Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Castro is dead

Some are dead because of Castro, but I find it ironic that those who imposed sanctions seem blind to just how many people have been killed since ww2 by their own regime. I know I would feel safer getting medical care in Cuba. Uninsured people in the US wait for their tumors to grow as they cannot afford treatment. Probably best to study in Cuba than graduate with 100000 dollars of debt.

Cuba has its good side in the face of adversity and that is getting lost in the mainstream coverage.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Some are dead because of Castro, but I find it ironic that those who imposed sanctions seem blind to just how many people have been killed since ww2 by their own regime. I know I would feel safer getting medical care in Cuba. Uninsured people in the US wait for their tumors to grow as they cannot afford treatment. Probably best to study in Cuba than graduate with 100000 dollars of debt.

Cuba has its good side in the face of adversity and that is getting lost in the mainstream coverage.
    Miles I'm not looking to fight. Sanctions were placed for good reasons at the time. If Fidel had been able to give a bit to his people sanctions could have been lifted to he pissed of South America by trying to depose rulers and in still commies. The fact the man tried to get the nuclear bombs going while Kennedy and kruschev were avoiding war says all that needs to be said. His little country would have been nuked and he was willing to kill his entire people to make his point. Miles, I'm not looking to argue. He created civil war in poor countries some are still going on till this day. But he did kiss a baby once so I guess it's ok

El Kabong Guest

I had a lovely Cuban dinner last night....a Cubano sandwich, a Cuba Libre, some fried plantains, some yucca, and a coconut flan and the best part about it was the fact that Fidel wasn't enjoying those same things that very day.

Castro made Cuba worse off, there is absolutely no denying that.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me try to understand something. The U.S. have sanction on Cuba but not China or Vietnam? Castro was a hero to many third world people seeking justice. Thank you for not being a slave or a puppet of the U.S. slave master. R.I.P.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    My family is Cuban (I was born in Ft. Lauderdale), initially supported Castro when he overthrew Batista (who was very corrupt), but then ended up fleeing the country and opposing Castro. My Grandfather (and most great uncles...etc., of that generation), where part of the Bay of Pigs debacle, were captured and sent to prison. There are always two sides to every story, and I always try to look at things in a detached/unbiased way (my grandfather owned the largest department store in Havana, so while he lost everything, many of the poor people gained something). A few thoughts I have on Castro:

1. Obviously a very smart man, and very brave for making multiple attempts to overthrow a corrupt regime (was exiled for a previous attempt when he and Raul threw together their "raiding party".
    2. Extremely charismatic and a phenomenal public speaker.
    3. Completely full of shit and 100% committed to nothing but his own power. Read Che's story and see the hypocrisy of Castro once in power. Che was a lot of things, but that man was no hypocrite and a true believer in Communism. Castro was an opportunist.
    4. Hard to say Castro was successful as a leader at all looking at the conditions in Cuba today. I can't see anyone saying Cuba flourished or had great conditions at any point under his reign.

Great insight! Thanks!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Walrus where do you get Castro wanted WW3? He did not cause the bay of pigs. USA also supported countries in South America.

Stop being a hypocrite.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    @Master over the past 30 years here in New York City and New Jersey I have met hundreds literally 100s of Cubans who fled in 1959 after Castro seized their shoe stores, jewelry businesses, silversmith shops, bakeries, convenience stores and bank accounts. Florida and NY/NJ are packed with Cubans who fled in '59.

How dare you say Castro was good and important. I have lived here with these people firsthand. Union City, NJ ALONE has over 25,000 Cubans.
    So what about the millions that stayed loyal to the country and were proud of Cuba? You only experienced one side.
    and how many sides did you experience? @Master p.s. they are DYING ON RAFTS TO GET OUT OF THERE. "Stayed loyal" how about "trapped"! @Gandalf why dont you just move to Pyongyang you communist shill? @walrus sick 'em JC! SICK 'EM!!!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are many south americans wanting to leave their country and go to the USA. Does that mean their government are murderers?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are many south americans wanting to leave their country and go to the USA. Does that mean their government are murderers?
    I don't welcome any of them. Unless they come legally. But you've changed the topic. Cubans were escaping a brutal tyrant. No South American president is a brutal tyrant unless you count that jackass who is currently running Venezuela.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

