Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan is an overrated, overhyped chump

Mars Khan is doin fine the last few fights comes from early stoppage and Peterson who gives Khan a decent 12 round fight. Khan really improve especially his chin was questionable till he face like top rated Peterson. Eitherway Khan would win in slim margin if not with point deduction. Khan should work his constant unnecessary movement too much energy his been wasted. Overall his doin good a and decent fight for him.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by UKPH View Post
    Mars Khan is doin fine the last few fights comes from early stoppage and Peterson who gives Khan a decent 12 round fight. Khan really improve especially his chin was questionable till he face like top rated Peterson. Eitherway Khan would win in slim margin if not with point deduction. Khan should work his constant unnecessary movement too much energy his been wasted. Overall his doin good a and decent fight for him.
    Like I've said on this thread UKPH, Khan is a good but not great fighter. He should have a bit more success in the coming years, but he's never going to be one of the best.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Like I've said on this thread UKPH, Khan is a good but not great fighter. He should have a bit more success in the coming years, but he's never going to be one of the best.

I agree with this part. I think if the Peterson fight was in the UK, Khan would've won, but it wasn't it was in the US and it goes goes ways. He should not have let it be so close that points deductions decided the fight. I guess if you were being really kind to Khan, you could say Peterson benefited from a 3 point swing, with the not counted KD.

Peterson showed great heart and he has won a new fan in me - great story, great guy!!

I think Khan will win a rematch and I still think he has a very good chance against Bradley. It's clear that it's heart that you need to beat Khan, so Bradley will need that!

As for a PBF fight, I think Khan would be completely dominated!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

I agree with this part. I think if the Peterson fight was in the UK, Khan would've won, but it wasn't it was in the US and it goes goes ways. He should not have let it be so close that points deductions decided the fight. I guess if you were being really kind to Khan, you could say Peterson benefited from a 3 point swing, with the not counted KD.

Peterson showed great heart and he has won a new fan in me - great story, great guy!!

I think Khan will win a rematch and I still think he has a very good chance against Bradley. It's clear that it's heart that you need to beat Khan, so Bradley will need that!

As for a PBF fight, I think Khan would be completely dominated!
    I agree with with what you have said here too. Take the point deductions away and Amir won scraped a fight victory so I don't think many will regard this a loss for him, certainly the likes of HBO, Dan Rafael and Boxingtalk don't. Neither does Floyd significantly who tweeted the referee ruined the fight.

I still believe Amir can come back, unify the 140lb division and beat Tim Bradley, and I think him and Marquez is a 50/50 fight.

He doesn't look to have a realistic shot at beating Floyd but I've never heard anyone claim that he did. Floyd is in a league of his own from 147 down.

But Amir is one of the most exciting fighters around, never in a dull fight and I imagine HBO are probably more keen on him than ever ever this weekend. He practically guarantees a fun fight and there is no doubt Floyd Mayweather would love to fight him. His eyes must just see dollar signs whenever he looks at him and if Floyd still has two more fights in him I reckon one of them will be against Khan.

Khan will need to impress in his next fight, if he wins that he will probably still get his megafight imo. And get beat up badly of course.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    You should know there's more variables than that.

Ring size played a massive part in what happened last night, as did some questionable refereeing. In a bigger ring, with a better referee, Khan probably would have won as comfortably as expected. I also think home advantage helped Peterson an awful lot, especially when something happened which might swing momentum his way.

That aside, Peterson looked good last night.

I will say that threads like this where you call a guy a chump, when he's just played his part in a potential FOTY (as he did last year) just show you up to be a bit of a tub-thumping idiot. No offence.
    You can call me an idiot or whatever you want ono, just be sure to call me when you've got some beer.
    Granted, Khan may not be a chump just yet, but he's rapidly heading in that direction.
    How?
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, Khan is not all that overrated, certainly not on my part. I actually think he is a decent boxer when it comes to what he does well, but he is hideously flawed in the areas in which he doesn't do well. His handspeed and output is commendable, but his inside game and getting away technique leaves a lot to be desired. He is also incredibly stupid and doesn't listen to his corner. It's like Zelenoff with skills at times.

He is a belt level fighter, but he will never build up a number of defences nor be considered truly elite. There are too many belts these days, so it isn't as though he would go down as anything special.

Still, he is young. But Roach really hasn't brought all that much to his game.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

They're so naive (basically you're utter divs) they don't even realise being in EXCITING fights makes you more marketable.

Deary deary me...

Not too naive to believe that if Khan loses another fight his "marketability" won't go straight into the toilet.
    Well it depends how he loses.

If he loses his next fight and has HBO thanking him for being involved in yet ANOTHER great fight and has the worlds boxing media all printing he's been in yet ANOTHER FOTY candidate, his marketability will be just fine
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a cracking fight and especially for the first half. The second half got bogged down in Khan spoiling and seemingly having no idea how to coordinate what it was he should be doing. He has great handspeed, but absolutely no IQ.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They're so naive (basically you're utter divs) they don't even realise being in EXCITING fights makes you more marketable.

Deary deary me...

Not too naive to believe that if Khan loses another fight his "marketability" won't go straight into the toilet.

If he loses his next fight and has HBO thanking him for being involved in yet ANOTHER great fight and has the worlds boxing media all printing he's been in yet ANOTHER FOTY candidate, his marketability will be just fine
    Fenster you are making the same mistake I did with Mars. You are attempting to reason with him based on logic and intelligence, two qualities he neither understands or possesses.

