Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Josh Warrington vs Mauricio Lara

I love upsets but Lara almost looked apologetic in corner. 2021 upset of early on

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Geezer should have been stopped in 3/4. He was let go whereas lara wouldn't have been.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Covid upsets continue

Does Hearn now exist to provide Mexican and Mexican American fighters with British cannon ?

Time and time again everyone get's gassed on a boxer's "0"

I've always said there's too much hype around british fighters. You literally hear about them before they go pro. Warrington got a serious wakeup.. oops.. I mean a goodnight call.

Perfect example of a bird in the hand is better than one in this bush. Never give up your title for nothing, especially if the plan is to move up in weight when you can't crack an egg at your own weight and that's the weird thing about Warrington his style is a 100% a pressure fighter but he’s no heavy handed Triple G. It clearly worked at a high level for him though, just not elite.

Actually scratch that I don't think Lara's elite. He just beat someone who wasn’t as good as the hearniacs tried to make him out to be. No power at all and I have not even started on Howard Foster.

But well done Lara. This is the reason why a lot of these Mexican fighters aren’t babied early in there careers so what they may take an L or two but they’ll learn from it and be ready for the big ones
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 02-14-2021 at 04:28 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

👆Cummon man, Warrington wasn't a hype job he had beaten some very good fighters who had beaten some very good non British fighters

I think maybe you have confused him with someone else?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warrington as a light punching come forward fighter was always going to have limited shelf life at the top.
    He has some good wins, however I thought he lost to Abdul Awad .
    Pressure fighters often have limited time at the top , light punching ones more so.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 02-14-2021 at 10:43 AM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He lost most of the rounds to kid galahad and was fortunate against kiko martinez

He did deserve to win against Selby and Frampton tho which can't be sniffed at
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't think Warrington has ever been overhyped. He clearly works and worked very hard to get to where he did. Not a big puncher, that didn't stop him reaching the top of a maybe somewhat limited division.

As a sign of the lack of hype for Josh, I think he was underdog against Lee Selby and certainly was against Frampton, and I personally didn't pick him to win either of fights. Credit to him on those victories and I think it is quite rare that a fighter with such a small ko% becomes a world champion.

He may have come through a few close/lucky decisions also, against decent level fighters no less, it happens especially when he was the A side, with a pretty big following making him more marketable and profitable to the promoter!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warrington looked flat and not himself from the first round. He was hooking with a hooker and that is dangerous. He should have been knocked out with that left hook but somehow survived.

Warrington's legs were gone and took a beating. Josh is the type of fighter that thrives on a crowd and he can come back from this.
    Last edited by Master; 02-14-2021 at 05:04 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

14/1 for a 22-year-old Mexican with a 20-2 record and plenty of video footage. It's nothing to do with Warrington being overrated, it's "fans" (and thankfully bookies) underrating Lara. There's "no-names" and "no-names" in boxing, they aren't the same.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In reality pressure fighter like Josh have a limited shelf life in all honesty he didn't look like he wanted to be in their.!
    Frankly his boxing and movement was terrible Hearns match making is very poor a young hungry guy that can punch against a World Champion that had not fought in 16 month Warrington looked staler than a two month old sliced loaf.
    Is this the end of Warrington yes on that performance !

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dia Bando, you're not wrong at all.

But at the same time, let's call it what it is.
    Lara could hit like hell, but not a whole pile else.
    Lara is not (yet?) a world class fighter.

There wasn't a world class performance from either fighter last night.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

when warrington was hurt he realized he needed to box and use the ring, and a little bit after that, he realized he never learned how.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Hearns match making is very poor a young hungry guy that can punch against a World Champion that had not fought in 16 month Warrington looked staler than a two month old sliced loaf.
    I don't think that's true, this kid was supposed to come here get outboxed, take his money and go back home....It was the same kind of fight Eddie (and all other promoters) puts his fighters in 8 out of 10 fights....
    No one was talking about this dangerous banger from Mexico to be wary of before tonight. He'd never fought outside of South America and had a very mediocre record, but, granted a pretty high KO rate.

We've seen it time and again over the years where no-name fighter comes on over from a tough country, not a noted record, often never fought outside of their country, maybe with plenty of stoppage wins...but they are taken for granted. But they turn out to be tough bastards who can take a shot and throw a good dig back and it derails the fighter.

It happened numerous times over the years, usually with promising talents still working their way at domestic level, rather than on a world stage.

Like with Khan when Prescott blasted him out.
    Derry Mathews promising early career obliterated by that Mongolian lad who fought out of the UK.
    Kiki Martinez came over from Spain and leathered that Irish lad Bernard Dunne inside a round.

It's not necessarily bad match making...it happens!

there have been plenty more through the years but those are the ones off the top of my head and Warrington-Lara is in the same mould as this.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Hearns match making is very poor a young hungry guy that can punch against a World Champion that had not fought in 16 month Warrington looked staler than a two month old sliced loaf.
    I don't think that's true, this kid was supposed to come here get outboxed, take his money and go back home....It was the same kind of fight Eddie (and all other promoters) puts his fighters in 8 out of 10 fights....
    No one was talking about this dangerous banger from Mexico to be wary of before tonight. He'd never fought outside of South America and had a very mediocre record, but, granted a pretty high KO rate.

We've seen it time and again over the years where no-name fighter comes on over from a tough country, not a noted record, often never fought outside of their country, maybe with plenty of stoppage wins...but they are taken for granted. But they turn out to be tough bastards who can take a shot and throw a good dig back and it derails the fighter.

It happened numerous times over the years, usually with promising talents still working their way at domestic level, rather than on a world stage.

Like with Khan when Prescott blasted him out.
    Derry Mathews promising early career obliterated by that Mongolian lad who fought out of the UK.
    Kiki Martinez came over from Spain and leathered that Irish lad Bernard Dunne inside a round.

It's not necessarily bad match making...it happens!

there have been plenty more through the years but those are the ones off the top of my head and Warrington-Lara is in the same mould as this.
    No, I have to agree with @Dia bando, it wasn’t very clever matchmaking, and I’ll tell you why.
    It’s not because Lara is a great fighter or could be a world champ, because I don’t think he can. He’s very open, very wild, he’ll get caught plenty by a top class boxer.
    That sounds like I’m not giving credit to Lara, which isn’t the case, top marks to him, but I just feel he’ll come short.
    The reasons it was poor matchmaking are that he had 5 fights in the last year, and his KO record shows he can bang.
    Warrington’s strengths are all about energy and work rate, and with 16 months out of the ring, that is always going to be affected.
    I still think the biggest factor is how much energy Warrington gets from his fans, but we can’t do anything about that.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 02-14-2021 at 08:19 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warrington has shot his bolt and is done and dusted.
    If he knew how to actually box he'd still be relevant.
    KO% of about 28% tops and just stands there like a slugger against a dogshit Mexican.
    Always gonna come off second best.
    He's done, let's move on 😎

Thread Information