Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mr. Frampton has some decisions to make

The Wba has given him until July 27 to agree on a fight with Rigo. He obviously inherited Quiggs mandatory.

Maybe Scott threw the fight knowing he would have to face Rigo.

It cracks me up that Barry suggests its not a tv friendly fight given what we just witnessed and that its essentially to difficult a style. FFS man what’s the point?

Carl also must defend his IBF trinket against Shingo Wake.

And of course there is Santa Cruz @126.

You gotta go with Rigo. You can’t refuse to fight the guy because he's too good and simply use semantics like boring to get away with it. That’s pretzel logic given Floyd Mayweather.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mr. Frampton has some decisions to make

It's Blatantly obvious what he'll do, and Quigg would've done exactly the same.
    1. He'll drop the WBA belt to avoid Rigo - he knows he loses and would lose both belts.
    2. He'll talk about Santa Cruz and going up in weight pretending it's an option, but he knows he would have to give up both titles to do it.
    3. ditto Selby and Selby would embarrass him.
    4. He'll fight his IBF Mandatory against Shingo Wake (?) and then ridicule the WBA saying it's a bullshit body and he never wanted the belt anyway.
    Yeah, he'll talk till the cows come home , but we all know what will happen.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's no chance he'll fight Rigo. You can swerve the top fighter when you're a bigger star than him and have more lucrative options.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    It's Blatantly obvious what he'll do, and Quigg would've done exactly the same.
    1. He'll drop the WBA belt to avoid Rigo - he knows he loses and would lose both belts.
    2. He'll talk about Santa Cruz and going up in weight pretending it's an option, but he knows he would have to give up both titles to do it.
    3. ditto Selby and Selby would embarrass him.
    4. He'll fight his IBF Mandatory against Shingo Wake (?) and then ridicule the WBA saying it's a bullshit body and he never wanted the belt anyway.
    Yeah, he'll talk till the cows come home , but we all know what will happen.
    And that’s the real problem isn’t it? How obvious and normal they have become. He knew he'd be dropping it before he fought for it and made a big deal of unification at the same time with the intent of never defending it. The WBA is the one he will most likely drop for sure especially if a Santa Cruz fight is the payout. Cruz has the same Orgs title so he saves face. Of course the IBF most likely goes also unless he plans to come back down. The Orgs are as responsible as anyone because they don’t want unification.

Maybe Selby beats him and maybe not but nobody should expect Frampton to even entertain that now. He's the cash cow. That’s a huge step back. That’s the equivalent of Hatton fighting Witter or Calzaghe stepping back to fight Froch.

He may drop the WBA first and decide to fight his jet lagged mandatory and that’s his right. That would actually be ok but for me but he ought to fight Rigo. People question the legacy of guys like Duran but he would have fought Rigo long ago. "To be the best you have to fight the best" is more than just a quote or paraphrase at least to me. Sound economics does not make for sound pugilism practises. It may be the adopted accepted norm but not for me as an individual. The fact that Quigg and Carl could get it done keeps my hope alive as odd a fight as it was in the end.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see how he could beat Rigo unless the guy gets old overnight or something, highly doubt that happens as well. Has to be promising that he is fighting in the UK soon though?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I don't see how he could beat Rigo unless the guy gets old overnight or something, highly doubt that happens as well. Has to be promising that he is fighting in the UK soon though?
    I actually have this ridiculous fucking notion that Jazza might somehow pull something huge out the bag and get the win somehow.
    I know it's completely illogical and I know it won't happen, something just tells me that Rigo may, as you say, get old overnight .

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    The Wba has given him until July 27 to agree on a fight with Rigo. He obviously inherited Quiggs mandatory.

Maybe Scott threw the fight knowing he would have to face Rigo.

It cracks me up that Barry suggests its not a tv friendly fight given what we just witnessed and that its essentially to difficult a style. FFS man what’s the point?

Carl also must defend his IBF trinket against Shingo Wake.

And of course there is Santa Cruz @126.

You gotta go with Rigo. You can’t refuse to fight the guy because he's too good and simply use semantics like boring to get away with it. That’s pretzel logic given Floyd Mayweather.
    How Frampton, Quigg and pretty much all world champions from Bantam to Featherweight look when you mention Rigo's name

It's getting really embarrassing.

Man up and just the fight the fucker

If I was Roc Nation. I would've had Rigo sitting ringside at the Frampton Quigg match and I would've had him get in the ring after the result (A-la what Tyson Fury done in the Wilder Szpilka fight)

But then again that might not have worked for Rigo because he's very shy and doesn't speak fluent English but I would've had him in the ring at the very least.

I understand that Rigo is somewhat polarizing.

He's cuban and he has a negative backfoot style (Not boring because he goes for the kill when he gets his man in trouble)

I think Rigondeaux was punished for beating money maker Donaire and picking him apart. They didn't want him to win that fight. That was the start of his blackballing. The suits wanted Donaire to win and they also have general contempt for him (as well as contempt over his victory).

Put Rigo in against an aggressor like Donaire and he shines. Put him in against a defensive guy and the fight will be a chess-match. Simply speaking Rigo is a nightmare to come up against.

But I love how Rigo always gets blamed for his fights being "boring." I mean, his opponents could always sell out, then get KTFO. But they always seem pretty content to stay at a safe distance being occasionally jabbed and pot-shotted to a UD loss. Still can't figure out how that's Rigo's fault
    Last edited by denilson200; 03-05-2016 at 09:06 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When he drops the belt I hope people stop pretending he's a champion. Yet another guy I really wanted to like but can't because he won't fight the top guy.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rigo has some of the best boxing mind and pure skill going, but fact is Frampton has the options. The networks unfortunately orphaned Rigo early on and shut him out with ratings and fan friendly TV on the mind. Frampton just came off what was "just win tonight and look great later" vs Quigg in bit of a dud though. He needs to bury that asap. Take the mandatory and look to explode. He doesn't want any of Santa Cruz.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd have bet on both Quigg and Frampton to stop Rigo.

But after Frampton vs Quigg I'd say only Frampton.

He shouldnt avoid!
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frampton should take on Rigo on ITV, it will be an event.

If Frampton does avoid him then Quigg should fight him and redeem himself.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I actually have this ridiculous fucking notion that Jazza might somehow pull something huge out the bag and get the win somehow.
    I know it's completely illogical and I know it won't happen, something just tells me that Rigo may, as you say, get old overnight .
    I put money on Dickens to win. First bet for years. Don't even have an account, my brother put the money on and got 20/1. Rigo is 1/100.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I put money on Dickens to win. First bet for years. Don't even have an account, my brother put the money on and got 20/1. Rigo is 1/100.
    Tbf, at 20/1 in a 2 horse race, it's worth doing , just to give you a bit of interest in the fight.

Thread Information