Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  110
Dislikes Dislikes:  13

Poll: Some Cultures are better than others

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusively

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That is a cop out
    Truth is a cop out?
    No....that whole "Well anyone with power does that"
    Debate is a cop out for Lyle and Brockton. They seem to think posting a YouTube video and posting in capitals shouting everyone else down is the same as debate.
    I'm sorry providing a real look at what another culture promits and celebrates has you so fucking salty.

You asked me a question I produced opinion and undisputed FACTS about the given topic and YOU avoid debate, YOU did.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

To expand on @Master 's "Anyone with power acts like that".....show me, show me in America where people ACCEPT beatings like that. Even if you bring up the Police beatings of suspects, average citizens will parse out if those are acceptable or too much and in lots of cases even if there are no criminal charges for the people doing the beatings there ARE civil penalties in favor of the aggrieved party.

But baseline, you don't see ANYONE just allowing that kind of flogging to happen on a regular basis, and it's certainly not state supported. Fucking wearing pants and you get flogged?!?!?! And Beanz wants to jump in here and say "Well Lyle and brockton don't debate, debate is a cop out to them" fuck off you little hobbit you either state your case or leave this thread, so far you just virtue signal and state absolutely NOTHING why? Because you fucking know full well your argument (if you were to fucking make one) wouldn't hold water.

I can provide video evidence and pictures of all kinds of horrible things that are happening in Islamic nations TODAY up to and including acceptance of pedophilia, spousal abuse, female genital mutilation, stoning people to death, and throwing gay people off of rooftops....you don't typically find ANY of those things being celebrated in Western cultures....but Beanz can't handle that reality, it doesn't compute for him and so instead of a fact based rebuttal I get personal attacks because @Beanz is either not all that bright or he's a coward or maybe there's a third option which he can explain that or maybe he COULD explain but he just won't because he's a jackass...all very real possibilities

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never said everyone acts like that, power can corrupt people and when it does people do protest as Black Lives Matter do.

I would not say certain cultures are prone to domestic violence either.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

I never said everyone acts like that, power can corrupt people and when it does people do protest as Black Lives Matter do.

Power CAN corrupt but that's not what we're seeing in these videos those are community and state approved punishments. Those cultures got that to be the case.

You can float that idea, but it's in the Quran and lots of Muslims take the Quran literally. Even if that was the case with Christianity The Bible doesn't give the ok to beat your spouse.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Power CAN corrupt but that's not what we're seeing in these videos those are community and state approved punishments. Those cultures got that to be the case.

You can float that idea, but it's in the Quran and lots of Muslims take the Quran literally. Even if that was the case with Christianity The Bible doesn't give the ok to beat your spouse.
    Since their inception Christians have used the example of Eve to make women subject. The whole idea of Sin, quite alien in most other religions, is one that Christians have always pinned on Eve. Christians believe in disciplining their wives in them being made subject to them, and them keeping silent. It is a core central belief of Christianity with many sections in the old and new testament there to support it, Of course not all Christians are like this but then not all Muslims are, but you are seeming to suggest that only Muslims take their holy books literally. That is quite obviously not true. You are very fond of simplistic reductionist arguments because again that is a very American Christian way to look at the world, it's not particularly sophisticated and just goes to show how much like Paul the complete bastard of a Christian that he was, has distorted Christianity to pander to Greek ideas like Logic, being the be all and end all of everything. That meant historically all kinds of horrific things like the Catholic inquisition being excused in the name of logic.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beans that last post of yours must be a piss take otherwise the sky is falling right now.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Beans that last post of yours must be a piss take otherwise the sky is falling right now.
    No not at all. It is what is wrong at the heart of YOUR culture.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Since their inception Christians have used the example of Eve to make women subject. The whole idea of Sin, quite alien in most other religions, is one that Christians have always pinned on Eve. Christians believe in disciplining their wives in them being made subject to them, and them keeping silent. It is a core central belief of Christianity with many sections in the old and new testament there to support it, Of course not all Christians are like this but then not all Muslims are, but you are seeming to suggest that only Muslims take their holy books literally. That is quite obviously not true. You are very fond of simplistic reductionist arguments because again that is a very American Christian way to look at the world, it's not particularly sophisticated and just goes to show how much like Paul the complete bastard of a Christian that he was, has distorted Christianity to pander to Greek ideas like Logic, being the be all and end all of everything. That meant historically all kinds of horrific things like the Catholic inquisition being excused in the name of logic.
    "Since their inception..."....yeah about that #1 I am not talking about inception, I'm talking about right now so hop in your DeLorean and come back to 2017 #2 Actually that statement "Christians have used the example of Eve to make women subject." is as wrong as the day is long, Christianity grew due to lots of people converting because the altruistic nature and equality of the religion and it won over scores of women and slaves due to that.

