Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I don't really respect MMA

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Why I don't really respect MMA

Junior dos Santos says he could knock out Wladimir Klitschko - ESPN

Really Junior Really

Dos Santos says "Guys don't finish fights anymore".....I guess he's overlooking Wlad's 50 KO's from his 58 wins. Yet Dos Santos says he's sticking with MMA because "boxing is going down". If they decided to box today, tomorrow, or 10 years from now Wlad would win and he'd win by KO....sorry Junior, you're out of your element

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MMA is utter shit.people go go on how technical it is and blah blah blah!9 times out ov 10 it's usually 2 guys rolling about on the deck cuddling which is not my cup ov tea! And the fights which r stand up usually involve 2 guys with there chins up in air looking for a lucky punch or kick.a know its huge in states but av been getting the feeling it's not got as much intrest in the uk recently?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why I don't really respect MMA

"Mixed martial arts" is a misnomer in the first place, martial arts are all very specific forms of self defence of which many are aesthetically great to watch in themselves. The point of most is to minimize contact with the opponent and expend less energy than they do, i.e. wrestling is not a martial art. In reality the UFC crap is a cockfight, especially when it goes to the ground. If it were truly anything goes and as is the case in most real fights, you would be seeing low blows, eye gouges, kicks to a downed opponent etc. I'm not saying they should allow these things but it would at least be consistent with what they are trying to achieve.

El Kabong Guest

My question is how is Dos Santos going to be all "All see holes/weaknesses" and he's never boxed before? Holes/weaknesses for what?? Kicks? Grapples, holds, etc Plus he said he's sticking with MMA so why even bring it up? If you want to talk trash back it up! The deal is Dos Santos thinks that he's Billy Bad Ass because he beat up Cain Velasquez...you know who Cain is in the world of boxing NOBODY that's who!

Junior Dos Santos, I had nothing against you before this dumbass interview but get real, in boxing Wlad would stomp a mudhole in your ass every day of the week & twice on Sundays.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Junior dos Santos says he could knock out Wladimir Klitschko - ESPN

Really Junior Really

Dos Santos says "Guys don't finish fights anymore".....I guess he's overlooking Wlad's 50 KO's from his 58 wins. Yet Dos Santos says he's sticking with MMA because "boxing is going down". If they decided to box today, tomorrow, or 10 years from now Wlad would win and he'd win by KO....sorry Junior, you're out of your element
    One persons opinion make you not respect a whole sport? There's plenty of dick's in boxing but that doesn't make me not respect the sport. Open your eyes there's more to mixed martial arts than Junior Dos Santos.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guys looking like that clown in your avatar is another reason not to like the "sport"

El Kabong Guest

It comes across like "I could box if I WANTED to.....I just like MMA better is all"....childish bullshit.

I've had enough of the fucking MMA vs Boxing bullshit and honestly I'm ready to see some boxers beat the living fuck out of these MMA bastards. The MMA's "boxing ability" is on par with a Toughman competition, every last one of their champions even Silva would get torn up in a boxing ring....FACT

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Guys looking like that clown in your avatar is another reason not to like the "sport"
    The last thing MMA needs is more uneducated fans so I guess it's a good job you don't like the sport.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It comes across like "I could box if I WANTED to.....I just like MMA better is all"....childish bullshit.

I've had enough of the fucking MMA vs Boxing bullshit and honestly I'm ready to see some boxers beat the living fuck out of these MMA bastards. The MMA's "boxing ability" is on par with a Toughman competition, every last one of their champions even Silva would get torn up in a boxing ring....FACT
    And every boxer would get 'torn up' in a MMA fight FACT. Fucking hell talk about going in circles its obvious MMA fighters wont beat elite boxers in a boxing match and boxers wont beat elite MMA fighters in a MMA fight.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    One persons opinion make you not respect a whole sport? There's plenty of dick's in boxing but that doesn't make me not respect the sport. Open your eyes there's more to mixed martial arts than Junior Dos Santos.
    I don't care for the sport, I don't care for their brands, I don't care for their personalities, and that's what they sell. The UFC sells being a douchebag and certain people buy it......namely douchebags. Wladimir has been respectful of the sport and its stars, but Wlad's a top notch guy so you expect that sort of thing. I hadn't heard much of Dos Santos before but apparently he's a dickhead. If he thinks boxing is so damned easy then why not come and make some real money

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    The last thing MMA needs is more uneducated fans so I guess it's a good job you don't like the sport.

As if it caters to any other sort of person

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't care for the sport, I don't care for their brands, I don't care for their personalities, and that's what they sell. The UFC sells being a douchebag and certain people buy it......namely douchebags. Wladimir has been respectful of the sport and its stars, but Wlad's a top notch guy so you expect that sort of thing. I hadn't heard much of Dos Santos before but apparently he's a dickhead. If he thinks boxing is so damned easy then why not come and make some real money
    JDS is one of the sports nicest guy's. Came up from nothing to being the UFC heavyweight champion. For his last fight he brought a poor Brazilian kid to the US to watch his fight simply because he asked him if he would.

If we are generalizing I don't particularly like red neck, racist, hillbilly's who love shooting there gun's and drinking moonshine!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm fighting a losing battle here you guy's are too one track minded. Sorry guy's but have fun attacking that 'sport' MMA as if those cage fighters have skill right?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MMA is what it is. No an MMA fighter wont beat a boxer in a boxing match. That is pure stupidity. MMA is so blunt and sloppy boxing wise that any notable boxer likely knocks out most MMA fighters as they have no defense.

I don't care what people say, But I hated Pride. It's like a f'n bull fight. Stomping faces? Headbutting? Are you animals

Modern UFC I actually watch regularly. It is OK but Boxing is a much more technically sound and for me much more entertaining sport nevertheless.

El Kabong Guest

Unlike JDS we're not hating on MMA. I don't care for the sport personally because there are aspects of it that I disagree with. It's no different than a fan of baseball not liking cricket and vice versa. Yes there are greatly talented MMA fighters @mattboxingfan, nobody is denying that....but to disrespect Wladimir Klitschko, especially at this point in time is pretty fucking low.

There are MMA fighters that I like and respect: Machida, GSP, Anderson, Leonard Garcia, etc.

JDS is fucking clueless about boxing

Thread Information