Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Schaefer: Canelo demaded Lara, it would be PPV

wow, absolutely wow .. my respect for Canelo just went through the roof. Say what you want about Canelo but this dude has balls and ducks no one.. he didnt have to do this and nobody thought he would anyways but dude wants to be great..

Can u imagine this cherrypickin nigga floyd fighting Lara? Of course not.. not in a million fuckin years..

Canelo vs Lara

Floyd vs Bumdana

Schaefer: Canelo Demanded Lara, It Would Be PPV - Boxing News

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will be a great fight if it happens. If Angulo had not given Lara so much trouble in their fight I would he saying Canelo is making a mistake.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Schaefer: Canelo demaded Lara, it would be PPV

Lara is good and he's a tough nut to crack.

However, I think he's being overrated a bit by some boxing fans.

He had some problems with Vanes Martiyosan, who is not all that great, just real tough and aggressive.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    wow, absolutely wow .. my respect for Canelo just went through the roof. Say what you want about Canelo but this dude has balls and ducks no one.. he didnt have to do this and nobody thought he would anyways but dude wants to be great..

Can u imagine this cherrypickin nigga floyd fighting Lara? Of course not.. not in a million fuckin years..

Canelo vs Lara

Floyd vs Bumdana

Canelo does want to be great and he doesn't care who he has to go up against to get there. That's rare nowadays

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seeing is believing. It's a little convenient as Lara is tied into a meaningless in house promoted fight and camp with the pool cleaner isn't it If they are serious about it..scrap that fight. Alvarez has no bigger balls than a Lara should they both work out the red tape.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol

This guy is such a panty waist and the trouble is all his cult members will buy this lock stock and barrel. Twice he has had the opportunity and twice it has been refused by his camp. Now that Lara is fighting Ishe Smith on the Floyd undercard calco pyrite calls him out. Same with his childish catch in his last fight. He cant take defeat because he's a pampered brat who got absolutely de-hyped by Floyd so he panders to the lame he was weakened by 2 pounds claim after weighing in essentially the same in all his previous fights. Never mind the fact that he has still only fought one legit top 154 fighter in 45 fights. And people call Broner a hose job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    lol

This guy is such a panty waist and the trouble is all his cult members will buy this lock stock and barrel. Twice he has had the opportunity and twice it has been refused by his camp. Now that Lara is fighting Ishe Smith on the Floyd undercard calco pyrite calls him out. Same with his childish catch in his last fight. He cant take defeat because he's a pampered brat who got absolutely de-hyped by Floyd so he panders to the lame he was weakened by 2 pounds claim after weighing in essentially the same in all his previous fights. Never mind the fact that he has still only fought one legit top 154 fighter in 45 fights. And people call Broner a hose job.
    Broner said he would never fight Floyd so that right there is a major difference between the two.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not shocked about Canelo wanting Lara for a couple of reasons. First, Lara is not this plague that somehow all of a sudden people are making him out to be. What the heck are people seeing that is so special or scary about Lara He is good but he is just another good fighter in the bunch. He basically looked about the same level as each fighter in these fights Williams/Molina/Martirosyan/Angulo. The only thing Lara does is not get blown out/make his opponent look good. He is not special and he is not on his fellow countryman's level either, Rigo. And secondly, people forget that Canelo vetoed his team's advice and he took the Trout fight. And lets not forget Canelo was set to fight Cotto, Ortiz, and Williams but Cotto and Ortiz lost their fights and Williams got in that accident. And also he tried twice to get Kirkland in the ring and Kirkland turned down both offers. People can rate Canelo how they want but he is not worried about getting in there.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol

@IamInuit - Lara-Smith is the night before the Floyd fight at the Hard Rock if memory serves, not on the undercard so my guess is that if the money is right for Canelo, Lara will pull out of the Smith fight and call his bluff.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyV297 View Post
    lol

Broner said he would never fight Floyd so that right there is a major difference between the two.

Floyd would never fight Broner so I'm not sure what that means? I doubt he'd ever fight his other buddy either in Devon Alexander. There is a waiting list for Floyd. Andre Ward was willing to make 160 for a scrap. The proverbial pot at the end of the rainbow.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    lol

@IamInuit - Lara-Smith is the night before the Floyd fight at the Hard Rock if memory serves, not on the undercard so my guess is that if the money is right for Canelo, Lara will pull out of the Smith fight and call his bluff.

Thanks for the correction. The fight is for a Wba title so I doubt he passes on it but I'd love it he called him on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

Canelo vs Lara

Floyd vs Bumdana

WHO DID FLOYD CHERRY PICK? Was Canelo cherry picked? Get your facts right.
    Secondly, Lara is a good counterpuncher. But he's not Floyd. Canelo beats Lara by stoppage
    #Paypal

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol

That's a little harsh but I can understand why you are seeing it that way.
    He's Mexican through and through, a boxer, with a lot of wins, like Oscar the ladies like him too, and he's not a trash talking ahole. A train load of rabid fans at all his fights should be expected.
    No matter what everyone else thought, losing to Floyd was not something Canelo was expecting, especially losing without touching him with a decent punch. I think he is pissed maybe even steaming.
    He basically beat the hell out of Angulo and probably would have kept beating the hell out of him if that fight wasn't stopped.
    I'm hoping he stays pissed, he is fighting with more determination, he's on a mission to prove he's better than the guy Floyd beat.
    There have been plenty of fighters who called other fighters out and then their managers have asked, "Are you out of your fucking mind." That's what managers are supposed to do.
    Canelo is on a mission. Watch!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    lol

Thanks for the correction. The fight is for a Wba title so I doubt he passes on it but I'd love it he called him on it.
    Its just way too disingenuous and almost comical. Lara has to feel like a puppet on 20 strings by now. I can see if he balked and then you get the alphabet boys threatening strip etc. They knew and set the Smith fight so next time get Alvarez to DEMAND a top threat before the fact. Demanded,

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol

Such misguided hate. Alvarez has a very underrated resume. You disagree? That's fine. But name me a current fighter with a better resume than his at 23 years old.

Thread Information