Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Rooney: "Mormeck has mastered the style of Tyson's prime"

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Kevin Rooney: "Mormeck has mastered the style of Tyson's prime"

Well ross, what do you think of this? I think a tiny little cruiserweight is going to get demolished by Wladimir when they finally fight.

At least Kevin Rooney is training someone getting a title shot, heck if Jean Marc does well maybe others will use him, but Kev has talked up this fight big time and how Mormeck has studied Tyson, how Tyson fought & beat taller guys, and those were the reasons they took the fight.

I'm just going to go ahead and throw out my reasons why Mormeck using Tyson's style won't work: Wlad isn't scared of him, Mormeck doesn't have the power, Mormeck doesn't have the chin, and Wlad's style is perfect to make anyone not dynamic with that peekaboo style look like a chump. But that's just how I see it.

Tyson fans?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kevin Rooney: "Mormeck has mastered the style of Tyson's prime"

It's a crap fight and Mormeck is not prime Tyson. Trainers always talk shit, so why should we get excited by this?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad is rubbish and concedes it by accepting that his brother is better. Tyson would destroy him.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like Kevin Rooney has hit the bottle again

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Wlad is rubbish and concedes it by accepting that his brother is better. Tyson would destroy him.
    That's something called humility....perhaps you've, naaaah you've never heard of it

The whole Tyson-Wlad match is an erroneous concept, I just found it humorous that #1 Kevin Rooney has been hired by a boxer with a shot at a title and #2 Jean Marc Mormeck of all people has "mastered" the Tyson style.

As for Rooney, the "Tyson style", etc....there's a ton of stocky little dudes out there that can punch, especially in the heavyweight division, so why has Rooney had so little success outside of Tyson?...perhaps because there are flaws with that system just as with any other, but the flaws in this system are easier to expose and have NEVER produced a top notch fighter that stayed at the top for an extended period of time the way other styles have done?

I'll give you that part of the answer is that Tyson's intangibles, chin, handspeed, power, size, were just there and filled in the gaps in this system, but to me though exciting, that technique was not built for the long haul and could be exploited easily by other styles.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh, and Tyson was so easily exploited in his prime. Was he heck, he was great and it wasn't down to Rooney. You cannot make Mormeck a Tyson. Tyson was special and incredibly so.

Rooney is talking shit, but that is no reason to bring down Tyson who was a wonderful fighter.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find it humorous that Mormeck is even in the ring with Wlad... Let alone that rooney has trained him to master the peekaboo style

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Poor Kevin. Still trying to shake off that brutal Arguello right hand. But I thought this steaming pile of a gimme, erm, I mean fight was off

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Poor Kevin. Still trying to shake off that brutal Arguello right hand. But I thought this steaming pile of a gimme, erm, I mean fight was off
    Well #1 I agree, this fight DOES suck...Wlad said "Mormeck was the only one that stepped forward to take the fight" #2 Corrie Sanders was like the 11th choice for the fight vs Wlad all those years ago, so you never know #3 The fight has been postponed until February or March, I don't know...not that I'm happy about it.

miles, I am not bringing Tyson down I gave Tyson credit for the success of his own style because Tyson was the only guy at the time who hand the intangibles to make the style LESS vulnerable. Tyson had power, handspeed, athletic ability, good size, a killer instinct and a solid chin. Mike Tyson is the reason there have been no more Mike Tyson's (in any weight class) he was the guy who fit the bill perfectly for who you have to be to use that style effectively. Look at Rooney's most recent talents and how little they've produced Thomas Hayes heavyweight out of Chicago DESTROYED by Cris Arreola, Leonard Pierre Anasta of Haiti DEMOLISHED by Kelly Pavlik....those were Rooney's BEST fighters!!!

It's funny you mention Arguello-Rooney Spicoli, because that's almost what Wlad-Mormeck is

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dunno Lyle, just can't put lipstick on this pig. He'd have a tougher night at the putt putt course on a stormy night Mormeck isn't Tyson, shoot he's not even Sanders who had actually ko'd a -heavyweight- or ten in his career. If I could sad click Wlad for this one I would.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Dunno Lyle, just can't put lipstick on this pig. He'd have a tougher night at the putt putt course on a stormy night Mormeck isn't Tyson, shoot he's not even Sanders who had actually ko'd a -heavyweight- or ten in his career. If I could sad click Wlad for this one I would.
    I would too, but let's remember everyone was down on Wlad when the Chisora fight was being bandied about...it looked like a horrible mismatch and yet in the eyes of many he was completely robbed against Robert Helenius whom (again in the eyes of many) is considered to be the biggest threat to the Klitschko's. Of course, Mormeck is old, and a cruiserweight and IMO there were much better fights to be made out there.

Anything beyond 5 rounds and not ending in the devistating KO of Mormeck may as well be counted as a loss for Wlad

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Oh, and Tyson was so easily exploited in his prime. Was he heck, he was great and it wasn't down to Rooney. You cannot make Mormeck a Tyson. Tyson was special and incredibly so.

Rooney is talking shit, but that is no reason to bring down Tyson who was a wonderful fighter.
    i agree with this , Mormeck is nowhere near as effective as Tyson was in his prime...certainly a weird comment by Kevin Rooney
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just because he has mastered the style does not mean he will beat Wlad. I could master the style but Wlad is still beating the shit out of me.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You gotta feel a little bit sorry for Wlad and Vitali. They will be judged on being good in a shitty era of heavyweights but who is there to fight at top level?? Just looking at how out of shape the heavies of today are makes me switch off instantly. Can we feed Tyson Fury to the Wlad please? Honestly, everytime Wlad or Vitali fight it might as well be feeding time at the zoo

Thread Information