Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins this one & how people?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One step closer to Super Unification. Beyer vs Kessler October 14th, 2006

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default One step closer to Super Unification. Beyer vs Kessler October 14th, 2006

Shot of the Day!

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...EoubcSyiX.html

WBC super middleweight champion Marcus Beyer (left) and WBA super middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler examine the 42,000-seat Parken Stadium in Copenhagen where they will collide in a unification bout on October 14. This is the same venue where Mike Tyson fought Brian Nielsen in 2001.

Just thought I'd beat a certain someone to posting this picture first & figured I'd get the questions flowing about this one.

Who wins this one & how?

Good clean discussions...not hating on Kessler because of "you know who".
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: One step closer to Super Unification. Beyer vs Kessler October 14th, 2006

Check out that big ass melon head of Beyer's.

Kessler by KO.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: One step closer to Super Unification. Beyer vs Kessler October 14th, 2006

I don't care, aslong as there is a winner and they fight calzaghe - saying that maybe i prefer beyer, i think out of the 2 he is the one who would fight calzaghe, kessler would prolly just price him self out again, try bide his time and get a shot at calzaghe when he has beaten some reall world class fighters, past his prime and get an undserving great name on his resume.

So yeah i think kessler will win, but im hoping for beyer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont know to much about either. But from what I have read i would have to go with Kessler by UD.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate Kessler, he looks a bit subhuman.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Voted for Kessler on points, but a draw/medical due to cuts (on Beyer's face) wouldn't surprice me.
    Beyer cuts extremely easily and Kessler's relentless jab is almost made to do that kind of damage.
    I know Beyer is not Lucas and i'm not ruling out that there COULD be a Beyer upset. But really the odd's are stacked in Kessler's favour.

On a side note. Kessler's used to be underestimated on this board and others because noone knew about him. Now most ppl know about him (atleast by word) but on this board it seems ppl are now starting to underestimate him simply bc they don't like him.
    Well i'm aware of your reasons and perhaps it is only to be expected. I just get the feeling that these days when some ppl speak their minds about what Kessler can or can't possibly achive, it's more about whether you like the guy and his fans or not. In the case of this board - in most cases NOT.

While we are at it. If ever a Calzaghe-Kessler fight was made, I wouldn't (even as a fan) have Kessler as a clear favourite. But to say that he has no chance (as seems to be the concensus on this board) is in my oppinion even dumber than the average post of certain not so well liked posters here.

Now this is personal oppinion of a fan with relatively limited boxing-knowledge. So feel free to disregard as dumb rubish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dumdane
    Voted for Kessler on points, but a draw/medical due to cuts (on Beyer's face) wouldn't surprice me.
    Beyer cuts extremely easily and Kessler's relentless jab is almost made to do that kind of damage.
    I know Beyer is not Lucas and i'm not ruling out that there COULD be a Beyer upset. But really the odd's are stacked in Kessler's favour.

On a side note. Kessler's used to be underestimated on this board and others because noone knew about him. Now most ppl know about him (atleast by word) but on this board it seems ppl are now starting to underestimate him simply bc they don't like him.
    Well i'm aware of your reasons and perhaps it is only to be expected. I just get the feeling that these days when some ppl speak their minds about what Kessler can or can't possibly achive, it's more about whether you like the guy and his fans or not. In the case of this board - in most cases NOT.

While we are at it. If ever a Calzaghe-Kessler fight was made, I wouldn't (even as a fan) have Kessler as a clear favourite. But to say that he has no chance (as seems to be the concensus on this board) is in my oppinion even dumber than the average post of certain not so well liked posters here.

Now this is personal oppinion of a fan with relatively limited boxing-knowledge. So feel free to disregard as dumb rubish

Mate it's we dont like him, he is way over rated, Calzaghe would beat him comfortably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler will probably win by ko or tko....but that aint stopping me for going for beyer. Hope beyer wins, hes a crafty fighter and i think he can pull the upset.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    Kessler will probably win by ko or tko....but that aint stopping me for going for beyer. Hope beyer wins, hes a crafty fighter and i think he can pull the upset.
    Beyer aint as crafty as Mundine though...right?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

^see guys... proof that Kessler will win... a picture...

Just like the proof that Royal Popovich (the name gave it away before I read the post, as usual) uses to proof that Kessler will beat Joe Calzaghe... a picture of Kess hitting some one.

I hope Kessler looses... and it's a shame, it's not because I don't like the guy, its because of the intense dislike I have of Royal...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    Beyer aint as crafty as Mundine though...right?
    Well beyer is crafty, meaning he just has the boxing brains to beat kessler. Just watch him vs danny green the second time, this is the same dude who green knocked down twice in their first match up and just dominated him...yet he comes back and puts on a boxing lesson. I like beyer so i hope he wins, it aint about mundine wacko. I hope all of you dont see me like that, i follow other boxers beside aussie ones. Its just that im very passionate when it comes to those boxers i follow. I think if you count beyer out completely then your making a big mistake coz he can do it and id like to see him go out with a big win.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    ^see guys... proof that Kessler will win... a picture...

Just like the proof that Royal Popovich (the name gave it away before I read the post, as usual) uses to proof that Kessler will beat Joe Calzaghe... a picture of Kess hitting some one.

I hope Kessler looses... and it's a shame, it's not because I don't like the guy, its because of the intense dislike I have of Royal...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAH lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beyer ain't sh*t, this will be an easy night for Kessler. Maybe 6 - 7 rounds tops.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    I have to agree with AdamGB. I love boxing and am a big fan and like to think I know something about the sport. I think that Kessler is a big SMW, solid technique and hard to beat, but nothing spectacular. Exactly what people were saying about Calzaghe. Now, he may turn out to be brilliant and a great fighter and I stand to be corrected.

However, I do hope he loses badly because I hate Royal and I dearly wish I had his home address.

So, apologies to the millions of sane and reasonable Danes out there. The more you tell your countrymen about this site and get them to post comments, the less we will think Royal was a fair representation.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    Dont know to much about either. But from what I have read i would have to go with Kessler by UD.
    that's how I see it....doesn't Kessler look small standing next to Beyer??....
    It feels good to be back home.

Thread Information