Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ward Outpoints Kessler!!!!!

Bullshit score cards....They saved him from being stopped by WARD's fists...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ward Stops Kessler!!!!!

Yes, unlike a real fighter who would use his speed to fight, Ward used it to clinch everytime he missed or was closed down. The ref gladly allowed him to butt Kessler 5 times (by accident of course) and only split the fighters once Ward was done hitting in the clinch.

Ward won on cuts

*clap clap clap clap clap*

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward is horrible, it's no wonder he appears to be all chummy, chummy with Dirrell. They probably practice ballroom dancing together whilst reciting prayers of god into each others ears.

Ward got the result, but I don't think he was terribly impressive. I was much more impressed with his ability to butt and hold and seldom manage to catch the referees attention whilst doing it. That's some ability right there.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Listen, I agree with the above posts to an extent. However, Kessler is a champion - why he couldn't he adjust to the holding? This fight showed where to fight Kessler - on the inside! I understand the frustration though. Ward didn't engage and held whenever it was imminent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Ward is horrible, it's no wonder he appears to be all chummy, chummy with Dirrell. They probably practice ballroom dancing together whilst reciting prayers of god into each others ears.

Ward got the result, but I don't think he was terribly impressive. I was much more impressed with his ability to butt and hold and seldom manage to catch the referees attention whilst doing it. That's some ability right there.
    yeah and Froch is such a tremendous talent I would prefer a boxer who knows how to move than a guy who needs to punch in the clinch to land anything. I haven't seen Ward-Kessler so I can't comment on that, but Dirrell was robbed against Froch because Froch didn't land legal punches, and Dirrell made him look stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

r u fackers mad, the kid totally outclassed the guy. dude could not fight his way out of a clinch and he could not deal with the speed. End of story.

quick someone cool click me..
    ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE DREADED AND MUCH FEARED CIRCLE OF TRUST (CoT)Hidden Content
    Inventor of Who Are You

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The one dimentional Kessler was exposed by a 20 fight novice , takes away the shine of a certain Mr Calzaghe's best win dont you think guys ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward was lucky not to be DQed. The headbutt that opened up the cut that ultimatley ended the fight was vicous and deliberate.

Ward was comfortably winning the fight and then resorted to illegal tactics to ensure that Kessler had no possible way of getting back into the fight; he had to fight the second half of the fight blind in one eye after another headbutt. I swear the guy thinks he's Evander Holyfield!

People, like Antonio Tarver, who think that Ward should have been awarded three points are wrong headed and simply do not wish to follow the rules of the sport. The fight was stopped due to an accidental headbutt and therefore goes to the scorecards; the only argument I have with this us the use of the word 'accidental'.
    You do a commercial and you're off the artistic roll call... forever
    --Bill Hicks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Despite all the Hype Kessler has again shown he is unable to adapt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward was the better man that night.

But perhaps anywhere else in the world would have been DQd because of continious intentional headbutting, running head first into the opponent

Ward has the best headbutt I have ever seen. Holding, low blows, and what headbutts?! They are much better than any headbutt Holyfield ever had
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen the match from the third round and I have very mix feelings:

I don't see why a Referee allows so many clinches, headbutts and doesn't do a wuut about it. On the other hand and despite of that, Ward was looking strong with a peppering and very accurate jab while Kessler's normally killer jab looked like it was lacking power and sharpness. I think that Ward is better than what I thought but that doesn't excuse the very weird job the ref did. Would it have allowed Kessler to win if he would have done things rightfully? I don't know and it is speculation but I think that at least, it could have been a closer match otherwise.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember that Mikkels dream fight was Hopkins, after what I saw he is lucky that never came true. I support Kessler but he has one obvius flaw, he is it not able to adapt. I saw it against Calzaghe, Kessler said he had a bad hand, and I gave him credit for it. But Ward used all the advantages he had, I would say he fought dirty, but that is part of the game when it not your own backyard

Now we all know the game plan of Froch and Taylor now

Besides Kessler and Saurland accepted the refs, so I dont think they should biaatch about that either.

I hope Kessler learns from this fight as well, but as it stands he is the only one that was blasted away in the first round. I know Taylor got a bad KO, but I thought he did pretty good up till that point.

Froch is now a bigger challenge, lets see how Kessler handles that one now.

And I think its time Kessler finds a new coach for inspiration & development. Its not the same guy, I saw Ward make mistakes Kessler should have punished but his hardest punches was the big holes in the air, that made him look stupid (did I write that)

come on Kessler you are still the best Danish boxer
    Last edited by thewhale; 11-22-2009 at 09:05 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm gonna be honest i didn't see the fight and was shocked to read on Yahoo Sports that Ward won, but i'm more shocked to see so many people on here who praised Froch for doing "more" to earn the decision now are bitching about Ward fighting dirty, seeing how the only thing Froch did was hit air and land rabbit punches all night, pretty ridiculous if you ask me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GuyIncognito76 View Post
    Ward was lucky not to be DQed. The headbutt that opened up the cut that ultimatley ended the fight was vicous and deliberate.

Ward was comfortably winning the fight and then resorted to illegal tactics to ensure that Kessler had no possible way of getting back into the fight; he had to fight the second half of the fight blind in one eye after another headbutt. I swear the guy thinks he's Evander Holyfield!

People, like Antonio Tarver, who think that Ward should have been awarded three points are wrong headed and simply do not wish to follow the rules of the sport. The fight was stopped due to an accidental headbutt and therefore goes to the scorecards; the only argument I have with this us the use of the word 'accidental'.
    A headbutt to the cheekbone caused the first cut in round two.Ward was headbutting in every round
    Kessler said to his trainer between round 3-4 "I can not see anything"

It is extremely hard to fight a dirty fighter and tonight was ward`s worst night when it comes to dirty tactics and the reff allow him to do all the dirty tricks
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

honestly... how many of the people claiming the headbutts were intentional watched this fight on a >300kbps internet stream?

i have SHOWTIME and watched it on my TV...

the headbutts werent anywhere near blatant

Thread Information