Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Morales tested positive for a banned substance.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    WBC Statement on Morales

"The only authorities on this title fight between the WBC super light champion Danny Garcia and his challenger Erik Morales are the New York State Athletic Commission and the WBC, and the only antidoping rule valid officially for the WBC will be the tests taken either in the dressing room before the fight or after the fight."

Wow, hypocrisy at its finest. So if Morales test clean before and after the fight, they will disregard the random drug test that he failed. Way to go
    If they disregard the testing why would anyone participate in the testing? Why announce a failed test if it's irrelevant?
    I'm beginning to think a national organization is needed to get boxing on track.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Morales tested positive for a banned substance.

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    WBC Statement on Morales

"The only authorities on this title fight between the WBC super light champion Danny Garcia and his challenger Erik Morales are the New York State Athletic Commission and the WBC, and the only antidoping rule valid officially for the WBC will be the tests taken either in the dressing room before the fight or after the fight."

Wow, hypocrisy at its finest. So if Morales test clean before and after the fight, they will disregard the random drug test that he failed. Way to go
    If they disregard the testing why would anyone participate in the testing? Why announce a failed test if it's irrelevant?
    I'm beginning to think a national organization is needed to get boxing on track.

Good luck with that mate, your hearts in the right place.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do we know which substance he did test positive?
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Do we know which substance he did test positive?

No but I have a feeling its going to be furosemide or another diuretic.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How dyou not know, its in all the media reports. Clenbuterol...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Because I didn't yet read boxing news today as I had other things to do so I asked if anybody did read about it in order to save time?
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody knows for sure yet and the B sample wont even be ready until after the fight. The reason people are suggesting that it might be Clenbuterol is because Morales is talking about tainted meat. The same reason given by a bunch of soccer players from the Mexican National tournament and they were acquitted. Apparently over a hundred players in an under 17 tourney in Mexico had the same thing happen so he could get away with it if it turns out to be that diuretic.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Because I didn't yet read boxing news today as I had other things to do so I asked if anybody did read about it in order to save time?
    Save time?

Your on here reading, that takes time!

Anyway, this shows how lazy you are... It says clenbuterol in the link in the very first post of this thread and dont try and say its an update and you didnt see it originally because it said that when I first posted in this thread

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    This even gets better...... Garcia, Morales Make Weight: Barclays Weigh-In Report

Allowed to bring his own scale

I'm starting to see other reports that he is blaming it on Mexican meat which believe it or not has a chance to be given all the roids and shit pumped into cattle.
    At least we get to see the fight, I hope Garcia wrecks him.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    This even gets better...... Garcia, Morales Make Weight: Barclays Weigh-In Report

I'm starting to see other reports that he is blaming it on Mexican meat which believe it or not has a chance to be given all the roids and shit pumped into cattle.
    I don't.

I'm a Morales fan but here's my dilemma. First I do find it hard to believe that Morales would taint his career at this stage. I mean 28 years in the sport. However he was overweight on the first weigh in and then was allowed to bring his own scale so combined with the random test it does stink a little bit. Did he use Clenbuterol because if he got caught he'd have an angle to get out of it or should it actually turn out to be Clenbuterol did he take it innocently through a food source?? Imo he will be acquitted if that's what drug it is because of the 2 precedent setting cases.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a Morales fan but here's my dilemma. First I do find it hard to believe that Morales would taint his career at this stage. I mean 28 years in the sport. However he was overweight on the first weigh in and then was allowed to bring his own scale so combined with the random test it does stink a little bit. Did he use Clenbuterol because if he got caught he'd have an angle to get out of it or should it actually turn out to be Clenbuterol did he take it innocently through a food source?? Imo he will be acquitted if that's what drug it is because of the 2 precedent setting cases.
    I don't per-say have anything against Morales, I'm just not a fan and I don't see anything extra special about him as a fighter. With or without the banned substance, this will be a blow out for Garcia.
    If Morales keeps his word, this will be his last fight, I certainly hope so.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't per-say have anything against Morales, I'm just not a fan and I don't see anything extra special about him as a fighter. With or without the banned substance, this will be a blow out for Garcia.
    I think he's one of the best Jr featherweights/feather that ever lived. 1st ballot hall of famer and deserving so. I watched and embellish his career. You seem to focus on his last three years.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he's one of the best Jr featherweights/feather that ever lived. 1st ballot hall of famer and deserving so. I watched and embellish his career. You seem to focus on his last three years.

You watched his career then told lies about it or exaggerated it?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You watched his career then told lies about it or exaggerated it?
    What are you looking for for a fight behind a keyboard? You call me a liar because I think Morales is a great 122 pounder? Put a sock in it you stunned cunt and this will be my last response to this thread.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It looks like it's been cleared now:
    Morales passes third test; fight appears on

@IamInuit either I'm totally blind or I don't know how to read but nowhere did I read that Morales was allowed to bring his own scale.
    I read he had to weigh in twice but that's about it...

Thread Information