Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Post May weather v Berto shaping up to be box office dud

According to ESPN they have already reduced ticket prices and still aren't able to sell out. Hope people are smart and the PPV bombs as well. This isn't anything against Floyd personally, he's a great fighter. Trying to sell a fight vs Berto for $75 (not Floyd's call, honestly) is a straight up robbery/fleecing/scam.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd hater.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: May weather v Berto shaping up to be box office dud

The MGM Grand and its sister properties have more packages than FedEx in hopes of luring fans to this event. As for tickets? Well, if you go onto any of the ticket sites, you’ll see there are thousands to be had – in fact, whole sections. One ticket broker tells me he has very few inquiries about Mayweather-Berto.

Prices have been slashed for various sections in the past week or two in hopes of getting some tickets out of the box-office. Yeah, “TMT” stands for “Too Many Tickets,” in this instance.

The question is: Why is there such disinterest in this event?

It could be that the dance partner, Berto, regarded as a rather pedestrian foe, who is 3-3 in his last six bouts and listed as a 100-1 ‘dog by the wise guys.

Perhaps a backlash to the non-fight that was featured on May 2. Mayweather-Pacquiao was great for the participants and their bank accounts and nobody else. They were co-conspirators in a half-billion-dollar pugilistic Ponzi scheme, which left millions of fans (both hardcore and casuals) aggrieved and disgruntled.

They have tried their best to sell the retirement story line coming into Sept. 12; the only problem is that almost no one is buying it.

Those who attended the media day for Mayweather for this fight say it’s the most sparsely attended since his star-making fight against Oscar De La Hoya in 2007.

They are billing this as Mayweather’s retirement, his final foray in the ring. Your absolute last chance to see the TBE!

Judging by the reaction of the fans, it seems like they hope that’s the case.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. faces the backlash - Undisputed Champion Network
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...and yet it was Pacquioa who let everyone down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So many people are turned off from the May/Pac bout. Add the fact that Floyd is getting guaranteed money regardless of the outcome of sales.

They outta conjure up some fake ruckus between the two camps to spice things up.....as they did during the Mosley/Mayorga press conference a couple weeks ago.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's called going to the well one to many times and playing the fans for fools. Floyd needs to go the Mosley school of promotion and lay stacks of tickets on park benches. Maybe with one of those over sized TMT hats and a bologna sammich. I hope it flops on its face like a narcoleptic sow in a trough and takes the dinosaur of ppv with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im a bit surprised it's selling so bad I believe Floyd picked berto to try and go out on a ko so even if he doesnt get it, I expect the fight to be very fan friendly. I would love to see Floyd fight live if I lived in America I would be going.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I lived in Vegas and I got tickets for free or very cheap I would definitely go but as I said before, this should have been on national TV. It would have had a huge audience.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    It's called going to the well one to many times and playing the fans for fools. Floyd needs to go the Mosley school of promotion and lay stacks of tickets on park benches. Maybe with one of those over sized TMT hats and a bologna sammich. I hope it flops on its face like a narcoleptic sow in a trough and takes the dinosaur of ppv with it.

That dinosaur business model did a several hundred million dollar event earlier this year. We're going to be shelling out for fights for the forseeable future including Floyd's fiftieth sometime next year.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Im a bit surprised it's selling so bad I believe Floyd picked berto to try and go out on a ko so even if he doesnt get it, I expect the fight to be very fan friendly. I would love to see Floyd fight live if I lived in America I would be going.
    Well, it's too late for me, I'm in on the fight. Got a friend coming over. But I do think you are right, I am expecting, perhaps wrongly, for Floyd to fight much more offensively than what we've seen as late. Either way I'm committed and I'm getting it, damn me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Well, it's too late for me, I'm in on the fight. Got a friend coming over. But I do think you are right, I am expecting, perhaps wrongly, for Floyd to fight much more offensively than what we've seen as late. Either way I'm committed and I'm getting it, damn me.
    He'll fight proactively IF he can get away with it. If he ends up eating more punches than he expected, he'll revert back to his normal Olympic, points accumulation style.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    According to ESPN they have already reduced ticket prices and still aren't able to sell out. Hope people are smart and the PPV bombs as well. This isn't anything against Floyd personally, he's a great fighter. Trying to sell a fight vs Berto for $75 (not Floyd's call, honestly) is a straight up robbery/fleecing/scam.
    $75? Just sad.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Floyd hater.
    I call it a realist.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

That dinosaur business model did a several hundred million dollar event earlier this year. We're going to be shelling out for fights for the forseeable future including Floyd's fiftieth sometime next year.
    Not a snowballs chance in hell my friend, not this guy. More often a strong undercard is the tipping point for me, much of that died on the old SET King cards. Ishe Smith should send five dollars to anyone who has to pay to watch him fight on this card .

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andre Berto is a poor choice for a PPV event.

Thread Information