User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Cooper returns glove to Wembley

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Cooper returns glove to Wembley

Former heavyweight boxing champion Henry Cooper, who floored Mohammad Ali in 1963, is giving one of his gloves to Wembley Stadium to promote a website.
    The Museum of London is returning some exhibits to their historic homes to mark the launch of Map My London.

The website aims to create an emotional memory bank and will form part of the museum's permanent collection.

Wembley was the scene of one of Sir Henry's finest moments when he fought the man then known as Cassius Clay.

Famous punch

Cooper, 72, fought 55 times, winning 40 of his matches, during his 16-year career.

He landed his most famous punch at Wembley, when he knocked Ali down just before Ali went on to become world champion.

The referee stopped the fight in round five as Cooper was bleeding profusely above the left eye.

Other artefacts being returned include suffragette chains to the House of Commons, and Anna Pavlova's ballet shoes to the Royal Opera House.

Museum director, professor Jack Lohman said the new site aimed to strengthen the gallery's ties with London and its people.

"As the museum for Londoners we must be relevant and accessible to everyone," he said.

Londoners will also be asked to post their impressions of the city on the site.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cooper returns glove to Wembley

As I know, There are 3 sets of gloves That claim to be the gloves Tommy Gibbons had 1 set at the Beckett.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to have the glove that Angelo Dundee "tampered" with after Henry KO'd him that night.
    By the way i live near Wembley and can see the arch from just down the road and it looks amazing.
    Best Stadium in the world and 90,000 capacity.
    Wembley itself is still a Sh*thole.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont know why Smash I always thought you were from Battersea
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Thread Information