Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've sent boxing news an angry email!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I've sent boxing news an angry email!

Gavin Evans is an ass clown. I've just read his 'feature' in this weeks Boxing News magazine.

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/issue.asp?iss=34&id=98

(you can't really read it, but you get the general idea)

So whilst reading it my blood was boiling at the amount of bum-love this guy has for Junior Witter.

So here's my response...

-------------------------------------------

I feel i must reply to Gavin Evans feature (regarding Hatton 'ducking' Witter). While i agree that the fight should be made, i disagree with Gavin Evan's logic. His logic was basically: Because Mayweather fought Hatton after Hatton made a negative remark about him on HBO, Hatton should take a leaf out of Mayweather's book and oblige Junior Witter. Seems logical...

But here's why i disagree (for now)

Hatton had publicly been saying he had the style to beat Mayweather since June 2005 (when he beat Kostya Tszyu). However he wasn't derogatory about anything he said. He went over to Atlantic City to co-commentate on the Mayweather -Gatti fight later in the month. He was clearly pushing for the fight.

Mayweather looked awesome in destroying Gatti and by now Hatton and Mayweather we're the hottest fighters at 140. Forget Miguel Cotto because he was mixing with the likes of Mohammed Abdulaev.

So what happened next? Hatton decided to go for another title (WBA - Maussa) which would have given him more bargaining power for the Mayweather fight. Unfortunately at the time, Mayweather moved up to 147 and beat Sharmba Mitchell.

So what happened next? Hatton (under different circumstances) moved up to 147 to fight for another title (WBA - Collazo). Mayweather (after beating Zab) took the Baldomir fight and then went up to 154 for the super-fight with Oscar.

All the time Hatton had been declaring how he had the style to beat Mayweather. Still Mayweather didn't show much interest.

Now was Mayweather ducking Hatton like Hatton is supposedly ducking Mayweather? Hell no! All he was doing was waiting for Hatton to make a big enough name for himself in America for the fight to become much more lucrative. Hatton then went on to KO common opponent Castillo and then he made the remark about Mayweather, live on HBO. Even then, he only commented on Mayweather's excitement factor (or lack of). Hatton had now established himself as a big name in America and that's all that Floyd was waiting for.

Basically that's what Hatton is doing with Witter. Although Witter's stock has risen, DeMarcus Corley was far attached from 'world class' (his next 2 fights suggest this). Vivian Harris is also not world class, regardless of what Gavin Evans will have you believe. I actually stopped taking the article seriously when Gavin went on to claim that Harris (in some American's eye's) was the best in the division. On what basis? Looking awful in beating Juan Lazcano? Looking equally as bad in beating blown up lightweight Stevie Johnston. The only reason he beat Johnston was because of the huge advantage he had size wise add that to the fact that Stevie Johnston was well past his best. Add that to the fact that he got ko'd by Carlos Maussa who can only be described as the oddest thing i've ever seen in a boxing ring.

I just found it ridiculous how Evan's could be so positive about fighters like N'dou, Kotelnik, Corley and Harris (because Witter had beaten them) and then in the same article ridicule Malignaggi, Torres and Juan Diaz.

So to conclude the rant, i would like to say that i am 100% sure Hatton will fight Witter once Witter can prove he has the drawing power in the UK, maybe even in the US. All that the American's remember about him is how he struggled over the finish line against N'dou and how he refused to engage Zab Judah. I suggest Witter get's himself over to America to fight Paulie Malignaggi or maybe even a belt holder at 147 because he seriously needs to raise is profile for HBO and Hatton's camp to be interested. Only then will Witter get his dream fight, because right now that fight offers too much risk and no reward for Hatton. Witter is a stylistic nightmare for anybody and Hatton's camp know this. Hatton won't take this fight until Witter is a big name along the lines of Juan Diaz, or until he has made his money fighting Pacman and Diaz if and when they both move up.

Sorry for the rant, great mag, keep it up!

Jonny Harrison, Leeds

-------------------------------------------------

i doubt they will print it because it is too long

http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I've sent boxing news an angry email!

Evans is right. It's about time Hatton stopped ducking Witter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You really don't like British fighters VD do you Calzaghe will own Hopkins ass and I will then own you for a week

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You really don't like British fighters VD do you Calzaghe will own Hopkins ass and I will then own you for a week
    Just like Hatton owned Mayweather, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton needs to just make thefight a title holder at 140 is better than a fight v urango!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big wow he lost to the best and can't be acused for ducking unlike some Yanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a big Hatton fan but IMO its time the witter fight happened.

I cringe when I here that Hatton is not interested in fighting him for what ever reason.Sounds a bit like Bowe when he avoided Lewis.

I agree that in the past Hatton had bigger fish to fry but now is the right time to fight JW.
    Balls

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didnt think he was ducking him , but now im having second thoughts
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive had nothing but hate for Evans ever since he did an article on James Toney regarding his legacy.Him and that Kevin A-Hole fella need shooting
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude,he just came off a fight where he got his a$$ KTFO,how can anyone know if he's ducking when noone knows if he's even clear to train
    Alot of commisions put you on 2 months no contact before you can even spar,does anybody who writes about this sport,know a damned thing about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is THE fight that the British boxing public want to see & if made I am sure would draw more than Haye v Macca staged at a time to suit home fight fans & not at some ungodly hour to keep the yanks happy who don't give a toss anyway if left to long one or both will lose then it won't draw breath there is an old saying strike while the iron is hot & it's hot alright Come on Warren stop fking about

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimafee
    Ive had nothing but hate for Evans ever since he did an article on James Toney regarding his legacy.Him and that Kevin A-Hole fella need shooting
    aha

I made a thread on here about that james Toney article. At the time i wasn't up on Toney, but rather than take Evan's word for it i decided to ask my fellow saddonians. So i put the article in the thread and it got an angry response.

Going back to the Hatton article.....don't get me wrong, he should fight Witter (and he will). He just aint fighting him yet because it has the potential to be a super-fight. Witter needs to further raise his stock in order for this to happen. Hatton aint guna go in with the trickiest fighter out there while the reward is so little. especially not when he take money spinning fights with the likes of Juan Diaz and Pacman further down the road. He's not going to put them potential fights in danger.....because let's face it, if he was to get ko'd by Witter, Hatton would be done.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ono you owe me a from the game yesterday

Thread Information