Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacquiao, Garcia talking about an exhibition match

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2021/01...-april-or-may/

"Manny Pacquiao Vs. Ryan Garcia Possible At 143 Catchweight In April Or May"

Is boxing this hard up for fights that we're now hearing about a possible "exhibition" match between Pacquiao and Garcia? "Exhibition"?? Isn't that what already retired dudes like Floyd or Mike Tyson or Roy Jones do, either to fatten their own wallets... or for some noble cause? W(hy)TF would Ryan Frigging Garcia be fighting a frigging exhibition match against anyone? Isn't he trying to work on his STILL GROWING career? W(hat)TF has Ryan Garcia accomplished in boxing... that he gets to fight some godforsaken exhibition match against Manny Pacquiao?? And at a catchweight, no less.

Hey, I get it... handsome little, southern California Ryan Garcia has picked the winning lottery ticket from the boxing media... and has been handpicked for stardom... ala Golden Boy and Ginger Boy. Once that golden finger is pointed at you... you've got it made in the shade. "Move directly to GO... collect your $200". Forget about all those pesky tough, rocky roads that mere mortal fighters have to travel before getting to stardom. We've picked you to be the future face of boxing... and we'll be damned if we don't throw every rose petal we can scrounge up into your path.

Why in HELL is Ryan Garcia fighting an exhibition match against anyone? Shame on Pac for lending himself to this sham. I don't know the money particulars, and frankly don't care. Garcia needs to concern himself with the Teo's, the Gervontas, and the Lomachenkos of the world... before filling his crowned little head with stupid thoughts of exhibitions.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao, Garcia talking about an exhibition match

Garcia is going for the fame and money with this fight against the legend.

This could be the passing of the torch or young upstart getting his comeuppance.

Manny has not fought for ages and could get "old" in the fight especially if he is weight drained. Pac Man also wants to cash in and this probably makes the most amount of money with a better chance of a win especially since McGregor lost.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice "passing of the torch", with other more deserving young talent being passed by.

It's pretty easy to see what I don't like about some fighters. This "pre-anointment" business has always reeked, but seems an inevitable part of boxing.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never wanted to see Pac look like a hanger-on. I wouldn't put it pass him that he may have a dwindling account. Drugs & women dont take his loot, but everytime something happens to his fellow countrymen or the nation in general he digs into his own pockets.

I am almost ready to make the prediction in 2021 Pac will become old in the ring overnight. We shouldn't have to witness another great failing to heed his retirement call. 42 yrd old out of the ring for a 1yr 1/2 & 1 tko in a decade.

I wonder if all that money people gave to those 2 fifty plus year old fighters makes them think they too can make money the easy way- exhibition. It used to be for charity for the fans, not for income.
    Retire already Pac, please.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Up and coming US lightweight Ryan Garcia said on Instagram Saturday that he wants to get in the ring with Philippine icon Manny Pacquiao in an official bout.

With Yahoo among the outlets reporting such a fight is in the works, Garcia said he wanted to make it absolutely clear that it wouldn't be an exhibition.

"Hey everybody, I just want to make it real clear: My fight with Pacquiao would not be an exhibition," Garcia said in a video posted on his Instagram story.

"It will be a real fight, shooting for 12 rounds, all on the line. Our records will be on the line. I just want to make that very clear for everybody."

One stumbling block could be the weight class, with 42-year-old Pacquiao long fighting at welterweight.

The 22-year-old Garcia survived an early knockdown to stop Luke Campbell in the seventh round earlier this month in Dallas to claim the interim World Boxing Council lightweight title.

He improved to 21-0 with 18 wins inside the distance.

Pacquiao, meanwhile, hasn't fought since claiming the World Boxing Association's welterweight "super" world title with a stunning victory over Keith Thurman in Las Vegas in July of 2019, taking his record to 62-7 with two drawn and 39 knockouts.

On Friday, the WBA said it was designating Pacquiao "Champion in Recess" and promoting Cuba's Yordenis Ugas to welterweight world champion because of Pacquiao's inactivity.

The WBA noted that its rules state that the recess can be invoked "when a champion is unable to defend the belt for medical, legal or other reasons beyond his control."

The governing body didn't specify which of those reasons might apply in Pacquiao's case.

https://sports.yahoo.com/us-lightwei...223905032.html

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Win, lose or draw Pac's legacy has long been secured.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this is indeed in the works Oscar must have zero faith in Garcia.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Pacquiao confirms he is back in training as he teases 'big news'

The former-eight division world champion has not fought since his July 2019 victory over Keith Thurman, but it appears that his time away from the ring will soon come to an end.

