Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder v Fury - Deal almost done for December

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I think with Wilder you need to hit him hard and early. Not sold on Fury's power and composure to do that. He did brilliantly sticking to a master plan with Wlad but I think AJ irons out Wilder early doors, where Fury makes it dangerous the longer he drags it out. He is not in the kind of shape mentally to be disciplined for 12 rounds at the moment IMO.
    I agree but as mark tko said if Fury could pull this off, he would be a genius. This fight against Wilder is not as difficult as going to Germany and beating Wlad. I know it is mad but Fury has done the impossible before.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All this ring rust lark is way over the top, all Fury needs to be is not fat as fuck. It's not like the old days, sparring partners fly into each others camps from all over the world at the mention of a tweet these days.

Fury will school Wilder, his jab/levers/switching are enough to stop "mr cocked right hand" from ever getting "lucky" with an atomic windmill. Ortiz tamed him throwing three jabs per round from a southpaw stance. Fury has fought entire fights as a lefty.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Id heavily favour Fury in this too, Wilders always gonna have a Punchers chance against anyone and an athletic, unpredictable guy nearly the same size (what is Wilder 6ft 7 tall?) Makes this an intruiging matchup for me but I just see Fury completely nullifying everything he tries to bring and fucking his head up by the mid rounds out of pure awkwardness.
    Fury is a fucking nightmare to fight for anyone.
    AJ v Fury for me is a much more closely fought fight.
    This potentially could pan out that Fury scalps Wilder, takes his belt then fights AJ in April 2019 at Wembley.
    Imagine that.... 2 Brits fighting for all the belts in our national stadium in front of 90,000 people. 😎

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

actually Fenster you're right. It's not ring rustness it's fat bastardness

And smash yes can you imagine that - it would be right up there with when Big Frank fought John Emmen at the Albert Hall in 91
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    If the fight was to happen and Fury did win would it be seen as an amazing feat for someone who has only fought 2 bums in 3 years or would people say Wilder was exposed?

I'll have a go at that one too, since I'm answering all Fury-related questions.

Answer is "B", Wilder was exposed.

To expand. If Wilder loses to a "fat fuck" (someone else's description but I like it) with two laughable tuneups "fights" (quotation marks for a reason) after imploding following his horrific win over Wladimir Klitschko and falling off the cliff of professional boxing....................... YEAH............... I'd say with pretty much certainty it was that Wilder was exposed.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    If the fight was to happen and Fury did win would it be seen as an amazing feat for someone who has only fought 2 bums in 3 years or would people say Wilder was exposed?

To expand. If Wilder loses to a "fat fuck" (someone else's description but I like it) with two laughable tuneups "fights" (quotation marks for a reason) after imploding following his horrific win over Wladimir Klitschko and falling off the cliff of professional boxing....................... YEAH............... I'd say with pretty much certainty it was that Wilder was exposed.
    If Fury pulled this off then you do have to give him some credit, and it was me that called him that.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

If Fury pulled this off then you do have to give him some credit, and it was me that called him that.

Very little, and I've seen it said by others too.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But on the flipside of that if a big fat fuck with only 2 easy tune up fights coming off a 3 year drink, drug and depression problem, losing 7 stone along the way does beat Wilder on US soil, does that not make him an excellent fighter?
    I think Wilder is too fast and athletic to not land some massive right hands on Fury at times and Fury ain't exactly a hard hitter who's power makes an opponent think twice about attacking him, it's his freakish height, reach and slippery awkward style that gets him results.
    Furys chin is still a bit suspect when it boils down to it and if Wilder is able to land his right hand Furys in trouble.
    It's a great mix of fucked up wild styles that intruiges me as a fan.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

But on the flipside of that if a big fat fuck with only 2 easy tune up fights coming off a 3 year drink, drug and depression problem, losing 7 stone along the way does beat Wilder on US soil, does that not make him an excellent fighter?
    I think Wilder is too fast and athletic to not land some massive right hands on Fury at times and Fury ain't exactly a hard hitter who's power makes an opponent think twice about attacking him, it's his freakish height, reach and slippery awkward style that gets him results.
    Furys chin is still a bit suspect when it boils down to it and if Wilder is able to land his right hand Furys in trouble.

