Thread: David Haye discusses next move with Vitali Klitschko over breakfast

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye discusses next move with Vitali Klitschko over breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Weird these two having breakfast together....i smell a Haye masterplan attempt where me might just leapfrog (blag) the entire division and get a fight with Wlad or even drag Vitali out of retirement.

Money talks and Haye is still the biggest draw in the division whether you like it or not and would easily bring the most money to either brother.

Wonder what the topic for discussion was..................

This will not be a popular opinion. But I think it was the truth.

Toward the end there, I think David Haye was the 2nd best HW in the world. I think he would have beaten Vitali, who slowed down quite a bit at his 40's.

If Haye can return to the same form he displayed in camp last year and last fights then he'd still have him beat.

I think Haye vs Wladimir would still be the most competitive fight possible given that Haye can avoid injury.

They SAY that the first fight was a stinker and it's true that Haye did not take enough chances. But then again I ALSO don't call it dominance from Wladimir when he was missing the target!

I can't blame Haye for being tentative with Wladimir, there's no use rocking up there to be layed out on the canvas. But I think he COULD do much better and win far more rounds than he was given credit in the first encounter.

I would definitely want watch Haye/Klitschko 2. The fight wasn't that boring anyway. In fact it had some of the fastest reflexes ever seen in a HW fight of all time and is a testament to technical superiority of both fighters.

It will just never be as action packed as say, Riddick Bowe vs Evander Holyfield or a Mike Tyson KO compilation.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Joint promotion of some sort, maybe.

Haye v Briggs?

Briggs is old enough to be a Haye opponent.
    It's acceptable to call hate many things but you can't tarnish him with the same brush as a klit
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

Haye v Briggs?

It's acceptable to call hate many things but you can't tarnish him with the same brush as a klit
    Considering Haye or Klit vs Briggs is nothing but Yankee slander.

There's no decent opponent today that Briggs could beat.

If there was, Briggs would have fought them and earned his shot.

It takes more than steroids for breakfast to win the HW title!

Briggs could never have beaten Haye or Wladimir at ANY stage of his career, they would have ALWAYS clowned him.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whether you like haye or not he is still one of the best three heavyweights in the world today.

Now get back in the ring and start making history..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Klitchkos should have nothing to do with Haye after how he slandered them.

Their choice. Would be a fun watch, Haye is dangerous to anyone though, its not a smart move for your legacy. Even though the klitchos are better than Hyae and most likely to win I don't like the risk Haye poses with his skill and punching power he might scab a lucky win and make the klitchkos look bad.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Whether you like haye or not he is still one of the best three heavyweights in the world today.

You lot will never learn...

How many fights has he had scheduled over the last 2.5 years and how many has he won?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OMGWTF View Post
    The Klitchkos should have nothing to do with Haye after how he slandered them.

Their choice. Would be a fun watch, Haye is dangerous to anyone though, its not a smart move for your legacy. Even though the klitchos are better than Hyae and most likely to win I don't like the risk Haye poses with his skill and punching power he might scab a lucky win and make the klitchkos look bad.
    What an idiotic statement!

Fighting a dangerous+skilled opponent is BAD for your legacy now?

@Master and the rest of the nostalgic community will jump all over this sort of comment!

Wladimir CAN and SHOULD fight the best available opposition. If he's really that good, he will win.

I'm understanding of modern HW's not taking unnecessary risks DURING risky fights.

But I DO believe they have to TAKE the risky fights! Otherwise there is no claim to greatness at all if you merely cherry pick easy opponents!

Brains of a chicken mate!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How many fights has he had scheduled over the last 2.5 years and how many has he won?

Don't be stupid, he smashed up the HW division when he arrived and only lost to bloody Klitschko by UD.

The only reason we even still consider Fury a viable threat today is because of the GIFT withdrawal from Haye. Fury has Haye to thank for his continued marketability.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't be stupid, he smashed up the HW division when he arrived and only lost to bloody Klitschko by UD.

