Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: M.I.A - Keith Thurman

If we’re going to lump Spence in with Thurman let’s look at the division as it relates to Spence(rankings by The Ring)

1)Thurman-Spence has called for it for years. When Thurman is willing it will happen

2)Spence-can’t fight himself

3)Porter-Porter won’t fight him

4)Garcia-Garcia won’t fight him

5)Brook-he just beat Brook and Brook shows no interest in doing it again

6)Peterson-Spence is negotiating with him currently

So Spence is trying to fight the highest rated guy that will fight him.

Thurman is what, in Nepal? Who is he trying to fight?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Ron Swanson who has Spence actually beaten? You talk as if he’s cleaning out the division. His last opponent had been knocked out in his fight previous, Algeri had lost two of his last three and Bundu was a Thurman leftover.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    @Ron Swanson who has Spence actually beaten? You talk as if he’s cleaning out the division. His last opponent had been knocked out in his fight previous, Algeri had lost two of his last three and Bundu was a Thurman leftover.
    He beat the people willing to fight him. You what, you support Thurman who has said no for years and conveniently timed his surgery for 1 week before picking up the belt that Thurman said he would fight him if he got?

I have said absolutely nothing about Spence cleaning out the division. You avoided what I said because you can’t debate what I said.

How about you go back to the post you are talking about and debate something, I’ll just hang up and listen.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Listen Ron, your boy hasn’t been that active either this year. He’s fought once and that was against a guy who’d been KO’ed in his previous fight so Spence is hardly the most active fighter nor is he fighting the best guys out there.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I miss the James Toney mindset where he would fight multiple times a year. I think a fighter, for the most part, stays sharpest fighting multiple times a year. The caveat to that is to throw in soft touches and only fight 1-2 big fights each year. JCC was very effective with this model, as was Duran. Not every fight has to be a top challenger, but I think it is good for a guy to get in often and display his talents. A guy like Floyd, who was fighting well above his weight, is where I would give an exception.

As for Thurman, he beat Porter and Garcia, so hard to knock him for quality of opposition. That being said, I think Spence is the class of that division, as long as someone like Porter doesn’t catch him on an off night. Porter is that guy, like Holyfield, who will give anyone a close fight, and score an upset if the opponent is absolutely razor sharp.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Listen Ron, your boy hasn’t been that active either this year. He’s fought once and that was against a guy who’d been KO’ed in his previous fight so Spence is hardly the most active fighter nor is he fighting the best guys out there.
    You could have just said “I couldn’t”.

But I’ll address your point. He isn’t active because they won’t fight him. Oh wait, I’ve said that already, and you’ve skipped that point already.

So let’s address it in a different way, he is negotiating to fight the highest rated guy that will fight him. Oh wait, I’ve said that already, you’ve skipped that point already.

So yes, we have dulled it all the way down to he no fight me angry

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

But I’ll address your point. He isn’t active because they won’t fight him. Oh wait, I’ve said that already, and you’ve skipped that point already.

So let’s address it in a different way, he is negotiating to fight the highest rated guy that will fight him. Oh wait, I’ve said that already, you’ve skipped that point already.

While Spence talks about fighting the best Thurman actually does it

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Try using a good argument.

Whether or not Spence is fighting a lot is not connected to whether or not Thurman should fight more.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

Try using a good argument.

Whether or not Spence is fighting a lot is not connected to whether or not Thurman should fight more.
    You’re trying to argue against the facts. Thurman has been in with and beaten better fighters and that’s all there is to it. They’ve both only fought once this year but Thurman beat an unbeaten fighter while Spence beat a guy who was coming off a brutal one sided defeat.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are trying to connect things that don’t need to be connected. Here is your type of argument.

My friend cheated on his wife by having sex with multiple other women but I only cheated on my wife with one woman therefore what I did is not bad.

Just because you think Spence have fought lesser competition and isn’t active doesn’t give Thurman some sort of free pass.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he’s fighting as regularly as his rivals but against better opposition (which this year he has) then he does get a pass.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he’s fighting as regularly as his rivals but against better opposition (which this year he has) then he does get a pass.
    You think Danny Garcia is better than Brook? 😂

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know Garcia is better than Brook and Danny wasn’t damaged goods either

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then you know fuck all. Just like you came here spouting about ginger pubes. I get it now. You like guys that duck fights.

For example Garcia was ordered to fight Porter quack quack quack. Back to Garcia ways. Won’t even consider fighting Spence. Never considered fighting Brook. Where as Brook beat Porter.

Anyone with an eye knew Garcia was the soft champ at 147 until Horn came along. That’s why they all called him out. He hid as long as he could, earning your respect. You like hiders. Like Thurman. Like ginger pubes hiding at Caneloweight. And judge seekers like Spence. It’s sad, but do your sad thing.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then you know fuck all. Just like you came here spouting about ginger pubes. I get it now. You like guys that duck fights.

For example Garcia was ordered to fight Porter quack quack quack. Back to Garcia ways. Won’t even consider fighting Spence. Never considered fighting Brook. Where as Brook beat Porter.

Anyone with an eye knew Garcia was the soft champ at 147 until Horn came along. That’s why they all called him out. He hid as long as he could, earning your respect. You like hiders. Like Thurman. Like ginger pubes hiding at Caneloweight. And judge seekers like Spence. It’s sad, but do your sad thing.
    The only idiot here is you Ron, I’m not even a fan of Garcia. Can’t stand the guy and always root against him but there’s no question he’s achieved more than Brook and is overall the more accomplished fighter. I’m not even a fan of Thurman I just accept that he’s the best at 147. The only one here being bias is you.

Thread Information