Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bizzare Ortiz interview after the fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiLrH...layer_embedded

Wow that has to be the weirdest interview I have ever seen, some really confusing comments. This guy shouldnt be in boxing if there his views. This guys style is beating fighters up with really intense attacks and he comes out with he doesnt deserve to beat up like this??

Also i found the " im not going out on my back" remark odd, so in a warrior sport like Boxing quitting is the best way to go out??

Just found his whole attitude weird for a 22 year old kid who has had it so hard in life and is so talanted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bizzare Ortiz interview after the fight

Let me beat the crap out of you for 15 minutes and than we will have someone interview you immediately after and see what you have to say. Give the guy a break.....

He is young and was in a rough fight, lets see how he handles himself over the next couple months leading into another fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He really is very laid back.Really saw that after the win over Arnaoutis.Sounded like he was chiefing?In contrast how he fights in the ring.In the build up piece he was dropping F!!! this and f!!!! that when speaking on his father.Hes a kid who was put on a pedestal then abruptly knocked off.Too early to completely throw him aside.Time will tell.Need to slow him down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the kid was obviously upset, i think he was just in shock at the loss, hell probably look back at that interview and think he could of said a few things differently if he had more time to get himself together. hell come again, a loss aint the end of the road

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    the kid was obviously upset, i think he was just in shock at the loss, hell probably look back at that interview and think he could of said a few things differently if he had more time to get himself together. hell come again, a loss aint the end of the road
    Agreed.If they all stopped after an early loss...or two we would not have some of the greats of years past.Who really knows?I think he spoke a kernel of truth when he said that all through training camp he was so focused and believing that he could knock him out.

Sometimes that early and often KO success can leave huge questions to be answered down the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Agreed.If they all stopped after an early loss...or two we would not have some of the greats of years past.Who really knows?I think he spoke a kernel of truth when he said that all through training camp he was so focused and believing that he could knock him out.

Sometimes that early and often KO success can leave huge questions to be answered down the road.
    exactly mate, i think a loss can be a blessing in disguise, it just depends on how ortiz deals with it.hes definately talented enough to have a great career

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just noticed how much he talks like Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    good point

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good point
    You know what I mean, saying ALL the right things and smiling all the time. Looks a bit forced

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TRIGGERMAN View Post
    Hmmm... bizzare?.. huh? What?! C'mon now. Well atleast he was courteously enough to accept an interview and be humble and didn't blame anybody aside himself for the defeat. Ortiz is a real nice guy compare to Angulo. Angulo acted like a total dick when he lost.

Yes bizzare Like i said ive never seen a fighter react like that before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good point
    You know what I mean, saying ALL the right things and smiling all the time. Looks a bit forced
    Too much of a goody two shoe as long as it's genuine is much better than arrogance.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe it's just his laid back, polite attitude he exudes and some of us are reading too much into it; like he's quitting the sport. I can't possibly think this kat, after all he's been through in his personal life and the challenges of becoming a player in this sport, is going to just say "the hell with this". Surely he knew he would face more adversity as he climbed the ranks and wasn't naive enough to think he would go unbeaten forever, or at the least seriously tested.

If he is having a change of heart after one beating{which I might add he was dishing it out as well, it wasn't one way}then I hope he takes off. Being in the position he was in last night, with a guy who was gonna kill him to win and the spotlight position of his 1st headliner{plus getting beaten up on} I could see him saying "whoahh, my face is f#cked up, I don't know if I can win this fight and this pressure is getting to me" and having enough for the night; lose a battle but not the war. IF he's ready to take the train out of the sport because he can't take what he dishes out after one fight, than f#ck him. That was a fight he could have made his bones on, win or lose, as it could have been a contender for fight of the year had it gone the distance.

I'm saying I could forgive him for quitting one fight if he felt he didn't have any more left that night; but not for tucking tail and running from the sport he seemingly was passionate about, because he didn't like getting hit more than his alloted quota allowed for.

Well who knows what Ortiz is gonna' do; in the end all the speculation means diddly and we'll find out soon enough where his mind is really at.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like I said in the quiter thread

I think it was smart of him to say he shouldnt be taking punishment or get beat up that way. Max Kellerman is an idiot for trying to put a negative spin on it saying he didn't wanna go out on his shield when thats not at all what he said. He said he would never end a fight on his back and would stay in there. That means he wants to fight it out and just lay on the canvas knocked out. And when he said he shouldnt be getting beat up like that he didn't mean he didn't want to be a boxer because he got hurt, he meant that he should have been fighting his fight and boxing rather then fighting the other guys fight and taking unnessesary punishment. But I wouldnt expect Max to understand that
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good point
    yeah i do see it, they look like there tryin to turn him into the next odlh, cowcash sort of thing. i just hope they dont rush him too quick in the process,we seen what can happen with vargas right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Like I said in the quiter thread

I think it was smart of him to say he shouldnt be taking punishment or get beat up that way. Max Kellerman is an idiot for trying to put a negative spin on it saying he didn't wanna go out on his shield when thats not at all what he said. He said he would never end a fight on his back and would stay in there. That means he wants to fight it out and just lay on the canvas knocked out. And when he said he shouldnt be getting beat up like that he didn't mean he didn't want to be a boxer because he got hurt, he meant that he should have been fighting his fight and boxing rather then fighting the other guys fight and taking unnessesary punishment. But I wouldnt expect Max to understand that
    fukk max kellerman i hate these no it all commentaters, who condem fighters, when they never even stepped in a ring, id love to see that worm get smashed up in a fight and then see what his response would be

Thread Information