Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Margarito speaks: I don’t feel that Cotto beat me...Margarito-Cotto 3?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Margarito speaks: I don’t feel that Cotto beat me...Margarito-Cotto 3?

Boxing - Margarito speaks: I don’t feel that Cotto beat me

Margarito doesnt seem happy with the stoppage, but IMO there was no doubt the fight had to be stopped. Hes claiming he could see out of the eye but how could he ? You couldn't see his eyeball at all and imagine if the fight had carried on he could have suffered even more damage to the eye. With the history of having a right eye problem and it looking that bad I think the referee did the correct thing IMO. He was badly behind on the cards and I dont think Cotto was tiring too badly. I believe he would have done enough to hang on and he didnt look as if he was feeling Margarito's power as much this time around, again making it clear did Margarito use handwraps? He was outclassed in the fight and Cotto did more than enough to walk out of the fight the winner.

Margarito talks about wanting a third fight with Cotto...What does everybody think about this? In his words he felt like the tide was turning like the first fight and he could see through his eye without any problems. Should Margarito have a third fight with Cotto?

I personally would like to see Cotto try and fight Canelo/Kirkland or Mayweather. I dont believe Margarito deserves another shot at Cotto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito is a joke. I'm a big fan of Mexican fighters, but not this one. He's just pathetic. They should've just let Cotto blind him. I don't think Cotto would've felt too bad about it anyway.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Margarito speaks: I don’t feel that Cotto beat me...Margarito-Cotto 3?

If they had a third fight, Cotto would just beat him worse

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Margarito speaks: I don’t feel that Cotto beat me...Margarito-Cotto 3?

What does he mean by beat? Knock him out? make him go blind? end his career? because to me he was beat quite convincingly and he will get beat worse in a 3rd fight.
    I had a doubt before the 2nd fight that maybe Margarito has Cotto's number but now I know Cotto can beat him. Margarito's punches didn't have that same power and didn't do the same damage as the first fight. He will end up blind in a 3rd fight. If he does end up blind Cotto shouldn't feel no guilt because Margarito is a cheat and could have ended fighter's lifes, we still don't know he may have done long term damage to someone.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

El Kabong Guest

I wish Margarito out of boxing altogether, but if he decides to stay there are some interesting matchups that include him. A rematch with Paul Williams, Ricardo Mayorga, Canelo Alvarez, James Kirkland, Erislandy Lara, Austin Trout, Vanes Martyrosian, Demetrius Andrade...throw Toni in with those guys and SEE what happens.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I wish Margarito out of boxing altogether, but if he decides to stay there are some interesting matchups that include him. A rematch with Paul Williams, Ricardo Mayorga, Canelo Alvarez, James Kirkland, Erislandy Lara, Austin Trout, Vanes Martyrosian, Demetrius Andrade...throw Toni in with those guys and SEE what happens.
    I personally think he would lose them all, maybe not a Mayorga or a Williams rematch. But there is some great younger talent at 154 and I think they would all beat Margarito now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like his pussy hurts. Hopefully, he'll get medical clearance to fight again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, yeah ........

You didn't feel the plaster in your wraps either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On their first fight he was behind on points and came back to win. He had no damaged features like this one with his eyes though. Miguel and his team came up with a great strategy and did what they had to: work on that eye.

Fight got stopped for all the right reasons, he lost, that simple.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This just shows how fans let their personal feelings clash with objectivity.

Any boxer in margo's position would feel robbed. Point fuckin blank.

This isnt about the plasters cuz thats done business. The fightr was stopped premature and cotto lucked out.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Boxing - Margarito speaks: I don’t feel that Cotto beat me

Margarito doesnt seem happy with the stoppage, but IMO there was no doubt the fight had to be stopped. Hes claiming he could see out of the eye but how could he ? You couldn't see his eyeball at all and imagine if the fight had carried on he could have suffered even more damage to the eye. With the history of having a right eye problem and it looking that bad I think the referee did the correct thing IMO. He was badly behind on the cards and I dont think Cotto was tiring too badly. I believe he would have done enough to hang on and he didnt look as if he was feeling Margarito's power as much this time around, again making it clear did Margarito use handwraps? He was outclassed in the fight and Cotto did more than enough to walk out of the fight the winner.

Margarito talks about wanting a third fight with Cotto...What does everybody think about this? In his words he felt like the tide was turning like the first fight and he could see through his eye without any problems. Should Margarito have a third fight with Cotto?

I personally would like to see Cotto try and fight Canelo/Kirkland or Mayweather. I dont believe Margarito deserves another shot at Cotto.
    Who cares what Margarito thinks, when the fight was stopped he'd lost just about every round on the scorecards, including the 9th and final round. So how the fuck was he turning the tide, by continuing to lose rounds? Margo was losing rounds before the eye started closing, and he continued losing rounds, saying he was coming on is pure bullshit.

BTW, Steve Smoger needs to STFU.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    El Kabong;1039188]If they had a third fight, Cotto would just beat him worse[/B]

That's what I think, and Margarito doesn't deserve another fight with Cotto.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should be happy he got a second pay day and move south and retire into the worse area of Tijuana where he will stand out.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    This just shows how fans let their personal feelings clash with objectivity.

Any boxer in margo's position would feel robbed. Point fuckin blank.

This isnt about the plasters cuz thats done business. The fightr was stopped premature and cotto lucked out.
    lucked out from what exactly? being charged for attempted murder? cause that's all that was going on, Cotto would have either fucked him up even worse and gotten the stoppage a bit later, or he would have gone the distance winning the 3 remaining rounds as well, Margarito won maybe one round the entire fight, and that was just barely and is up for dispute whether he even took the 9th or not, Margarito was robbed of nothing and deserves no pity or sympathy, he's just a whiny bitch who on top of a cheater apparently now he's a sore loser as well hahaha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....yea and i don't feel like i lost the lottery last night. Margarito is such a tool
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Thread Information