39. This poll is closed
  • GGG

26 66.67%
  • Canelo

9 23.08%
  • Draw

4 10.26%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think won GGG/Canelo 2?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you think won GGG/Canelo 2?

Is there anyone on earth who's not Mexican or a white hating black bod who thought Canelo won?

Watching it again, with the element of surprise erased and full knowledge of the outcome, Canelo can scrape a draw by the skin of his teeth but he never won. Was it a well contested fight? Yes. But there was only one winner.

Respect to Canelo though - the chin/balls - he was terrific (even though Golovkin has jumped the shark).
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw it as a draw or a razor thin win by canelo. First half he did the stalking and landed good body shots. second half ggg did better.

I dont know wtf letterman was watching.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a draw is fair. I will be a fan of both fighters (GGG again, Canelo for first time) on the back of that if they now fight the best MWs. No Lemieux waste of time. Charlo, Jacobs, Derevyanchenko, Saunders. Fight these guys and I’m a fan of either.

After what they did last night I could even accept a 3rd but if and only if they then fight the top guys. If GGG fights Canelo then retires I will hate him for eternity. If Canelo goes to Lemieux he can eat a bag of di(k$

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post
    I saw it as a draw or a razor thin win by canelo. First half he did the stalking and landed good body shots. second half ggg did better.

I dont know wtf letterman was watching.
    Golovkin jab was winning and controlling the first half of the fight even if he was the one moving and not being the aggressor. That seemed to have lost him those rounds on the judges score cards.
    Last edited by Master; 09-17-2018 at 08:32 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tomcy03 View Post
    If you have a look at the cards all 3 judges agreed that Canelo was up for the first half of the fight 4-2 for Saul.

They then were split until 10 and 11 which they gave to triple G.

Again they were split on the last round.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I think a draw is fair. I will be a fan of both fighters (GGG again, Canelo for first time) on the back of that if they now fight the best MWs. No Lemieux waste of time. Charlo, Jacobs, Derevyanchenko, Saunders. Fight these guys and I’m a fan of either.

After what they did last night I could even accept a 3rd but if and only if they then fight the top guys. If GGG fights Canelo then retires I will hate him for eternity. If Canelo goes to Lemieux he can eat a bag of di(k$
    Agreed. I just highly doubt either of them will fight one of those middleweights that you mentioned. I will give Canelo much more credit if he beats other middleweights. Canelo “beat” a GGG who is a step slower than normal and styles make fights. I’m still not convinced he beats the other top middleweights but he might “beat” them.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post

I was looking for something like this all last night. Thanks for sharing.

What can I say. It was closer than the first fight, which they inexplicably called a draw, so of course they gave it to Canelo.

I've looked back at some scorecards by Dave Moretti on Canelo fights and, although not as corrupt/inept as a CJ Ross or Adelaide Byrd, with Moretti scoring you practically have to kill Canelo to get him to score the other way.

Not in the robbery category maybe, but definitely the wrong decision as evidenced by the almost unanimous consensus by the boxing experts.

Bottom line: Canelo fans thought Canelo won. Boxing fans know GGG won.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again, most people are missing the point. It’s not that Canelo couldn’t have won the fight. It was definitely in the realm of possibility to score it for him without it being a robbery. It’s that it’s no fluke that two fights in a row the judges scored much more in favor of Canelo than the fans and media did. It’s clear as day that this was already set up for Canelo to win.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Again, most people are missing the point. It’s not that Canelo couldn’t have won the fight. It was definitely in the realm of possibility to score it for him without it being a robbery. It’s that it’s no fluke that two fights in a row the judges scored much more in favor of Canelo than the fans and media did. It’s clear as day that this was already set up for Canelo to win.
    This does not bode well for anyone wishing to take on Canelo and try to win. They have to knock him out to win.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Precisely. Before the fight, I said “THE FIX IS ON!” That doesn’t mean it was a robbery. All GBP Have to do is get one judge on side to give it to Canelo and one to dither and give it a draw. This way , Canelo can never lose a decision, but more importantly, GGG Can never win one, he can only win by KO or DQ.
    If it sufficiently close , then it can be done. Canelo doesn’t have to be the better fighter on the night, just close enough.
    I have to qualify this by saying I haven’t watched a second of the fight as I am away. I’ll probably watch it later in the week in peace and quiet and then I’ll be able to say who I think won, although it doesn’t really matter.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Precisely. Before the fight, I said “THE FIX IS ON!” That doesn’t mean it was a robbery. All GBP Have to do is get one judge on side to give it to Canelo and one to dither and give it a draw. This way , Canelo can never lose a decision, but more importantly, GGG Can never win one, he can only win by KO or DQ.
    If it sufficiently close , then it can be done. Canelo doesn’t have to be the better fighter on the night, just close enough.
    I have to qualify this by saying I haven’t watched a second of the fight as I am away. I’ll probably watch it later in the week in peace and quiet and then I’ll be able to say who I think won, although it doesn’t really matter.