"The whole idea of Sin, quite alien in most other religions, is one that Christians have always pinned on Eve.".....Christians pinned that on Eve? Are JEW sure about that? Genesis is an Old Testament book one that although read and followed by Christians is not as important as the NEW Testament where you find women like: Mary mother of Jesus, Mary Magdalene, Mary & Martha of Bethany, Lois & Eunice, Dorcas, Lydia of Thyatira, Phoebe, etc...as for Eve and sin well it wasn't "sin" that got Adam and Eve cast out from The Garden of Eden, it was and I know this is a complex thing for a half a commie to understand but it was FREE WILL. You're telling me an all knowing, all seeing, all powerful God would allow for a tree (of what? KNOWLEDGE) to be in the garden on the Earth that he created and he'd specifically tell the creatures he created "Hey don't eat from there or I'll be mad" and that God was caught off guard and didn't see that coming? And you call people naive

"Of course not all Christians are like this but then not all Muslims are, but you are seeming to suggest that only Muslims take their holy books literally"
    Oh but of course #notallmuslims ....According to the Pew polls, and how Muslims responded in those polls YES more Muslims take their book literally. And also, it is worth noting that what is in The Bible differs quite a bit from what is in the Quran and so Christians taking The Bible literally would still be different than Muslims taking the Quran literally.....there's a great deal of nuance to this argument and I would be happy to discuss it further.

"You are very fond of simplistic reductionist arguments because again that is a very American Christian way to look at the world, it's not particularly sophisticated and just goes to show how much like Paul the complete bastard of a Christian that he was, has distorted Christianity to pander to Greek ideas like Logic, being the be all and end all of everything. "

-Personal attack volume 12

"That meant historically all kinds of horrific things like the Catholic inquisition being excused in the name of logic."

And that happened in what years? Because I'm talking about 2017.....what's happening in 2017 Islamic countries Oh that's right, all of the horrible stuff you don't want to address at all.

El Kabong Guest

No not at all. It is what is wrong at the heart of YOUR culture.
    So there we have it....Beanz has said this of Christianity....that'll really put this in perspective

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is a bitter man, a broken man bent over and bent on portraying Christianity as barbaric ahead of Islam, an anachronistic piss take that you just couldnt make the fuck up if you tried.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is a bitter man, a broken man bent over and bent on portraying Christianity as barbaric ahead of Islam, an anachronistic piss take that you just couldnt make the fuck up if you tried.
    That is just you twisting things using your own incredibly negative and frankly mentally ill world view. I'm an optimist and realist. I am not like you and Lyle, ranking cultures and declaring some as better than others, so please stop with the lies and engage with debate. If not please don't post in this thread. Lyles polemic and your constant insistence on doing a 180 on all the issues you previously would have agreed, just to further divisions here on the board, is not helpful.You are living in a country run by a Christian that you are now pretending is running with milk and honey when your own words said quite the opposite not long ago.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Name a time in this country that there was not a Christian president and name a time in your country that there was not a Christian president. You have come undone mate you have gone off the rails you have absolutely come unraveled and unwound and have gotten your knickers in a right twist

You just can't seem to make this stuff up whenever you post. Let's do you go on making it up. You just couldn't if you tried but you do.

El Kabong Guest

That is just you twisting things using your own incredibly negative and frankly mentally ill world view. I'm an optimist and realist. I am not like you and Lyle, ranking cultures and declaring some as better than others, so please stop with the lies and engage with debate. If not please don't post in this thread. Lyles polemic and your constant insistence on doing a 180 on all the issues you previously would have agreed, just to further divisions here on the board, is not helpful.You are living in a country run by a Christian that you are now pretending is running with milk and honey when your own words said quite the opposite not long ago.
    Some cultures ARE better than others, did ya not watch those videos? Did you NOT see women being beaten with sticks/canes? SPOILER ALERT that doesn't happen in the United States, it doesn't happen in the United Kingdom, it doesn't happen in Mexico, it doesn't happen in Canada, it doesn't happen in Sweden or Finland, or Russia or Denmark or France or Belgium or Italy or Switzerland or Austria or Japan or Australia.....it happens in Sudan and Indonesia and Saudi Arabia and YES those cultures are worse than the previously mentioned ones if only for THAT.

Nobody is saying America is perfect....nobody is saying "it's run by a Christian and that makes it perfect"....nobody Beanz, NOBODY is making those arguments.

Those lashings, floggings, whatever you want to call them...that's government, that's religion, that's culture and I disagree with those beatings, I find them vile and beneath thinking, feeling, rational human beings, that is why I rate those cultures lower. I do not understand how you see that and you see America and you think the cultures are equal or you cannot tell the difference if one is better than the other....list pros and cons for fucks sakes, it's a fucking simple thing and you're fighting the very idea, why? I know you could say something like 'Well there is good and bad in every culture, but every culture we can learn something from'....yeah, agreed, BUT I'm saying specifically that shit, the beatings, the floggings, the tossing gays off of rooftops, that's wrong it's wrong that their cultures do that and that's across the board for me....a little tiny bit of humanism, a little bit of that in every culture and then we can agree that you can't tell if one culture is better than another.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must correct Lyle when he says floggings don't happen in US/UK.

They happen, bro.

In MUSLIM COMMUNITIES in US/UK.

El Kabong Guest

I must correct Lyle when he says floggings don't happen in US/UK.

They happen, bro.

In MUSLIM COMMUNITIES in US/UK.
    Ah yes people bringing their CULTURES over

Thread Information