A bout with undefeated lightweight prodigy Ryan Garcia has been rumoured for Pacquiao for a while, but fights against Errol Spence Jr and UFC star Conor McGregor have also been discussed in the recent past.

Although he did not reveal an opponent or a comeback date, 'Pac Man' took to social media on Tuesday to inform his fans that preparations for his next fight had officially started.

"Training camp has begun," tweeted Pacquiao.

"I’m ready to get back in the ring and to further add to my legacy in the sport of boxing. Big news coming soon."

A meeting with Garcia seems most likely to be next for Pacquiao, according to the president of his promotional company, Sean Gibbons.

Interim WBC lightweight champion Garcia was not even born when Pacquiao made his professional boxing debut, but Team Pacquiao hopes that the bout can be agreed shortly.

"They are ongoing and hopefully things will work out," Gibbons said of negotiations.
    Pacquiao is 71 fights into his career - and no doubt realises that he does not have many years left in the sport.

With that in mind, he has also targeted a clash with unified welterweight world champion Spence Jr at some point in the near future.

"He is too slow, Pacquiao insisted when asked about the unbeaten American by BusinessMirror. “Spence is slower than Thurman but it’s going to be a good fight."
    Another fight that Pacquiao has long had his eye on is a bout with MMA superstar McGregor.

The Irishman was defeated in his UFC rematch with Dustin Poirier last month, but Pacquiao has backed McGregor to emerge stronger following the loss:

"Losing is part of the game. In sport there are winners and losers, that's all. It is not about defeat, but about how you accept defeat in your life: how you get over that difficult time in your life," insisted Pacquiao.

"McGregor had already beaten his rival before and I think that made him underestimate him."

Pacquiao is certainly a man with many options as he plots his return to boxing. Given his legendary career, it would be no shock to see him take on several of these challenges before he finally hangs up his gloves.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...rtan-ntp-feeds

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac and Garcia doesn't do a lot for me to be honest. Best way for Garcia to forge ahead off of his breakout KO win is to do something unheard of these days and actually get it on with formidable competition in his own top heavy division. Same can be said for Manny two divisions up.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The one saving grace about it is that it is highly unlikely to be a chess match. Just not where Garcia needs to be right now and it could all go pear shaped if ol bobble head hits him as flush as Campbell did. Is there any kind of testing at all for this one?

Obviously i mean Covid... Obviously
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    The one saving grace about it is that it is highly unlikely to be a chess match. Just not where Garcia needs to be right now and it could all go pear shaped if ol bobble head hits him as flush as Campbell did. Is there any kind of testing at all for this one?

Obviously i mean Covid... Obviously
    Can't see him avoiding Mannys left hand. When you come out of your last fight with glaring defensive flaws on display the last place you belong is taking an instant cash grab with a great. Regardless if he's as old as dirt and collecting a pension or not. But hey..money talks.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Pac and Garcia doesn't do a lot for me to be honest. Best way for Garcia to forge ahead off of his breakout KO win is to do something unheard of these days and actually get it on with formidable competition in his own top heavy division. Same can be said for Manny two divisions up.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been watching boxing a while now and I've never ever once seen an exhibition with two active winning fighters that's why I don't see this fight happening.

Maybe GBP wants to cash out. I don't see Garcia being in the sport too long. He'll be like a Juan Diaz who at 30 became a lawyer. He still has his faculties. If we could fast forward 20 years I wouldn't be suprised if Ryan is another athlete turned movie star like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson or Terry Crews were too.

As for Manny eventually he will slow down enough and get caught with a KO punch. Don't forget what happened to Roy Jones. There is no Superman.

Even though Garcia has one punch knockout loss written all over him. I don't think Pac KO's anyone ever again. I don't think Garcia has a glass jaw though. It was maybe 1 second before he rolled out and got bk to his feet against Campbell. Many fighters would have been counted out but not only did Garcia get up immediately, he went right back on the attack. He doesn't have a questionable chin. He's got questionable defense.

He's a bit like Felix Trindad in that he goes down well. Pac could certainly land on him, but Ryan has the kind of twitchy speed and power to put an aging Pacman to sleep worse than JMM did. I see Ryan knocking Manny out if it happened (which it wont)

Last edited by Denilson3.0; 02-11-2021 at 03:48 AM.

Thread Information