Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Comparing Pacquiao-Mosley to Mayweather-Mosley

Wow, after seeing both fights live, I am honestly surprised to see myself thinking Pacquiao dominated Mosley far more than Mayweather did. Honestly I thought this fight would be really fun and slightly one sided in Manny's favor. I knew that Mosley didn't have the reflexes or the truly elite speed he once possessed, but even against Floyd he was able to dodge some punches, and even hurt Floyd badly. I thought he would have mounted some sort of similar attack against Manny at some point, but where Floyd controlled Mosley, Manny simply toyed with him. I tought Manny looked quite a bit less sharp against Clottey and Margarito then we had seen from him recently, but in this fight his sharpness was on another level. He was faster than I've ever seen him, and just actually being able to watch the footwork this time was incredible. People were wondering why Mosley wasn't throwing back, but Manny was tieing his footwork in knots. He was also punching with so much speed and power it was on a level I've never seen before. Once Mosley got hit hard, and this is Mosley we are talking about, he was completely gunshy. Even guys like Cotto and Vargas hitting him consistently didn't even dent Mosley.

I know a lot of you will think I'm being too much of a fanboy or whatever, but honestly this was a special performance. I am not so sure I believe Floyd can beat him now. Definitely the versions that fought Clottey and Margarito, but when they said he wasn't at 100% they were right. Manny in this form is absolutely amazing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Comparing Pacquiao-Mosley to Mayweather-Mosley

Not shittin on you taeth, pac is the man and there's nothing wrong with supporting your boy ! But comparing floyd fighting shane vs pac beating him to me is like comparing what gamboa did to rodgers mtagwa against what juan ma did against the guy. Hbo spent all night comparing the two as some sort of measuring stick. Two different fighters, two different styles, whole different ballpark all together. And this weekend was no different. We all generally remember the last thing we saw. When floyd beat marquez the roar was oh shit marquez gave pac trouble and floyd blew him away so........same with guys like martinez, donaire, christ even some now think ortiz could beat floyd. Not saying any of those guys are good or bad just pointing out how quickly one win or loss reguardless of a career can change fans minds . I know most hate it but i still think floyd would have no problem with pac. Would he beat pac's ass ? Hell no, but he'd win an easy decision and as usual we'll move on and drum up reasons why boxer X can now beat him. But watchin shane avoid pac all night didn't really show me anything new about pac we didn't already know. If anything shane kinda screwed pacs chances to really shine this weekend.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm the biggest Mayweather fan on here. Ask anyone on the site. For me to say that Mayweather would have a lot of problems with Manny is saying something. I don't compare how guys look against similar opponents except in the things they do individual. How sharp are they, how quick they are, etc ,etc. Mayweather has always been sharper than Pacquiao, and his style necessitates that, but Pacquiao was way sharper than he has ever looked, far more responsible in every way. Mayweather is sharper, but Pacquiao is getting increasingly more sharp himself, and he is faster with way more power than Mayweather. Pacquiao showed me for the first time that he truly is a complete package. Sure he will always have more flaws than Floyd, but those flaws are getting smaller, while his physical advantages remain. And when push comes to shove judges seem to favor quantity over quality. I am not saying I can't see Floyd winning even against this version of Pacquiao, but it's just much harder than before when Manny fought Margarito or Clottey where he wasn't this good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Herez ur comparison! Boring!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pacquiao looked like garbage against shane. i couldn't believe the lack of effort and passion in both fighters. to me, it looked to me as tho both fighters made an agreement to make a little money and basically tread water for the fight never actually trying to hurt each other...

shane gets a last big payday then gets a fight against berto for whatever scraps he's now worth...
    pac gets an easy fight, another big name on his list of wins(people will eventually forget how faded shane was...) and gets crapload of money... all the while looking very beatable--possibly an attempt to lure mayweather out of his personal dream world.

i even thought the pavlic/lopez fight was better!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess we saw two completely different fights. I thought Manny aged in the ring, he is 32 with close to 60 fights total. His footwork looked sloppy to me. And at times looked amateurish when he couldn't cut off the ring against an aging and back pedaling Mosley. Then for many rounds I saw the old jab, jab, then straight left, meaning the old unrefined Manny. Manny won no doubt, but didn't look great.

And I thought Mayweather's performance was much better even when he was on queer street from the right.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only thing I saw that was improved as far as boxing skill goes is Pacquiao's Jab. He used it to setup the straight left. Normally that jab is a pawing range finder.

Thread Information