Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much credit should Floyd get...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How much credit should Floyd get...

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    How much do you want to bet that the promotion of this fight coveniantly will overlook the fact that Manny got knock out cold, face first, against JMM?
    I was thinking Pac lying face down would be used opposite Floyds face on the billboards in Vegas.

Perhaps instead of a 24/7, they will replay Pac-Marquez 4 and Floyd-Maidana 1 back to back on loop, on every major network worldwide. They could also start getting some of Floyds ex girlfriends on the talk show circuit to tap into the feminist market.
    and to go right against Mannys given beliefs, Floyd could announce his walk in is with the Village people singing YMCA and bring in the gay money.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will give him some credit. Floyd could have beat Manny anytime in his career. I knew once Bob Arum squeezed every cent he could out of Manny he would make the fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd will get no credit for beating the current 2nd best ranked welterweight in the world, current 2nd best P4P fighter in the world and one of the greatest fighters that ever lived.

If you're a pathetic moron.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    We're making it seem as if Pac is a lamb to the slaughter. If anything, since the JMM ko, Pac is smarter than he was before.

Do you think Pac, the most agile and active fighter on the scene today, will just sit there and let Floyd pot-shot him?? Do you really think that? lolol....

If anything, due to Pac's movement and multi-punch combo's that are the hardest in the division, I expect Floyd to get busted up more than what he did against Maidana.
    Well I wouldn't say that Pac will let Floyd pot shot him but there will be nothing he can do about it

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should get a lot of credit since Pac is still one of the top p4p fighters in the world. Even if he has gotten worse, he is still a very good fighter. Either way for me though, I think Floyd would have easily won whether then or now and Pac is lucky the fight didn't happen years ago because Pac would have gotten destroyed and then the whole unstoppable perception so many people had of him would have never existed.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd gets credit for refusing to fight a PED fueled Manny.

Does he deserve credit for beating one of the biggest phoneys of current boxing... Why not?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a Manny fan but more so a boxing fan who appreciates both fighters I the ring I would still give Money much credit to beating Manny (won't happen). Both fighters have aged but I think time has favored Floyd. That was his father's Mantra, do as little trauma to the body and the longer your career will last. The defense of Floyd, the opposition for the last little under a decade will be of benefit for him.

Manny has been balls to wall, I don't argue the ped thing anymore, I don't bring up Floyd's links to Manny Ramirez and his cohorts in baseball because it's speculation. It's to serious to accuse someone of doing such a thing and there is no hard evidence of anything on either of these guys.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense, Floyd is a chess wizard in the ring, so Damn impressive to watch.
    I think we are going to see some brilliance from Manny. It's the biggest fight for both these guys after a career of big fights, they know how to train and they are at home in the craziness of big fights. I'm a pactard who appreciates any and all great boxers ie. Shavers. This has to be a great fight. But for the sake of the thread I'll say whoever wins will certainly have my respect. I just realized I pledged not to participate in Manny v Pac threAds for about a month or so. Either way, the damming fight is happening, I'm trying to be more positive even thought it's happening too late and is going to be way to expensive but in glad it's happening. I even sent a friend request to @RuThLesSrocco he didn't reply but I thought I wanted to start at the beginning

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@walrus I accepted your friend request. It was the first one I ever got...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    How much do you want to bet that the promotion of this fight coveniantly will overlook the fact that Manny got knock out cold, face first, against JMM?
    They'll gloss over it and spin it around. "Ohhh he was so busy winning all the time, helping people in his home town and being a politician that he lost his focus and took JMM lightly. But now he's 100% committed." And then they'll show Pac and he'll say something to the effect of "I feel like the Pacquiao of old, I'm now 100% focused, actually I'm better than I was in 2009, I'm hitting harder than I've ever hit and Floyd is going to get the best Pac of all time, actually the shock of being KO'd made me a better fighter." All the typical bullshit, to try to make it sound like it's better they're fighting now as opposed to 5 years ago.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    If floyd beat pacman then he can claim to be TBE he's deffenetly up there IMO
    I dont think so. Hes fighting a man who has lost twice since people originally wanted the fight. For me a win would put him in the top 10 list.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    As a Manny fan but more so a boxing fan who appreciates both fighters I the ring I would still give Money much credit to beating Manny (won't happen). Both fighters have aged but I think time has favored Floyd. That was his father's Mantra, do as little trauma to the body and the longer your career will last. The defense of Floyd, the opposition for the last little under a decade will be of benefit for him.

Manny has been balls to wall, I don't argue the ped thing anymore, I don't bring up Floyd's links to Manny Ramirez and his cohorts in baseball because it's speculation. It's to serious to accuse someone of doing such a thing and there is no hard evidence of anything on either of these guys.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense, Floyd is a chess wizard in the ring, so Damn impressive to watch.
    I think we are going to see some brilliance from Manny. It's the biggest fight for both these guys after a career of big fights, they know how to train and they are at home in the craziness of big fights. I'm a pactard who appreciates any and all great boxers ie. Shavers. This has to be a great fight. But for the sake of the thread I'll say whoever wins will certainly have my respect. I just realized I pledged not to participate in Manny v Pac threAds for about a month or so. Either way, the damming fight is happening, I'm trying to be more positive even thought it's happening too late and is going to be way to expensive but in glad it's happening. I even sent a friend request to @RuThLesSrocco he didn't reply but I thought I wanted to start at the beginning
    @RuThLesSrocco, my apologies then, I checked a couple times and didn't see it. I'll look again. By the way, thanks for accepting and I am glad we are now bffs. @ruthless rocco.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I dont think so. Hes fighting a man who has lost twice since people originally wanted the fight. For me a win would put him in the top 10 list.
    Well it's only my opinion but I've said in the past floyds the best defensive fighter I've ever seen and if he beat pacman convincenly like I think he will, then I have no problem floyd calling himself TBE

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After floyd wins will all the hardcore manny fans jump on the khan ship or jump on the GGG ship and try to bring him down for a catchweight fight?

I wonder which way they will go?

After May the 2nd there will be some very upset posters that should hopefully understand when floyd and manny embrace after the fight that its just boxing...I will offer my shoulder for anyone to cry on.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    So we have already discovered it was pacs camp that prevented the fight from happening and Freddie has admitted this..why are we still moaning about this fact?!

I would love to know who is in front of floyd in your top ten?

Makes no difference to me but it would make a great discussion!

Thread Information