If you want his attention throw him a peanut or wave some string at him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Deary deary me...

Fenster you are making the same mistake I did with Mars. You are attempting to reason with him based on logic and intelligence, two qualities he neither understands or possesses.

Oh ohh

you're going on his ignore list.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Deary deary me...

Oh no he di'innnt
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dogged Khan after he lost to Prescott as being a hype job who was afraid of fighting punchers, but then he took on Maidana and showed a lot of guts in a fight that was a foty contender. Now he is in another great fight for the second year in a row. It's not a coincidence and it's praiseworthy. I'll tune in to see him fight whenever he fights. I'm not sure where he goes.

Even in losing, a Bradley fight hasn't lost any luster. It's still THE fight to make at 140, but maybe Khan needs to win back his belts to even the playing field in negotiations. In addition, maybe Bradley is too tough a test for Khan after he had so much trouble with Peterson who Bradley decisively beat. I would favor Khan in a rematch with Peterson, but wI'm not sure it makes the most sense for Peterson to face Khan again unless the money is great. Maybe Khan should face McCloskey in Britain or finally avenge his defeat against Prescott. Prescott is in fact coming off a tough knockout loss to Alvarado so it may be the right time to take him on. He'll have to offer a lot of money to Peterson to entice him into a rematch.

As for Peterson, this win opens a lot of doors. Realitically, it catapaults his career. Certainly, he has even more leverage with Khan in a rematch on British soil. It could be a big money pay day and perhaps not worth passing up. At the same time, there was no rematch clause in the contract. This was a tough close fight and losing to Khan could set Peterson back more than a win would help him. Is the pay day worth the risk? Maybe he should continue to build his fan base in DC and defend his belts. He could also stage a unification fight with Bradley although that makes less sense because Bradley beat him so thoroughly the last time out. A fight with Matthysse could be a great fight. It's a risk but it's winnable for the Peterson that showed up against Khan. Bottom line is that he has a lot options.

Does everyone agree Bradley is the top dog now at 140?
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 12-12-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ring size played a massive part in what happened last night, as did some questionable refereeing. In a bigger ring, with a better referee, Khan probably would have won as comfortably as expected. I also think home advantage helped Peterson an awful lot, especially when something happened which might swing momentum his way.

I will say that threads like this where you call a guy a chump, when he's just played his part in a potential FOTY (as he did last year) just show you up to be a bit of a tub-thumping idiot. No offence.
    You can call me an idiot or whatever you want ono, just be sure to call me when you've got some beer.
    Granted, Khan may not be a chump just yet, but he's rapidly heading in that direction.
    How?
    Whether you agree with the decision or not, and inept ref aside, Khan lost the fight Saturday. Contrary to what some of you might believe this loss doesn't help his credibility or market value, there's also a good chance that Peterson would win a rematch.

I believe Khan loses to Bradley, Rios, and maybe even Alexander, want me to go on Ono?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I dogged Khan after he lost to Prescott as being a hype job who was afraid of fighting punchers, but then he took on Maidana and showed a lot of guts in a fight that was a foty contender. Now he is in another great fight for the second year in a row. It's not a coincidence and it's praiseworthy. I'll tune in to see him fight whenever he fights. I'm not sure where he goes.

Even in losing, a Bradley fight hasn't lost any luster. It's still THE fight to make at 140, but maybe Khan needs to win back his belts to even the playing field in negotiations. In addition, maybe Bradley is too tough a test for Khan after he had so much trouble with Peterson who Bradley decisively beat. I would favor Khan in a rematch with Peterson, but wI'm not sure it makes the most sense for Peterson to face Khan again unless the money is great. Maybe Khan should face McCloskey in Britain or finally avenge his defeat against Prescott. Prescott is in fact coming off a tough knockout loss to Alvarado so it may be the right time to take him on. He'll have to offer a lot of money to Peterson to entice him into a rematch.

As for Peterson, this win opens a lot of doors. Realitically, it catapaults his career. Certainly, he has even more leverage with Khan in a rematch on British soil. It could be a big money pay day and perhaps not worth passing up. At the same time, there was no rematch clause in the contract. This was a tough close fight and losing to Khan could set Peterson back more than a win would help him. Is the pay day worth the risk? Maybe he should continue to build his fan base in DC and defend his belts. He could also stage a unification fight with Bradley although that makes less sense because Bradley beat him so thoroughly the last time out. A fight with Matthysse could be a great fight. It's a risk but it's winnable for the Peterson that showed up against Khan. Bottom line is that he has a lot options.

Does everyone agree Bradley is the top dog now at 140?
    Absolutely, I thought that even before Khan's fight with Peterson.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How?
    Whether you agree with the decision or not, and inept ref aside, Khan lost the fight Saturday. Contrary to what some of you might believe this loss doesn't help his credibility or market value, there's also a good chance that Peterson would win a rematch.

I believe Khan loses to Bradley, Rios, and maybe even Alexander, want me to go on Ono?
    I guess Marquez' career is well and truly done now he lost to Manny Pacquiao for a second time. Risable showing, no positives to take from that, not sure where Marquez goes now.

Maybe he could fight Khan seeing as neither are worth anything to anybody else now?

Thread Information