Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: SugarJ's World Boxing Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Oh yea i forgot brock that old fuck i dont agree with a lot of what he says but he has good points as well. Also been on this earth longer so he has and been watching the sport before i was born so i think sometimes he know what he is talking about but he sometimes like to bait.
    To be fair @Lineal answers all my points and queries to which I kind of accept so can not argue with. In short it is fair as it can be.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder went rounds but was that a good thing or bad thing?

Ratings updated:

https://boxranks.wordpress.com/2015/...-16-june-2015/

HEAVYWEIGHT:

Number two Deontay Wilder (34-0, 33 KOs) knocked out unrated Eric Molina (23-3, 17 KOs) in nine rounds. Wilder dropped Moilina in the fourth, twice in the fifth and a final time in the ninth to end it. Number eight Carlos Takam (32-2-1, 25 KOs) scored a fifth round knockout over unrated journeyman Michael Sprott (42-24, 17 KOs). No changes.

LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT:

Number six Artur Beterbiev (9-0, 9 KOs) dropped unrated Alexander Johnson (16-3, 7 KOs) twice in round five and two more times in the seventh to forced the ref to stop the bout. Number nine Eleider Alvarez (17-0, 10 KOs) scored a second round stoppage over unrated Anatoliy Dudchenko (19-3, 13 KOs) in a Cruiserweight bout. No changes.

SUPER-WELTERWEIGHT:

Number two Erislandy Lara (21-2-2, 12 KOs) won a wide twelve round unanimous decision over unrated veteran Delvin Rodriguez (28-8-4, 16 KOs) scoring a knockdown in the sixth round of a one-sided fight. Previous number three Demetrius Andrade (21-0, 14 KOs) is removed due to inactivity. Everyone rated four through ten moves up a place each. Julian Williams (20-0-1, 12 KOs) now number nine dropped unrated Arman Ovsepyan (14-5, 11 KOs) in round one on the way to stopping him in the sixth. Ishe Smith (27-7, 12 KOs) squeaks back in at number ten.

LIGHTWEIGHT:

Previous number three Raymundo Beltran (30-7-1, 18 KOs) is removed as he has been temporarily suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission following a failed drug test for a banned substance after his May 1 bout. A full hearing is scheduled to take place in August. Everyone rated four through ten last week moves up a place each. Dejan Zlaticanin (21-0, 14 KOs) now third stopped unrated Ivan Redkach (18-1, 14 KOs) in the fourth round. Emiliano Marsili (31-0-1, 14 KOs) enters at number ten.

SUPER-FEATHERWEIGHT:

Number nine Jose Pedraza (20-0, 12 KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over unrated Andrey Klimov (19-2, 9 KOs). No changes.

FEATHERWEIGHT:

Number one Nicholas Walters (26-0, 21 KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over unrated amateur rival Miguel Marriaga (20-1, 18 KOs). No changes.

SUPER-BANTAMWEIGHT:

Number eight Shingo Wake (19-4-2, 11 KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over unrated Mike Tawatchai (35-8-1, 21 KOs). No changes.

BANTAMWEIGHT:

Number eight Suriyan Sor Rungvisai (43-6-1, 21 KOs) knocked out unrated Jomar Fajardo (14-8-2, 7 KOs) in the second round. When Fajardo went down in round two it was originally ruled a slip. Fajardo refused the referee’s assistance and remained on the canvas. The ref reached the count of five with no indication from Fajardo that he was going to rise; before deciding to wave off the contest. No changes.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Start dusting off some space for Felix Verdejo at lightweight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Lemieux was pure excitement.

Ratings updated:

https://boxranks.wordpress.com/2015/...-23-june-2015/

LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT:

Andre Ward (28-0, 15 KOs) defended his championship with a dominant ninth round stoppage of unrated Paul Smith (35-6, 20 KOs) after Smith’s corner threw in the towel. No changes.

MIDDLEWEIGHT:

David Lemieux (34-2, 31 KOs) enters the ratings at number seven after scoring four knockdowns to win a twelve round unanimous decision over previous number six Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam (31-2, 18 KOs). N’Jikam who showed tremendous heart falls to eighth. Andy Lee (34-2-1, 24 KOs) moves up a place to sixth. Daniel Geale (31-4, 16 KOs) and Jorge Sebastian Heiland (25-4-2, 13 KOs) shuffle down a place each to accommodate Lemieux’s entry. Danny Jacobs (29-1, 26 KOs) is pushed out of the ratings for now.