I don't think that makes him an excellent fighter, just like his win over Wlad I didn't think meant Fury was an excellent fighter either. Awkward, yes. Wily, yes. Savvy, yes. Fury beat Wlad by getting into his head (not that Wlad needed much help on that..... he had been "Timid Wlad" for over a decade, thanks to Emmanuel Steward's Bambi defense coaching). But back to Wilder. Wilder is fast and athletic... yes. Huge puncher, too. So obviously Fury would get his due credit for doing what AJ is obviously not willing to do..... travel to the U.S. and beating Wilder in his own backyard. But would that make him an excellent fighter? IMO, no. Wilder is fast and athletic, but tremendously RAW. If he was anything close to being a classic boxer with passable boxing skills.... he'd be undefeated until age 50. Nobody would touch him. But couple Wilder's rawness with Fury's awkwardness and savvy..... and you've got a recipe for success, provided Fury doesn't get tagged. I'll agree with your last sentence, though. It IS a great mix of fucked up wild styles.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

I don't think that makes him an excellent fighter, just like his win over Wlad I didn't think meant Fury was an excellent fighter either. Awkward, yes. Wily, yes. Savvy, yes. Fury beat Wlad by getting into his head (not that Wlad needed much help on that..... he had been "Timid Wlad" for over a decade, thanks to Emmanuel Steward's Bambi defense coaching). But back to Wilder. Wilder is fast and athletic... yes. Huge puncher, too. So obviously Fury would get his due credit for doing what AJ is obviously not willing to do..... travel to the U.S. and beating Wilder in his own backyard. But would that make him an excellent fighter? IMO, no. Wilder is fast and athletic, but tremendously RAW. If he was anything close to being a classic boxer with passable boxing skills.... he'd be undefeated until age 50. Nobody would touch him. But couple Wilder's rawness with Fury's awkwardness and savvy..... and you've got a recipe for success, provided Fury doesn't get tagged. I'll agree with your last sentence, though. It IS a great mix of fucked up wild styles.
    Maybe not excellent fighter but certainly an exceptional fighter.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are people seriously picking Fury to win this? Fury is so overrated it’s ridiculous. If this was right after the Wlad fight, I would be 50/50. Now, as @TitoFan said, it would just be a complete implosion by Wilder if he lost. Wilder has proven to have stamina to last 12 rounds. No way Fury can last down the stretch if it even got that far.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IF Fury did pull this off, and IF he beat AJ , there’s one thing above all that I would look forward to........yes,
    THE RETURN OF @ross!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Are people seriously picking Fury to win this? Fury is so overrated it’s ridiculous. If this was right after the Wlad fight, I would be 50/50. Now, as @TitoFan said, it would just be a complete implosion by Wilder if he lost. Wilder has proven to have stamina to last 12 rounds. No way Fury can last down the stretch if it even got that far.
    I agree but if he did it it would be an amazing acheivment.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury is making a big mistake, he won't be ready for Wilder in November

Fury needs to first fight several decent journeymen to get back into his best fighting shape before going in with Wilder or Joshua!

After his massive weight gain, depression and long period of inactivity, he shouldn't fight someone like Wilder until at least the summer of 2019, especially not in Las Vegas with it's dodgy referees and judges.

I realize Wilder is far from invincible. If Fury waits until he's back into his top form, he's sure to win. But November 2018 is too soon, he's going to very likely ruin his chances of getting back to the top of the heavyweight division.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I agree but if he did it it would be an amazing acheivment.
    IF he could beat Wilder then it would be the best decision of his life. If not, I think he goes back into his depression and quits boxing again.

Thread Information