The only reason we even still consider Fury a viable threat today is because of the GIFT withdrawal from Haye. Fury has Haye to thank for his continued marketability.
    Smashed up the division!!

Who has he beaten at heavy?

The only decent fighter he had beaten at heavy was Chisora. Thats it. The same fighter Fury has been criticised for rematching. Oh! Why did he have to resort to rematching Chisora? Who pulled out twice against Fury?

Haye had loads of top matches he could have fought at heavy like Adamek, Arreola, Chambers, Povetkin, Chagaev, Peter etc, etc.

Hes not even been THE heavyweight champion, something you would think you should do if you want to "smash" the division. The closest chance he had he lost every roumd and was warned for crawling on the floor

Also, Haye is lucky he didn't go through with the Tyson fight as he would be proper retired instead of ambiguously talking about retirement and being quiet until the dust had settled.
    Last edited by ross; 12-12-2014 at 03:59 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ignore him @ross he thinks Haye still has a career and is relevant now when he is clearly not.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye v Briggs?

Briggs is 43, how many people that Haye has fought were in their 40s when he fought them? I can't think of anybody? I don't even think Ruiz was 40 when they fought?

Enlighten me.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to agree with this

Haye would have beaten fury, fury is still considered a viable option for the klit because hate pulled out

It couldn't have ended any better for fury
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact is, Hayes whole heavyweight career is just a mirage.

Holyfield looked more convincing against Valuev than Haye did. Catching him with one shot in the last round does not win a fight.

Chisora had 3 losses and his first was to Tyson the credit he gets here is because Chisora was the only fighter he fought that was younger than him (at heavy). Like I said and like everyone knows there were plenty of other fights out there to be made rather than ripping everyone off against Harrison, Ruiz and Barrett (who dropped Haye).

His fight against Wlad was over 3 years ago! He wont have improved. He looked like shit before Chisora gave him his chin on a plate. Contrast that to the man who beat him easily looking his sharpest in his last fight against supposedly the next best in the division. The kind of fighter Haye would have avoided.

I remember a few gullible people jumping on Hayes retirement bandwagon and me saying those same people will all be mugs and get taken in by him again and totally ignore the way he avoided and still does a Fury fight. Hes been asked a few times and gives no credible reply, saying crap like he doesnt deserve a pay day (why sign in the first place?) and not until he beats Wlad. When Fury beats Wlad Haye will sulk like fuck because Fury would have blown Hayes career out of the water

The fact is that Haye could not chance and then live with a loss to Fury as it makes his career look shit because the general consensus which is false is that Fury is crap. He saw what I see. That Tyson is huge, can move, has excellent stamina and can punch and is going to be a difficult animal to beat. It was a gamble that he was going to catch him before he started tiring or got caught himself. It was and still is, too much of a risk to his legacy.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post

Haye v Briggs?

Briggs is 43, how many people that Haye has fought were in their 40s when he fought them? I can't think of anybody? I don't even think Ruiz was 40 when they fought?

Enlighten me.
    A couple in his early Cruiser days but I don't think anyone at Heavy.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody in their forties then @ross? Didn't think so.

With every point you make, you're essentially calling Fury shite:

You say Haye only fights older heavyweights - Fury's best win is against an older man and cruiserweight at that.

You say Haye was knocked down by Monte Barrett - He slipped on an advertisement card, but that's besides the point... An older cruiserweight floored fury.

You diminish Haye knocking out Chisora in 5 rounds - it took Fury twice as long as a cruiserweight to finish off his own left overs in luke warm fashion, despite enjoying a considerable height and reach advantage.

You criticise Haye for not fighting people younger than him - Haye has given up weight/height/reach in several bouts... Pretty much everything but age...
    name a young, even average fighter that Fury has fought were he hasn't enjoyed a considerable height and reach advantage? When is he going to step up and fight somebody closer in size like Wach? We've yet to see him use his boxing ability when his size advantage has been removed or even diminished.

You can justifiably think little of Haye, but at least be consistent and unbiased and apply your own standards to Fury as well.

Thread Information