Miles I'm not looking to fight. Sanctions were placed for good reasons at the time. If Fidel had been able to give a bit to his people sanctions could have been lifted to he pissed of South America by trying to depose rulers and in still commies. The fact the man tried to get the nuclear bombs going while Kennedy and kruschev were avoiding war says all that needs to be said. His little country would have been nuked and he was willing to kill his entire people to make his point. Miles, I'm not looking to argue. He created civil war in poor countries some are still going on till this day. But he did kiss a baby once so I guess it's ok
    The US was encircling Russia with nukes as they are doing today. It was logical to respond with the same in kind at the US. You cannot have double standards.

How many countries has the US occupied and destroyed? It makes a mockery of any Cuban involvement. The US is the worlds leading arms trader by war.

The sanctions made Cuba even poorer, but even then when it came to human rights such as health care and education it set an example and made a mockery of the money motivator that is the US system.

Castro did a lot of good and you do not see that in the warped US coverage.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Master over the past 30 years here in New York City and New Jersey I have met hundreds literally 100s of Cubans who fled in 1959 after Castro seized their shoe stores, jewelry businesses, silversmith shops, bakeries, convenience stores and bank accounts. Florida and NY/NJ are packed with Cubans who fled in '59.

How dare you say Castro was good and important. I have lived here with these people firsthand. Union City, NJ ALONE has over 25,000 Cubans.
    So what about the millions that stayed loyal to the country and were proud of Cuba? You only experienced one side.
    and how many sides did you experience? @Master p.s. they are DYING ON RAFTS TO GET OUT OF THERE. "Stayed loyal" how about "trapped"! @Gandalf why dont you just move to Pyongyang you communist shill? @walrus sick 'em JC! SICK 'EM!!!
    Not an argument. Plus you seldom care about people fleeing on rafts.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Master these story's come from castros own people and Russians speaking out years later. Castro did not want the ussr removing the nukes from Cuba and urged the ussr to launch them rather than submit to the us blockade. I'm not making this up, we were very close to ww3 during the Cuban missle crisis during the Kennedy regime

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Let me try to understand something. The U.S. have sanction on Cuba but not China or Vietnam? Castro was a hero to many third world people seeking justice. Thank you for not being a slave or a puppet of the U.S. slave master. R.I.P.
    When did China or Vietnam aim nukes at us?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Exactly. Biggest trading partner with Communist, sweat shop extraordinaire, China (Tibetan freedom anyone), yet Cuba under Castro was just so big and bad. Incredible double standards.

Castro had his faults and the regime did things wrong, but you have to laugh when you listen to the MSM. Corbyn and Putin had it right in their appraisals of Castro.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    My family is Cuban (I was born in Ft. Lauderdale), initially supported Castro when he overthrew Batista (who was very corrupt), but then ended up fleeing the country and opposing Castro. My Grandfather (and most great uncles...etc., of that generation), where part of the Bay of Pigs debacle, were captured and sent to prison. There are always two sides to every story, and I always try to look at things in a detached/unbiased way (my grandfather owned the largest department store in Havana, so while he lost everything, many of the poor people gained something). A few thoughts I have on Castro:

1. Obviously a very smart man, and very brave for making multiple attempts to overthrow a corrupt regime (was exiled for a previous attempt when he and Raul threw together their "raiding party".
    2. Extremely charismatic and a phenomenal public speaker.
    3. Completely full of shit and 100% committed to nothing but his own power. Read Che's story and see the hypocrisy of Castro once in power. Che was a lot of things, but that man was no hypocrite and a true believer in Communism. Castro was an opportunist.
    4. Hard to say Castro was successful as a leader at all looking at the conditions in Cuba today. I can't see anyone saying Cuba flourished or had great conditions at any point under his reign.

Good post. You want the real lowdown on Castro? Ask the Cubans, who are the most qualified to speak on the man. Everything else is speculation.

Thread Information