Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

FTR I just want the fight and will pick Joshua.

Just, if you say give me 50 and I’ll sign tomorrow then they are okay here’s 50. You don’t go, well 50, but also...

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Judging from this thread alone, if I was Deontay Wilder I'd fire Shelley Finkel and hire Ron Swanson. If nothing else, Hearn would be exasperated into making the fight ASAP.
    Joshua has said it’s next, your welcome
    Next will be Povetkin for AJ and Wilder will fight someone AJ has already beat.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Judging from this thread alone, if I was Deontay Wilder I'd fire Shelley Finkel and hire Ron Swanson. If nothing else, Hearn would be exasperated into making the fight ASAP.
    Joshua has said it’s next, your welcome
    Next will be Povetkin for AJ and Wilder will fight someone AJ has already beat.
    This negotiations is so weird. They asked for an amount, Wilders team gave it. Then they ask for proof of funds, then they say they didn't ask for proof of funds. Then they have 6 or 7 questions and according to Barry Hearn "to be fair to the other side they've answered those questions but THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS there are MANY DETAILS". The story just keeps changing. Now Joshua is talking about taking less money to have it in the UK that everyone comes to the UK. What is he talking about? Pick one story and stick to it. The ever changing stories are very team Pacquiao. Just fight FFS. I was hyped for this, they are killing my interest.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If theres any truth in this AJ seems pretty confident that negotiations are pretty close to being sorted.

Joshua: I'll Rain Down Hell on Wilder, F*** Him Up Real Bad

WBO, IBO, WBA, IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs) has issued a warning to Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs), who holds the WBC heavyweight crown.
    The two camps are currently in serious negotiations for a highly anticipated unification in the coming months.
    Joshua is now the owner of four world titles - after picking up the WBO title with a twelve round unanimous decision win over Joseph Parker in March at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.

A few weeks ago, Wilder's handlers sent Joshua an guaranteed offer of $50 million to stage the fight in the United States.
    The two sides are still going back and forth on the details.
    “Luckily, we’ve got enough time to make the fight happen and we’re working on it. We’ve just sent another draft email over to them. It’s just the technical jargon that we’re going through right now," Joshua told The Sun.
    Back in March, Wilder recovered from a dire seventh round to score a tenth round knockout of undefeated Cuban puncher Luis Ortiz at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
    Wilder has cautioned that he might close the book on Joshua in the early moments of their potential showdown.
    Joshua, a 2012 Olympic gold medal winner, says there is no fear of Wilder's power - and the British superstar plans to be very aggressive in the early rounds.
    “I ain’t got nothing to lose and I’m [going to] rain down hell on him – I’m going to f*** him up bad. You’ve seen it, I can go to hell and back. I enjoy it there as well, this time I’m going to own it," Joshua said.
    “We’re big hitters, so for sure I’m going to be throwing a lot of combination punches and it’ll be interesting. I think he’ll be trying to pick punches. I’ll just be coming forward and swinging a lot of combinations, just trying to catch him and hurt him early on.”

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    If theres any truth in this AJ seems pretty confident that negotiations are pretty close to being sorted.

WBO, IBO, WBA, IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs) has issued a warning to Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs), who holds the WBC heavyweight crown.
    The two camps are currently in serious negotiations for a highly anticipated unification in the coming months.
    Joshua is now the owner of four world titles - after picking up the WBO title with a twelve round unanimous decision win over Joseph Parker in March at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.

A few weeks ago, Wilder's handlers sent Joshua an guaranteed offer of $50 million to stage the fight in the United States.
    “Luckily, we’ve got enough time to make the fight happen and we’re working on it. We’ve just sent another draft email over to them. It’s just the technical jargon that we’re going through right now," Joshua told The Sun.
    Back in March, Wilder recovered from a dire seventh round to score a tenth round knockout of undefeated Cuban puncher Luis Ortiz at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
    Wilder has cautioned that he might close the book on Joshua in the early moments of their potential showdown.
    Joshua, a 2012 Olympic gold medal winner, says there is no fear of Wilder's power - and the British superstar plans to be very aggressive in the early rounds.
    “I ain’t got nothing to lose and I’m [going to] rain down hell on him – I’m going to f*** him up bad. You’ve seen it, I can go to hell and back. I enjoy it there as well, this time I’m going to own it," Joshua said.
    “We’re big hitters, so for sure I’m going to be throwing a lot of combination punches and it’ll be interesting. I think he’ll be trying to pick punches. I’ll just be coming forward and swinging a lot of combinations, just trying to catch him and hurt him early on.”
    Tough talk doesn't work if you keep moving the goalposts about how to make the fight.