WELTERWEIGHT:

Number six Shawn Porter (26-1-1, 16 KOs) survived a late knock down to win a twelve round unanimous decision over number eight ranked Super-Lightweight Adrian Broner (30-2, 22 KOs). No changes.

SUPER-LIGHTWEIGHT:

Number eight Adrian Broner (30-2, 22 KOs) lost a twelve round unanimous decision in a Welterweight bout against sixth rated Welterweight Shawn Porter (26-1-1, 16 KOs). No changes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Despite a few crazy last seconds Tim Bradley emerged victorious.

Ratings updated:

https://boxranks.wordpress.com/2015/...-30-june-2015/

SUPER-MIDDLEWEIGHT:

Number eight Gilberto Ramirez Sanchez (32-0, 24 KOs) won a ten round unanimous decision over unranked Derek Edwards (27-5-1, 14 KOs). No changes.

MIDDLEWEIGHT:

Previous number four Jermain Taylor (33-4-1, 20 KOs) is removed due to his continued outside the ring legal battles. Previous number three Martin Murray (30-2-1, 13 KOs) stopped unrated George Beroshvili (19-6-2, 12 KOs) in the second round of an over-the-weight bout. Murray exits as he has moved up a weight class. Number five Sam Soliman (44-13, 18 KOs) lost a disputed twelve round split decision to unrated Dominic Wade (18-0, 12 KOs) who fought within the Super-Middleweight limit. Andy Lee (34-2-1, 24 KOs) and David Lemieux (34-2, 31 KOs) leapfrog three places each to third and fourth respectively. Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam (31-2, 18 KOs), Daniel Geale (31-4, 16 KOs) and Jorge Sebastian Heiland (25-4-2, 13 KOs) all move up two spots each to sixth, seventh and eighth to fill the gaps. Danny Jacobs (29-1, 26 KOs) returns to the ratings at number nine. Billy Joe Saunders (21-0, 11 KOs) enters at number ten.

WELTERWEIGHT:

Number two Timothy Bradley (32-1-1, 12 KOs) survived a late scare after he was hurt by a right hand and the ref mistakenly called an early end to the final round with seconds to go; to win a twelve round unanimous decision over previous number three Super-Lightweight Jessie Vargas (26-1, 9 KOs). No changes.

SUPER-LIGHTWEIGHT:

Previous number three Jessie Vargas (26-1, 9 KOs) tumbles to six after losing a twelve round unanimous decision to number two Welterweight Timothy Bradley (32-1-1, 12 KOs) in a Welterweight fight. Everyone rated fourth to six previously shuffles up a place each.

FLYWEIGHT:

Number four Amnat Ruenroeng (16-0, 5 KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over previous number ten John Riel Casimero (21-3, 13 KOs) in an awfully dirty bout full of fouls from Ruenroeng, who eventually lost a point in the eleventh. Casimero exits. Suguru Muranaka (22-2-1, 7 KOs) enters at tenth.
    Last edited by Lineal; 06-30-2015 at 11:40 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amnat Ruenroeng has been on a pretty good run at Flyweight. I would but him ahead of both Viloria and Mthalane. And Geale should of dropped completely from the rankings with that non-effort of his

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Amnat Ruenroeng has been on a pretty good run at Flyweight. I would but him ahead of both Viloria and Mthalane. And Geale should of dropped completely from the rankings with that non-effort of his
    No doubt Ruenroeng has been on a fantastic run his last 5 fights. Although I feel he hasn't really dominated, his victories over Ioka and Arroyo were very close and his last fight with Casimero was bordering on MMA.

Viloria and Mthalane's opposition is hurting them and in Moruti's case inactivity. They are both on my radar for possible demotion.

In saying that Viloria is 10-1 since moving to Flyweight with solid wins over Miranda, Segura, Romero and Marquez. The only loss was to Estrada.

Mthalane's inactivity has been the biggest problem, his victories over Hussein, Miranda, Tete, Casimero, Nunez, Zaleta and a stoppage loss to a peak Donaire on a cut show his ability.

With both Taylor and Murray exiting the 160 rankings this week most of the division advanced. Geale definitely disappointed against Cotto but he was under weight restrictions that may have played a part. His only major loses are to Golovkin and Cotto (no shame in losing to those guys). The Barker and Mundine fights could have arguably gone either way. Victories over Dawson, Karmazin, Sylvester, Sturm and Mundine keep him in the lower half of the top 10 at this stage.

