Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I'm slowing down, HELP!!

Hey guys,

I used to run, at least, a 10:30 on the road and a 10 on the tread, EASILY... But now I can barely do a 10 on the tread and sometimes I'm doing a 12 plus on the road and have been taking the same supplements and vitamins. I still feel my legs are moving as fast as they were always moving, but my times have worsened over the past several months.

Any help with this?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'm slowing down, HELP!!

You may need to rest and maybe a bit jaded of the monotony of running. Change the routine and do some stretching.

You could try different music.

Train in something else like weights, shorter sprints, another sport.

It could be age, we all get slower.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have to run faster. If you stick at one pace it can become difficult to break the cycle. Muscle memory will tell us that this is the pace that is comfortable so we should stay there.

Run shorter but faster. You have to run faster than your target pace so that you can 'drop back' to your target pace and feel comfortable.

The best analogy for this is learning to drive. You start at 30mph. That is your max and it feels fast. At some point you will go up to 70mph which will also feel fast. But then, you drop back down to 30mph and everything feels a bit slow and you could probably cope just fine with 50/60mph.

I found myself stuck at about 6:30 minutes per kilometer on my easy runs. Around about 10:30 minute miles. Which is fine, but I wanted to increase my base speed. Sprints and hill reps are what helped that. Going faster than intended to fall back to a more comfortable pace. If I go and do a long run now to feel, it'll be around 5:45 minutes per kilometer.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Make sure that you have a gyroscope and learn physics …. Then simply make sure that you are running in the same direction as the rotation of the Earth.

Hey Presto, it’s just like jogging on a travelator, and your speed will increase hugely.

Glad to help ������������
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    You have to run faster. If you stick at one pace it can become difficult to break the cycle. Muscle memory will tell us that this is the pace that is comfortable so we should stay there.

Run shorter but faster. You have to run faster than your target pace so that you can 'drop back' to your target pace and feel comfortable.

The best analogy for this is learning to drive. You start at 30mph. That is your max and it feels fast. At some point you will go up to 70mph which will also feel fast. But then, you drop back down to 30mph and everything feels a bit slow and you could probably cope just fine with 50/60mph.

I found myself stuck at about 6:30 minutes per kilometer on my easy runs. Around about 10:30 minute miles. Which is fine, but I wanted to increase my base speed. Sprints and hill reps are what helped that. Going faster than intended to fall back to a more comfortable pace. If I go and do a long run now to feel, it'll be around 5:45 minutes per kilometer.
    This seems sensible. Instead of doing my 7 mile Monday, I will cut it down to 4 and run it harder. Try to do a 10:30...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information