Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxers vs Fighters..

I don't believe there are pure boxers and pure fighters. Even guys like Ricardo Mayorga showcased some boxing skill. How do you quantify each? Most people (especially casual fans) would label Mike Tyson as a fighter, but he had incredible boxing technique ingrained in him.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Foreman could've whipped Ali in Zaire if he just used his jab and saved his power for later rounds. I never saw ropes so loose in my life and Ali was pushing down on Foreman's head and neck 100s of times = DQ
    Ali was way too good for Foreman. Even when he was was on the ropes , he was still coming off them by connecting regularly on Foreman. He didn't just play possum. He gave Foreman a lesson!
    This is what most people don't realise about good "Boxers", they are usually tough cunts as well. Nobody can avoid being punched their whole careers, it's how they react that is key.
    Floyd is the perfect example of that.
    Really tough getting bit on the thumb by Maidana and crying about it or fighting a 0 fight novice....
    And the other 48...?
    Crying like a girl after beating Gatti, having catch weights, delayed the biggest fight of his generation.... absolute tough guy.
    Dunno what you’re getting so pissy about, @imp is bang on! Look how he reacted when Mosley hit him clean.
    That’s what champions do. As for all the crap you mentioned about him, half of it was ridiculous and meaningless while the other half was blatantly untrue.
    Still it doesn’t matter because you managed to get your daily mention of Floyd in.😂👍
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Foreman could've whipped Ali in Zaire if he just used his jab and saved his power for later rounds. I never saw ropes so loose in my life and Ali was pushing down on Foreman's head and neck 100s of times = DQ
    Ali was way too good for Foreman. Even when he was was on the ropes , he was still coming off them by connecting regularly on Foreman. He didn't just play possum. He gave Foreman a lesson!
    This is what most people don't realise about good "Boxers", they are usually tough cunts as well. Nobody can avoid being punched their whole careers, it's how they react that is key.
    Floyd is the perfect example of that.
    Really tough getting bit on the thumb by Maidana and crying about it or fighting a 0 fight novice....
    And the other 48...?
    Crying like a girl after beating Gatti, having catch weights, delayed the biggest fight of his generation.... absolute tough guy.
    Dunno what you’re getting so pissy about, @imp is bang on! Look how he reacted when Mosley hit him clean.
    That’s what champions do. As for all the crap you mentioned about him, half of it was ridiculous and meaningless while the other half was blatantly untrue.
    Still it doesn’t matter because you managed to get your daily mention of Floyd in.😂👍
    Old Shane landing the right hand, imagine what Hearns would have done with the tough guy.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Hearns would have beaten Floyd, and I do rank Floyd very highly. But Hearns' reach, power, speed and boxing skill I think would be too much for Floyd. Plus Floyd didn't have the power to really hurt Hearns like Leonard did.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dannl99 View Post
    I think Hearns would have beaten Floyd, and I do rank Floyd very highly. But Hearns' reach, power, speed and boxing skill I think would be too much for Floyd. Plus Floyd didn't have the power to really hurt Hearns like Leonard did.
    I agree, styles makes fights and Hearns would've beat Floyd. But Floyd was a much smaller guy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, styles makes fights and Hearns would've beat Floyd. But Floyd was a much smaller guy.

This is true. Floyd started at 130 and I think Hearns started at 147, so I guess it really isn't a fair fight per se.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is true. Floyd started at 130 and I think Hearns started at 147, so I guess it really isn't a fair fight per se.
    Floyd would not have fought him, he would have been too busy fighting Baldimor and Judah to fit into his busy schedule.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is tiny..Hearns is huge.

In a same weight dream situation why wouldn't Floyd figure Hearns out like Leonard did and box his ears off?

(That's the pretty boy version by the way).

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd would not have fought him, he would have been too busy fighting Baldimor and Judah to fit into his busy schedule.
    Well ok, you can stay in denial, but whoever he fought he fought and guess what, he WON every single fucking time.
    So he's not the GOAT, is that a reason to constantly dig at him? Pathetic really. Accept that he was the best of his generation, respect his skill in the ring, even if you think he's a cunt out of the ring.
    Who fought and beat better than he has in the last 15 years? Yep, thought as much.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well ok, you can stay in denial, but whoever he fought he fought and guess what, he WON every single fucking time.
    So he's not the GOAT, is that a reason to constantly dig at him? Pathetic really. Accept that he was the best of his generation, respect his skill in the ring, even if you think he's a cunt out of the ring.
    Who fought and beat better than he has in the last 15 years? Yep, thought as much.
    Manny Pac has achieved better considering the weight he started. The zero means nothing if you do not challenge yourself and just stay in the comfort zone.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Pac has achieved better considering the weight he started. The zero means nothing if you do not challenge yourself and just stay in the comfort zone.
    And who beat Manny Pac? Don't chat shit mate.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop acting ignorant. Manny's record is better than Floyds and far more impressive. Manny shone brighter.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even hardcore PAC fans have accepted his place in history Master...just let it go..nothing wrong with 2nd place.

Pac is a future hall of famer..right next to Marquez.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop acting ignorant. Manny's record is better than Floyds and far more impressive. Manny shone brighter.
    Come on Master, for fucks sake.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny did better in shorter space of time. His rise was phenomenal. Even Floyd got scared.

Floyd waited until after Manny peaked to fight him.

Thread Information