Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mayweather, Duran and De La Hoya - Time to clear things up!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather, Duran and De La Hoya - Time to clear things up!!!

After watching the fight in the early hours of this morning and then watching it again on the repeat, i think it's fair to say it was a very very close fight.

We had two very different approaches, Floyd was picking shots and Oscar was the aggressor.

Now I must say I was a complete neutral on this fight and I'd been watching the HBO 24/7 programme before the fight and I have respect for both fighters in different ways.

Anyway, my verdict on the decision is yes it was very close but I would have given the split decision to Oscar. Both had different approaches and both fighters work was "scuffed" I mean Oscar threw alot with a fair bit missing the target but equally Floyd hit alot of his punches onto the gloves of De La Hoya.

But I must go with that Oscar was the champion and Floyd the challenger, and it's been said many times that sometimes the challenger has to go and get the title, in this case it was given to the challenger.

I don't think Floyd done enough to win, a draw possibilly but not a win, if I had to be the deciding judge I would have gone with Oscar.

Now you're thinking what has the great Roberto Duran got to do with this topic?

Well over the past year or so I've read alot of debates about Mayweather v Duran etc etc.

To put it simply Mayweather would NEVER beat Duran both in their primes of course.

I'm not bothered with all this debating, yes Floyd Mayweather is a good fighter/boxer, but he would NEVER have lived with a prime Duran.

Think of it like this, De La Hoya gave Floyd preassure which let me be fair, Floyd wasn't a 100% confortable with.

Duran would have been like a surgeon, he would have given him double of what Oscar's preasure was and it would have non-stop for 12 rounds or 15 rounds.

Duran TKO 11th or Duran TKO 14th!!!

an finally to end with, Floyd is a very good boxer but I believe he didn't do enough to get the decision agianst Oscar!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather, Duran and De La Hoya - Time to clear things up!!!

I have no respect for Mayweather, I believe a real fighter is the one who step into the ring and give the heart to prove that is the best. He only ran liked a chicken, people likes to see real fights. Boxing has lost respect because of performance like Mayweather. I agreed that Duran is a superior fighter and the Mayweather will be just a good boxer.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chola93
    I have no respect for Mayweather, I believe a real fighter is the one who step into the ring and give the heart to prove that is the best. He only ran liked a chicken, people likes to see real fights. Boxing has lost respect because of performance like Mayweather. I agreed that Duran is a superior fighter and the Mayweather will be just a good boxer.
    There couldn't of been more a perfect time to make your 1st post
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie
    Quote Originally Posted by Chola93
    There couldn't of been more a perfect time to make your 1st post
    Haha..Love it when somebody does that
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mayweather is not a good boxer, imo he is a great boxer, not nessicerrily fighter but the best BOXER since sugar ray, if not better. he is right to be in tears after being critisized for the baldo fight, he fought it perfectly. i gave the fight to mayweather v de la hoya by 2 rounds, but even if he had come out the loser that wouldnt change the fact that he is undoubtedly a fantasic boxer, with jus a gooda boxing brain as anyone else out there in the game

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Realitycheck77
    After watching the fight in the early hours of this morning and then watching it again on the repeat, i think it's fair to say it was a very very close fight.

We had two very different approaches, Floyd was picking shots and Oscar was the aggressor.

Now I must say I was a complete neutral on this fight and I'd been watching the HBO 24/7 programme before the fight and I have respect for both fighters in different ways.

Anyway, my verdict on the decision is yes it was very close but I would have given the split decision to Oscar. Both had different approaches and both fighters work was "scuffed" I mean Oscar threw alot with a fair bit missing the target but equally Floyd hit alot of his punches onto the gloves of De La Hoya.

But I must go with that Oscar was the champion and Floyd the challenger, and it's been said many times that sometimes the challenger has to go and get the title, in this case it was given to the challenger.

I don't think Floyd done enough to win, a draw possibilly but not a win, if I had to be the deciding judge I would have gone with Oscar.

Now you're thinking what has the great Roberto Duran got to do with this topic?

Well over the past year or so I've read alot of debates about Mayweather v Duran etc etc.

To put it simply Mayweather would NEVER beat Duran both in their primes of course.

I'm not bothered with all this debating, yes Floyd Mayweather is a good fighter/boxer, but he would NEVER have lived with a prime Duran.

Think of it like this, De La Hoya gave Floyd preassure which let me be fair, Floyd wasn't a 100% confortable with.

Duran would have been like a surgeon, he would have given him double of what Oscar's preasure was and it would have non-stop for 12 rounds or 15 rounds.

Duran TKO 11th or Duran TKO 14th!!!

an finally to end with, Floyd is a very good boxer but I believe he didn't do enough to get the decision agianst Oscar!!
    First off Oscar missed loads of his shots check punchstats Oscar missed all his combos and he was ahead at one point but lost all later rounds and lost fight 116-113 on my card and Mayweather would beat Duran he always struggled with fast fighters like Mayweather and he would lose a decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I was hoping for a more exciting fight here, and I'd have been just as happy to wait for the HBO freebie instead of buying it.

It had its moments, kinda like Oscar did until he quit using his jab.

Mayweather seemed to be all evasion. Don't get me wrong I like the Ali stick and move kinda fighter but at least Ali could do damage.

Thread Information