Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dream Fights

here are a few, give me your opinions on how you think these fights would go down

Miguel Cotto Vs Tito Trinidad (at 147)
    - the closest fight on here IMO, it would be Cotto's superior movement and boxing ability Vs Trinidad's power, stamina, and increasing pressure down the stretch, if Cotto could jab and move and neutralize Trinidad's offense while working the body, then he could get a UD, if not than Trinidad by late TKO

JC Chavez Vs Shane Mosley (at 135)
    - Mosley's chin, speed, and power at 135 IMO would have made the difference, would have been a war but IMO Shane would take it by decision

Bernard Hopkins Vs Sergio Martinez (at 160) - B-Hop would just outbox and counter Martinez also winning by decision

Nonito Donaire Vs Wilfredo Gomez (at 122)
    - Bazooka IMO is one of the biggest punchers in the history of the sport as well as one of the greatest (if not the greatest) jr featherweights/super bantamweights of all time, IMO he would have pounded out Donaire in 7
    Last edited by ElTerribleMorales; 02-09-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dream Fights

I'd love to see Margarito fight Tito. That fight would be bloody.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    here are a few, give me your opinions on how you think these fights would go down

Miguel Cotto Vs Tito Trinidad (at 147) - the closest fight on here IMO, it would be Cotto's superior movement and boxing ability Vs Trinidad's power, stamina, and increasing pressure down the stretch, if Cotto could jab and move and neutralize Trinidad's offense while working the body, then he could get a UD, if not than Trinidad by late TKO

JC Chavez Vs Shane Mosley (at 135) - Mosley's chin, speed, and power at 135 IMO would have made the difference, would have been a war but IMO Shane would take it by decision

Bernard Hopkins Vs Sergio Martinez (at 160) - B-Hop would just outbox and counter Martinez also winning by decision

Nonito Donaire Vs Wilfredo Gomez (at 122) - Bazooka IMO is one of the biggest punchers in the history of the sport as well as one of the greatest (if not the greatest) jr featherweights/super bantamweights of all time, IMO he would have pounded out Donaire in 7
    I like Cotto but in my opinion Tito would have torn him a new A , koed him inside 4 rounds with multiple knockdowns.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vargas vs Mayorga when both in their primes. I think it would have been a good war with Vargas winning winning around the 9th. At his best he would have had too much for Mayorga and I feel he was the better all round fighter.

Multiple knock downs and plenty of toe to toe action.

When they did fight for real, Vargas was not in great shape and already had 1 eye on retirement. It's a shame this fight didn't happen sooner.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty much agree with all of your outcomes..I fancy Cotto to take Trinidad if he can avoid the monster left hook. It would be the same gameplan when he fought Mosley.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

Miguel Cotto Vs Tito Trinidad (at 147) - the closest fight on here IMO, it would be Cotto's superior movement and boxing ability Vs Trinidad's power, stamina, and increasing pressure down the stretch, if Cotto could jab and move and neutralize Trinidad's offense while working the body, then he could get a UD, if not than Trinidad by late TKO

JC Chavez Vs Shane Mosley (at 135) - Mosley's chin, speed, and power at 135 IMO would have made the difference, would have been a war but IMO Shane would take it by decision

Nonito Donaire Vs Wilfredo Gomez (at 122) - Bazooka IMO is one of the biggest punchers in the history of the sport as well as one of the greatest (if not the greatest) jr featherweights/super bantamweights of all time, IMO he would have pounded out Donaire in 7
    I like Cotto but in my opinion Tito would have torn him a new A , koed him inside 4 rounds with multiple knockdowns.
    that all depends, if Cotto was to use his movement and jab as he did against Margarito he would have Trinidad turning and basically giving up his footing and his power in doing so, it would have been a lot more competitive and technical than most think, obviously if Trinidad would have been able to corner and bang well he would definitely hurt Cotto, but the question is would he?
    Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    Vargas vs Mayorga when both in their primes. I think it would have been a good war with Vargas winning winning around the 9th. At his best he would have had too much for Mayorga and I feel he was the better all round fighter.

Multiple knock downs and plenty of toe to toe action.

When they did fight for real, Vargas was not in great shape and already had 1 eye on retirement. It's a shame this fight didn't happen sooner.
    agree, add in he had an already permanent back injury, but in Mayorga's defense the fight happened when he also was past his best and at a weight where he wasn't very effective at (16, but IMO a young Vargas would probably ended up wearing him down

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Pretty much agree with all of your outcomes..I fancy Cotto to take Trinidad if he can avoid the monster left hook. It would be the same gameplan when he fought Mosley.
    i saw it as a mixture of Mosley and Margarito II, but if Trinidad was able to wear down Cotto to the point Mosley did in the final round, he probably would have gotten him out of there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Elterrible, I forgot about the back injury for Vargas so he was probably lucky to be in the ring at all. And yeah Mayorgas best days were behind him definitely. Just so happened to do enough on the night.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

- the closest fight on here IMO, it would be Cotto's superior movement and boxing ability Vs Trinidad's power, stamina, and increasing pressure down the stretch, if Cotto could jab and move and neutralize Trinidad's offense while working the body, then he could get a UD, if not than Trinidad by late TKO

- Mosley's chin, speed, and power at 135 IMO would have made the difference, would have been a war but IMO Shane would take it by decision

- Bazooka IMO is one of the biggest punchers in the history of the sport as well as one of the greatest (if not the greatest) jr featherweights/super bantamweights of all time, IMO he would have pounded out Donaire in 7
    Trinidad may start of slow and maybe even hit the canvas but he get up, dust himself off and he will find Cotto in the mid to late rounds and stop Cotto.

This is hard JCC would hurt Shane and get his respect but think JCC may win a close points victory.

B Hop easy decision , maybe even putting Sergio down in the fight.

Cannot comment on the last fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Trinidad may start of slow and maybe even hit the canvas but he get up, dust himself off and he will find Cotto in the mid to late rounds and stop Cotto.

This is hard JCC would hurt Shane and get his respect but think JCC may win a close points victory.

B Hop easy decision , maybe even putting Sergio down in the fight.

Cannot comment on the last fight.
    B-hop against sergio I see the same way. All the skills/attributes are in Hopkins favour, Martinez is powerful but he has no hope against Hopkins,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacqiuao vs Donaire at 122

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If i had 1 , just 1...then i would have Joe Frazier vs Evander Holyfield...2 of my fav all time fighters

Hell i might even make it like the old fights at the start of last century..25 rounds etc lol

toe to toe , warrior vs warrior
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Pacqiuao vs Donaire at 122
    Pacquiao's speed and power would probably overwhelm Donaire, even though he was limited as fuck at that weight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frazier vs Marciano

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jung Koo Chang aka Da Korean Hawk VS FINITO

Leonard VS Curry

Jung Joo Chang vs Yuh Myung Woo

Marquez VS Salvador Sanchez..... Marquez UD

Duran VS Chavez

Pryor VS Chavez

Chico Corrales VS Gatti

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson v Foreman
    Hearns v Floyd
    JCC v Duran
    Louis v Marciano
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information