Do what you say Joshua, stop changing demands And destroy him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So far I've been thinking if the fight doesn't happen it's wonders fault cus his record suggests he's the cherry picker but now Joshua's saying it's uk or not at all then that suggests he's hiding behind home advantage.

his last two fights were ruined by having a hometown ref. 1 jumped in too early when takam was in no danger and in the Parker fight the ref told off the New Zealander every time he got close. Now josh wants another dodgy hometown fight
    likewise if wilder didn't have hometown advantage vs Ortiz who knows if he would've survived if he wasn't given extra time to recover.
    both want the hometown advantage so it should be neutral

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually had a dream last night that I watched this fight. AJ landed a huge hook in the first round and knocked Wilder out in the first round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Moneywise makes sense to be in Vegas but if you were AJ would you really want to fight in vegas when you have a guaranteed full stadium in UK. We know Wilder has no following so if I was AJ I would be like ' in UK or not at all'.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Moneywise makes sense to be in Vegas but if you were AJ would you really want to fight in vegas when you have a guaranteed full stadium in UK. We know Wilder has no following so if I was AJ I would be like ' in UK or not at all'.
    Then you are seen as the ducker, does he want to be called that and is it a real deal breaker?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then you are seen as the ducker, does he want to be called that and is it a real deal breaker?
    But he would only been seen as a ducker really by the american fans, and we know whatever he accomplishes as a heavyweight he will never be fully accepted by them. I mean Lennox Lewis beat everyman he ever stepped into the ring with and fought in the enemies backyard over and over again and still the americans were not impressed.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But he would only been seen as a ducker really by the american fans, and we know whatever he accomplishes as a heavyweight he will never be fully accepted by them. I mean Lennox Lewis beat everyman he ever stepped into the ring with and fought in the enemies backyard over and over again and still the americans were not impressed.
    If AJ insists that it has to be US and there is more money in the fight if it was there then he would be ducking the fight.

Lennox beat all and only a fool would say he never beat the best fighters available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If AJ insists that it has to be US and there is more money in the fight if it was there then he would be ducking the fight.

Lennox beat all and only a fool would say he never beat the best fighters available.
    I remember years ago defending lennox all day long against the americans on this site and others.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember years ago defending lennox all day long against the americans on this site and others.
    Lennox was undisputed and even beat Briggs to make sure there was no doubt.

AJ must beat Wilder although he is the best heavyweight right now.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder..400k Twitter followers...AJ..2 million. Case closed . I'm using the espn logic they use to hype kids they want to be the next Oscar.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

Tough talk doesn't work if you keep moving the goalposts about how to make the fight.

Do what you say Joshua, stop changing demands And destroy him.
    I have to say, I’m slowly coming round to @Ron Swanson’s line of thinking. AJ Opened his big mouth and put a price down. Team Wilder have (allegedly) come up with that and now Eddie is saying UK or nothing.
    Like Ron, I believe if the fight happened, AJ Wins, but that’s almost irrelevant .
    If the detail all shows the Wilder offer to be bigger, then really for Eddie to get it in the UK, he needs to beat what Wilder gets in the US.
    I said before, if it doesn’t happen next, it’s unlikely to happen , or at least happen when it means so much. And that’s exactly what I think will happen.
    On a side note , Eddie is saying if it’s not in the UK, it’s Povetkin next. I believe that is currently the most dangerous fight out there for him. I’m falling short of a prediction in favour of Povetkin, but I think he might expose a few flaws in AJ. That’s if he isn’t over the hill.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 05-31-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information