@Primo Carnera tell you what mate, watch the fight and enjoy it for what it is, regardless of the questionable outcome it was a fucking cracking scrap.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    @Primo Carnera tell you what mate, watch the fight and enjoy it for what it is, regardless of the questionable outcome it was a fucking cracking scrap.
    Oh I’ll be doing exactly that mate . I’m just a bit pissed off with both of these and how they’ve held the division to ransom.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Canelo he out GGG'd GGG . He came foward and it was a role reversal GGG ran. Canelo made a puncher box . GGG should have went.to the body like his stolen fake moniker Mexican Style. Abel was vague and.stupid as usual.
    I agree that GGG was again absent when it came to the body. However, unlike Canelo in the first fight who was on the back foot, GGG was doing it in the center of the ring and was landing the jab again and again as well as noticeable uppercuts. That was the big difference. GGG hardly ran, he boxed. Canelo did run in that first fight, but count me the number of times GGG went to the ropes. He didn't at all. He was in the middle outlanding his opponent. He outlanded Alvarez by about 30 punches overall. GGG also came on strong hurting Canelo a number of times.
    GGG WON IF YOU WERE LOOKING AT THIS AS A SLAP FIGHT. You ask your opponent in the lead up to not run then slap and run yourself. GGG is the one at fault for throwing a curve to the judges. The style he opted to fight swung the judges to think Canelo dictated the fight. Even Abel is throwing GGG under the bus saying he wanted him to fight and he opted to box. It was a good competitive fight but it was obvious if GGG opts to fight next time he is the one who will gas out. The man was dying in his corner at the end of each round from the middle rounds on.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Canelo he out GGG'd GGG . He came foward and it was a role reversal GGG ran. Canelo made a puncher box . GGG should have went.to the body like his stolen fake moniker Mexican Style. Abel was vague and.stupid as usual.
    I agree that GGG was again absent when it came to the body. However, unlike Canelo in the first fight who was on the back foot, GGG was doing it in the center of the ring and was landing the jab again and again as well as noticeable uppercuts. That was the big difference. GGG hardly ran, he boxed. Canelo did run in that first fight, but count me the number of times GGG went to the ropes. He didn't at all. He was in the middle outlanding his opponent. He outlanded Alvarez by about 30 punches overall. GGG also came on strong hurting Canelo a number of times.
    GGG WON IF YOU WERE LOOKING AT THIS AS A SLAP FIGHT. You ask your opponent in the lead up to not run then slap and run yourself. GGG is the one at fault for throwing a curve to the judges. The style he opted to fight swung the judges to think Canelo dictated the fight. Even Abel is throwing GGG under the bus saying he wanted him to fight and he opted to box. It was a good competitive fight but it was obvious if GGG opts to fight next time he is the one who will gas out. The man was dying in his corner at the end of each round from the middle rounds on.
    Golovkin was winning the fight on the outside with the ramrod jab of his. If the fight was anywhere else Golovkin gets the decision. However you are right the judges all had Canelo 4-2 up after 6 rounds.

It was a good fight.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The always popular david haye and amir khan think alvarez won... I always said they are smart guys. :S

Thread Information