Guys like Eubank Jr, Johnson and Centeno are knocking on the door. Mora has an opportunity to enter against Jacobs.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Excellent job on this. By the way, what is the weight of straw weight.
    7 stone 6 lb

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quiet weekend, a few ranked little guys in action. Rated Light-Flyweights Pedro Guevara and Ganigan Lopez clashed.

Ratings updated:

https://boxranks.wordpress.com/2015/...f-7-july-2015/

LIGHT-FLYWEIGHT:

Number two Pedro Guevara (26-1-1, 17 KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over number ten Ganigan Lopez (25-6, 16 KOs). Lopez came on strong down the stretch but it wasn’t enough to close the gap. No changes.

MINIMUMWEIGHT:

Number four Knockout CP Freshmart (11-0, 6 KOs) scored a fourth round stoppage over unranked Alexis Diaz (16-1, 10 KOs). No changes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ranked fighters in action this week:

HEAVYWEIGHT:

Ruslan Chagaev (10) vs Francesco Pianeta (U)

WELTERWEIGHT:

Keith Thurman (4) vs Luis Collazo (U)

SUPER-LIGHTWEIGHT:

Mauricio Herrera (4) vs Hank Lundy (U)

SUPER-FEATHERWEIGHT:

Miguel Roman (7) vs David Martinez (U)

SUPER-BANTAMWEIGHT:

Andres Gutierrez (9) vs Jhon Gemino (U)

LIGHT-FLYWEIGHT:

Donnie Nietes (1) vs Francisco Rodriguez Jr (6)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donnie Nietes confirmed his placement as the #1 Light-Flyweight.

Ratings updated:

https://boxranks.wordpress.com/2015/...-14-july-2015/

HEAVYWEIGHT:

Number ten Ruslan Chagaev (34-2-1, 21 KOs) destroyed unrated Francisco Pianeta (31-2-1, 17 KOs) in one round. No changes.

WELTERWEIGHT:

Number four Keith Thurman (26-0, 22 KOs) scored an eighth round stoppage over unranked veteran Luis Collazo (36-7, 19 KOs). The bout was stopped when it was established that Collazo couldn’t see out of his right eye. No changes.

SUPER-LIGHTWEIGHT:

Number four Mauricio Herrera (22-5, 7 KOs) won a five round majority technical decision over fringe contender Hank Lundy (25-5-1, 12 KOs). Head clashes left Herrera with cuts over both eyes that worsened to eventually force the ref to wave off the bout in round five and send it to the scorecards. Scores were 48-48, 48-47, 48-47. No changes.

SUPER-FEATHERWEIGHT:

Previous number four Argenis Mendez (22-3-1, 12 KOs) exits as he has been inactive at this weight for over a year. Everyone rated five through ten last time advances a place each. Number seven Miguel Roman (51-11, 38 KOs) pummelled unrated David Martinez (18-6-1, 3 KOs) to a third round stoppage. Romain Jacob (23-0, 7 KOs) enters at number ten.

SUPER-BANTAMWEIGHT:

Number nine Andres Gutierrez (32-0-1, 22 KOs) won a ten round unanimous decision over unrated Jhon Gemino (12-4-1, 5 KOs) in a Super-Featherweight bout. Gutierrez is nearing removal for inactivity at this weight class. No changes.

LIGHT-FLYWEIGHT:

Number one Donnie Nietes (36-1-4, 21 KOs) won a clear-cut twelve round unanimous decision over number six Francisco Rodriguez Jr (17-3-1, 11 KOs). No changes.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Hank Lundy, I wanted him to do well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey quick question is this a site by chance or is this just a list that you do for the board. I was just wondering maybe it is on the first page or something and i missed it. Anyhow is it just you that makes the rating or is it a group of people taking votes on it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Hey quick question is this a site by chance or is this just a list that you do for the board. I was just wondering maybe it is on the first page or something and i missed it. Anyhow is it just you that makes the rating or is it a group of people taking votes on it.
    This is a blog I do. You can visit it here https://boxranks.wordpress.com/ if you like. I post the weekly updates in this thread. I started this thread in the Off Topic section but @Fenster moved it here recently.

I am the only one maintaining the rankings but enjoy discussing placements and my reasons for rating fighters where I do.

Please feel free to give constructive criticism, feedback or suggestions. I take everything onboard, the good and the bad and try to implement great ideas where I feel they will best benefit the rankings.

Thread Information