1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd vs Prince Naz

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    another prime example of a mayweather ducking

we'll never know who would have won because there was too much risk of mayweather losing

doesn't that say it all?
    Floyd ducked Duran as well.
    Yeah, bad style match up for Floyd! 😂
    Apparently both Sugar Rays wanted a 3 way tournament to see who the ATG was, but Floyd turned them down because he insisted on being the "A" side!
    Yes I could believe that.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd would've ducked Naz..... just like JMM did.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Well at least I offer something different, even if tongue in cheek.

Naz ducked Marquez will forever be the gospel among boxing fans because he was the WBO manadtory, however, it's a bona-fide fact that Marquez turned down the Naz fight. This is completely ignored though as it doesn't suit the narrative.

The very same fans today that criticise fighters for not facing the best, unifying belts, clearing out divisions, would have criticised Naz back then for facing Marquez. Anyone that "knew" Marquez was an all-time great before he even won a "world" title and was stinking the joint out "losing" to Freddy Norwood is talking bollocks.
    Understand where you're coming from, but the Marquez point , although I'm sure is valid wasn't the case in point it was about Floyd.
    Floyd-Naz was never a viable option, everyone wanted Naz back then solely because of the dough he generated, just like everyone today calls out Floyd. It's the equivalent today of Eubank Jr calling out Floyd for a catchweight fight, regardless of what Jr says nobody expects the fight to happen as Floyd is naturally too small and has nothing to gain from it.

Imagine giving Floyd a 5 inch height, 9 inch reach and weight advantage? Yeah.. forget little Naz, there's not a fighter in history beating Floyd under those conditions.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

another prime example of a mayweather ducking

we'll never know who would have won because there was too much risk of mayweather losing

doesn't that say it all?
    So Floyd ducked Naz now did he? not how I remember it, I've got to say.
    From what I remember , And correct me if I'm wrong, But Floyd wanted Naz, . Naz was Featherweight , Floyd was a Lightweight , which is a 4 Lb difference. Floyd offered to come down 2 Lbs if Naz came up 2 Lbs. Warren said no. Floyd was a young brash up and comer and Warren was protecting the Crown Jewels.
    If I'm wrong , I'm happy to be corrected.
    remember it as you will

suppose it was a similar reason Floyd never fought Mosley when mosley was competitive or why the Floyd v Pac fight was far too late
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, makes total sense. Floyd is gonna wait for Manny to get old even though he's 2 years older than Manny!!
    Come on Eric, hate is ok, we all have it, but don't let it change the historic facts.
    I'm not even saying Naz avoided or ducked Floyd. I'm pretty confident he would've fought him, Naz didn't fear anyone. What I'm saying is that Warren didn't want it in a month of Sundays. High risk, low reward, and nobody can deny that Warren has a long history of protecting his top fighters and their records. Calzaghe springs to mind, and many others.
    Mate, sometimes it's good for the soul to admit you're wrong about something . 😉😂

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, makes total sense. Floyd is gonna wait for Manny to get old even though he's 2 years older than Manny!!
    Come on Eric, hate is ok, we all have it, but don't let it change the historic facts.
    I'm not even saying Naz avoided or ducked Floyd. I'm pretty confident he would've fought him, Naz didn't fear anyone. What I'm saying is that Warren didn't want it in a month of Sundays. High risk, low reward, and nobody can deny that Warren has a long history of protecting his top fighters and their records. Calzaghe springs to mind, and many others.
    Mate, sometimes it's good for the soul to admit you're wrong about something . 😉😂
    Yes, you should try it.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you don't need to play the hate card, I don't hate, i'm not arsed

and manny would fight any one at any time, so then im not sure why the fight of the century didn't happen 5 years earlier

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and manny would fight any one at any time, so then im not sure why the fight of the century didn't happen 5 years earlier
    You're not arsed? You and @Master talk more about Floyd than anyone else on the forum!
    One of the reasons banded round was that he wouldn't take the drug tests . Apparently , according to his trainer needles made him feel bad. But when they eventually fought, he took the tests.
    I don't think that it is unreasonable to drug test someone who started his career as a 7 1/2 stone guy with no apparent punch power and then fought at nearly 50% increased body weight knocking guys out for fun. just saying.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not arsed? You and @Master talk more about Floyd than anyone else on the forum!
    One of the reasons banded round was that he wouldn't take the drug tests . Apparently , according to his trainer needles made him feel bad. But when they eventually fought, he took the tests.
    I don't think that it is unreasonable to drug test someone who started his career as a 7 1/2 stone guy with no apparent punch power and then fought at nearly 50% increased body weight knocking guys out for fun. just saying.
    I don't go on about Floyd more than most mate, I avoid the vast majority of Floyd threads

I opened this because Naz is one of my favourite ever fighters

and if you want to see the needle reason as the reason the fight didn't happen then that's your prerogative, you can do what you wanna do

I for one think the fight didn't happen (as the reason a lot of fights don't happen) was because one of the fighters was afraid of defeat

and I don't think manny was afraid to lose

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't go on about Floyd more than most mate, I avoid the vast majority of Floyd threads

and if you want to see the needle reason as the reason the fight didn't happen then that's your prerogative, you can do what you wanna do

I for one think the fight didn't happen (as the reason a lot of fights don't happen) was because one of the fighters was afraid of defeat

We also subsequently found out that Floyd loves the use of needles himself.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he was afraid to lose, why did Floyd wait till he was in his mid to late thirties to fight him? I'm curious, it doesn't make any sense. Surely Floyd would be MORE worried as he got older and there would be MORE chance of losing?
    Having said that, of course Floyd was afraid to lose, because it has never happened to him! it is indeed that "fear of losing" that ensured that he NEVER EVER LOST!
    Whereas Manny wasn't quite so afraid to lose as he had already lost before. It never hurts as much as the first time.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny is older in boxing years and going up in weight is much harder.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Mate, have you swallowed some shit talk pills because it's coming out all over the forum!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Mate, have you swallowed some shit talk pills because it's coming out all over the forum!
    You can't handle the truth!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this even a real thread?

Pretty Boy Floyd schools Naz faaaaar worse than MAB.

Thread Information