMM flattened Manny imagine what Spence would do. Im a realist Manny at this point maybe beats Danny Garcia and Mikey Garcia but the rest of the top welters, no way.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Pac is in the ring, stand by.
    No Pac please no!! I dont want my idol getting blasted away again.
    Never rule out the Pac. He is faster than Spence and hits harder. Spence has faced nothing like Manny.
    Mikey is easily better than Pacquiao of today
    I disagree. Pac could not fight at LW now, but has held his own at WW for years. If they were to fight next Pac would put him down 3 times and win 10 rounds. Few can deal with the speed. Pac is old but still puts down most of his opponents and with experience knows when to turn it up and when to take a breather. He's still awesome. Garcia is totally unproven at WW really and it showed badly.

I think Spence is a much harder fight, but Spence is relatively untested for a buzzsaw like Manny too and he will eat horrible shots from unholy angles. Manny will have him wobbly. It's a classic old tiger against a young lion. It's a great fight and I learned long ago never to sleep on Manny Pac.

All it takes from Manny is an explosion and suddenly you have a 10-8 round, an opponent doubting himself and you think 'Christ, he is meant to be 40!'
    Pacquiao struggled with Horn and you think he could beat Spence? I highly doubt Pacquiao will even fight Spence because he knows how bad of a beating he will take. Unlike Garcia, Pacquiao does not last the distance.
    Spot on!! I love Pac to death but after the JNM knockout I always have doubts on Pacmans chin.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Might need to prove he is okay first. Lomachenko likely works him over with the output and angles.

I honestly think Manny has it in him to knock Spence out. Manny is not done and is a freak of nature.
    You Have to be kidding me. If JMM flattened Manny imagine what Spence would do. Im a realist Manny at this point maybe beats Danny Garcia and Mikey Garcia but the rest of the top welters, no way.
    Marquez is the only one in years. Manny has been fighting bigger men and seldom been rocked. He loves it when a fighter comes to fight. He is like Duran. Hands of stone and sure a Hearns can happen but Manny is game. Spence is nothing he hasn't seen. It is something different for Spence though. Manny will Bradley him.

I love that everyone is writing him off. Love it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez is the only one in years. Manny has been fighting bigger men and seldom been rocked. He loves it when a fighter comes to fight. He is like Duran. Hands of stone and sure a Hearns can happen but Manny is game. Spence is nothing he hasn't seen. It is something different for Spence though. Manny will Bradley him.

Have you not seen how far Manny has slipped as a fighter since his pomp, which was many years ago now? He has beaten no top fighter in years and yet you really believe he can beat Spence. You really do live in an odd bubble in your world.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Spence was masterful. He never allowed Garcia to fight. He had a plan and he executed it with spite. Easy to get high on boxers before truly making that mark, but the guy is a throwback. To fight like that at this point in his career is remarkable. It has nothing to do with Garcia being bad on the night, or it being an off night, he was just outclassed in every department. The little micro movements that Spence makes even when going forward makes him a lot harder to nail flush than people have been claiming, and he mixes it up, not just through the dips and highs of the whole 12 rounds, but within single rounds. He can change his speed at will and will dictate where the action will take place on his terms.

Big waste to fight Manny. He destroys Manny at this stage. Not knocking Mannys willingness to fight him, but is a sad indictment on the other guys who should be challenging Spence that it is even being talked about.
    Yup, you could see the plan. Mikey wanted to think and catch Spence with something big and Spence was going to allow no time to think. I’m more certain than ever of who Spence is.

Funny to watch people suddenly decide on a Garcia/Loma fight off this. Making drastic reactions off every fight without consideration of the alternative “how would Pedraza do against Mikey?”, KO victory by Mikey. “How would Loma do against Spence?” KO victory by Spence. Mikey has said for a while how to beat Loma and he’s right. Can he do it? I don’t know, Loma is crazy good. It’s one thing to know how to do something and something else entirely to do it. But this fight tells us nothing about Garcia/Loma

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a Manny fan, and IMO Manny would fare better against Spence than Mikey did. (At least make it more interesting). But ever since the Floyd fight, where Manny totally disappointed with his puzzling rushing in style.... I just don't see where he'd be able to beat or much less dominate an all-around fighters like Spence.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t disagree with the crux of you two, but surely the fight increases lomas chances all around? Mikey putting on the weight and taking a beating can only hurt him going back down. He spoke well and seemed completely fine in the post fight stuff and all though, and looked/fought like he just didn’t cut weight rather than moved up, so i see the case.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I don’t disagree with the crux of you two, but surely the fight increases lomas chances all around? Mikey putting on the weight and taking a beating can only hurt him going back down. He spoke well and seemed completely fine in the post fight stuff and all though, and looked/fought like he just didn’t cut weight rather than moved up, so i see the case.
    Surely taking a beating never helps and “accepting defeat” makes accepting defeat easier the next time. I only mean directly nothing can be taken from this. Mikey couldn’t get Spence’s respect to slow him down enough to get his own stuff going. With Mikey’s power at 135 Loma would have to respect the power. The question is the same as always between them. Can Mikey turn with Loma and punch, if you can the matrix movement goes out the window like it did against Pedraza. It looks great against people that lack that talent but it simply doesn’t work against people that have talented feet of their own. Does Mikey turn with Loma and shoot the right? If so it turns into a heads up boxing match. Then it is Mikey’s power vs Loma boxing straight up. Very interesting.

I look at it as I look at GGG vs Brook. That destruction didn’t mean anything about how good Brook was at 147 because Brook didn’t have fight altering power at 160. It’s like Rigo at 130, not really Rigo. Etcetera

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have doubts if Mikey can get comfortably down to 135 again after this one but time will tell. I don't want to see him launched into an immediate mega fight with Loma or get caught up in the push right off. Spence has the world at his feet really. Can see him putting on weight and keeping perspective I think he is too much for Crawford if it happened tomorrow. PBC really has to rework it's future ppvs, dawned on me it was the most one sided cards I've seen. Spence batters Manny right now and would have him playing aggressor too. The earlier Hearns v Duran sounds about right. Literally every single fight was a complete non competition with opponents winning 0 rounds. Way too much fluff to fill in for early predictable one sided matches.

"Shawn Porter couldn't sell out a family dinner" quote of the night from Spence
    Last edited by Spicoli; 03-18-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence doiminated the fight and got stronger the longer the fight went on. Spence walked down Garcia in the last third of the fight and is the best in the division. Crawford v Spence would be the best fight in the division but think they will be kept apart which is a big shame.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Spence doiminated the fight and got stronger the longer the fight went on. Spence walked down Garcia in the last third of the fight and is the best in the division. Crawford v Spence would be the best fight in the division but think they will be kept apart which is a big shame.
    Yeah, they are looking at Pacquiao hard. If not PAC it will be Porter, they’ve already agreed on that. After that you have Thurman if his balls ever drop, hopefully he just retires. Then it is Crawford. Damn shame.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I'm a Manny fan, and IMO Manny would fare better against Spence than Mikey did. (At least make it more interesting). But ever since the Floyd fight, where Manny totally disappointed with his puzzling rushing in style.... I just don't see where he'd be able to beat or much less dominate an all-around fighters like Spence.
    I just see Manny being able to time Spence and put him down a few times. He is still incredible fast and awkward. The only thing that has changed for me is he fights more conservatively. He fights with pockets of explosion and otherwise uses a lot of maturity.

Sure he did not look good against Horn but he still had him wobbled and out on his feet. That and Mayweather are the only fights where you say 'Nah', but otherwise he is still very solid. Marquez wouldn't rematch for a reason. Even in that Manny was messing him up.

Thread Information