Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sparring, and Matches..

Ok here is my case.....

I Sparr almost everyday which is just how it goes in Detroit Michigan..

When i sparr i OWN guys, and it doesnt matter if they have more experience ie. more amature fights and so on. I do it easily, i am very well conditioned , Run every morning and can run 5 miles in under 45 minutes, so i outlast and beat up on guys even though they have been boxing years longer then me.

I get into the ring for a match and all goes down the drain. Everything happens to fast and i get out-pointed. I dont pressure as much as i do and i dont throw as many punches as i do when i'm sparring. And this happens against guys who are not even as CLOSE as good as the guys I beat in all the different Gyms I go to.
    I do not suck that is not what i mean, i have a record of 18 and 6 and those 6 that i lost was against bums compared to all the people i fight wit in my gym and other gyms around Michigan, and yes i do travel all over the state for sparring. I spar guys wit as many as 150 fights and do VERY good, so what is going on?

I want to know what this is? I am not scared, not at all, have taken plenty shots and was never hurt.
    I always think its the fear of loosing but i have no idea...does anybody know what the problem could be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sparring, and Matches..

Quote Originally Posted by Salhadin
    Ok here is my case.....

I Sparr almost everyday which is just how it goes in Detroit Michigan..

When i sparr i OWN guys, and it doesnt matter if they have more experience ie. more amature fights and so on. I do it easily, i am very well conditioned , Run every morning and can run 5 miles in under 45 minutes, so i outlast and beat up on guys even though they have been boxing years longer then me.

I get into the ring for a match and all goes down the drain. Everything happens to fast and i get out-pointed. I dont pressure as much as i do and i dont throw as many punches as i do when i'm sparring. And this happens against guys who are not even as CLOSE as good as the guys I beat in all the different Gyms I go to.
    I do not suck that is not what i mean, i have a record of 18 and 6 and those 6 that i lost was against bums compared to all the people i fight wit in my gym and other gyms around Michigan, and yes i do travel all over the state for sparring. I spar guys wit as many as 150 fights and do VERY good, so what is going on?

I want to know what this is? I am not scared, not at all, have taken plenty shots and was never hurt.
    I always think its the fear of loosing but i have no idea...does anybody know what the problem could be?
    some people may have as much natural talent as you

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have you asked your trainer? Watched replays of your fights? Have you considered the guys you're sparring are going easy on you so you thing you're better than you are?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, i know for a fact nobody goes easy because nobody likes getting showed up, people do not act like much of a team at any of the Detroit gyms, Kronk, Batso, Cannon, Dynamic, and so forth....they all want to prove that they can whoop yo A$$...

MY trainer says maybe its because i'm a 3 minute fighter and i am no good at 2 minutes because i dont go straight for the kill...which is true because even though i pressure i do no throw 60+ punches.

I have watched videos and I c that i dont throw enough punches to win an amateur fight and that was my conclusion...but I just wanted to get on here and see if anybody else had this problem...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you should be sparring 2 minute rounds then. No point in doing what your good at... do what your bad at.

Its problably more of a case that the guys you spar aren't brilliant, its hard to go as hard in sparring as you do in a competative fight no matter how much you try, the extra adrenalin gives a massive boost.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    you should be sparring 2 minute rounds then. No point in doing what your good at... do what your bad at.

Its problably more of a case that the guys you spar aren't brilliant, its hard to go as hard in sparring as you do in a competative fight no matter how much you try, the extra adrenalin gives a massive boost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB

This is what i'm going to do then, thank you..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Audley is that you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if you've a complex about it to yourself it'll make you tense up and your moves will be easy to spot. don't worry yourself about it stay focosed on the fight

i liked the audley coment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AUdley HAHAHAHA

that was a good one...

Thanks guys on the Input.

I think its just that i'm to worried about impressing the crowd( not loosing)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ignore the crowd, 99% of them know fuck all about boxing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well said adam,most of them have probably have never had a fight in their life.

Thread Information