Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ricky hatton to comeback as welterweight

ricky hatton to comeback as welterweight. what's jmm chances against hatton at 147?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ricky hatton to comeback as welterweight

Quote Originally Posted by zbolt View Post
    ricky hatton to comeback as welterweight. what's jmm chances against hatton at 147?
    source? and Marquez beats him regardless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    source? and Marquez beats him regardless
    it's at boxingscene. i think hatton has better chances at 147

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If that's the case then Marquez should not fight him, I don't want to see more of this catch weight nonsense. If he's going to be a WW then he should stay there and beat some proper WW's.

Sydney, Australia. Originally from Canada.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Marquez will win regardless. Hatton doesn't have anywhere near the blistering speed that Mayweather has; that was the main problem for JMM in their fight. He took most of what Floyd threw without too many problems (other than the one knockdown). On the other hand, Hatton was hurt, knocked down and knocked out by Mayweather...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, it was timing more than speed which allowed Floyd to keep on catching Hatton as he came in. I don't know if JMM has the timing anymore.. but it's a good fight nonetheless, but I wouldn't take it if I was JMM, especially not at welterweight.. junior welterweight maybe.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBranMan View Post
    I think Marquez will win regardless. Hatton doesn't have anywhere near the blistering speed that Mayweather has; that was the main problem for JMM in their fight. He took most of what Floyd threw without too many problems (other than the one knockdown). On the other hand, Hatton was hurt, knocked down and knocked out by Mayweather...

Exactly.

I think if Hatton were to win this it would be as much an acheivment for his boxing as beating Tszyu, Marquez has shown he can take what the best in the world has to offer and Hatton will take more punches than Mayweather.

To be honest I see hatton getting stopped again but if he wins that would be very good for him.

He hasnt fought in a long time and didnt do many rounds in his last fight, he needs to get back with Graham, shiit or bust

Graham had him giving Mayweather more trouble than anyone else has up until he got sparked

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyUK View Post
    Well, it was timing more than speed which allowed Floyd to keep on catching Hatton as he came in. I don't know if JMM has the timing anymore.. but it's a good fight nonetheless, but I wouldn't take it if I was JMM, especially not at welterweight.. junior welterweight maybe.
    Hatton is easier to time than most after he doesnt get his own way, he wades in all squared up expecting to out muscle others.
    He got away with Kostya doing it in a tough fight because Kostya wanted it that way too and fought that exact fight and wanted to see himself who was the man at the weight.

Unless Ricky changes which is doubtfull now, these guys we are mentioning as his opponents are going to box correctly and take him down level at a time and finish him off embarrassingly frustrated.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton coming back as a WW, says to me that ghetting back down to 140 after his latest hiatus is going to be too much. He clearly perfroms better at 140, but at either weight I see Marquez making easy work of him
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ricky hatton would be lucky to get down to heavyweight now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez is too fast for Hatton in my opinion. Ricky has disappointed his followers (not to mention himself) in his big fights. No reason here to believe he could rise up and beat a fighter like Marquez.
    Never forget our brothers that have fallen - Remember Gerald McClellan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DMan37 View Post
    Marquez is too fast for Hatton in my opinion. Ricky has disappointed his followers (not to mention himself) in his big fights. No reason here to believe he could rise up and beat a fighter like Marquez.
    disappointed me by saying he always wanted to fight @ MSG then fought in vegas again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What sort of statement is that ? Get a grip.

His fans, or followers as you so inaptly put it, take great pride in the fact Ricky actually reached that level. To be able to follow a true British home-grown fighter to the dizzy heights of head-lining in Las Vegas is something a true fan can never be disappointed about. We can only thank the fat little fucker for giving us the amazing opportunity. Also, to lose to the two best fighters of the modern era is unfortunate, but certainly not disappointing. Hatton was hardly the favourite in either fight. His fans give him props for taking these fights, putting his unbeaten record on the line, and testing himself against the best his era had to offer. He fell short, but he gave it his all, as fans you simply cannot ask for more than that.

I also dont think Rick or his fans will have felt too disappointed with the result in his "Big Fight" with the legendary Mr Tszyu.

And rise up and beat a fighter like Marquez ? Are you kidding me ? Which version of Marquez do you think he would be up against ?
    Last edited by Jimmy G-Force; 01-12-2010 at 02:57 PM.
    Some people say boxing is a matter of life or death, it's not, it's far more important than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was beaten by the 2 best P4P fighters in the world and beaten a slew of probable future HOFers and elite fighters... I find this statement to be harsh.

That being said, I agree with the rest of your post...
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy G-Force View Post
    What sort of statement is that ? Get a grip.

His fans, or followers as you so inaptly put it, take great pride in the fact Ricky actually reached that level. To be able to follow a true British home-grown fighter to the dizzy heights of head-lining in Las Vegas is something a true fan can never be disappointed about. We can only thank the fat little fucker for giving us the amazing opportunity. Also, to lose to the two best fighters of the modern era is unfortunate, but certainly not disappointing. Hatton was hardly the favourite in either fight. His fans give him props for taking these fights, putting his unbeaten record on the line, and testing himself against the best his era had to offer. He fell short, but he gave it his all, as fans you simply cannot ask for more than that.

I also dont think Rick or his fans will have felt too disappointed with the result in his "Big Fight" with the legendary Mr Tszyu.

And rise up and beat a fighter like Marquez ? Are you kidding me ? Which version of Marquez do you think he would be up against ?

Eloquently put and bang on the mark once again
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Thread Information