Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Big larry o tests positives for steriods

If you could tell anyone was on roids , it was him . Think he should be charged with assaults with the ko's he had in the ring . What's diffrence in say striking someone with a blunt instrument or putting on say 50 kg of steriod muscle and punching someone

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Big larry o tests positives for steriods

Steroids?!?!?! Really I am just shocked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought it was chicken and carrot juice , but he's admitted taking 13 different substances. All the money he spent on that and John McDermott a man that really watches what he eats and lives the life of an athlete sparks him out in one .

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trecco bay View Post
    I thought it was chicken and carrot juice , but he's admitted taking 13 different substances. All the money he spent on that and John McDermott a man that really watches what he eats and lives the life of an athlete sparks him out in one .
    Yeah, McDermott didn't even have to earn his pint that night

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's the worst advert for drugs cheating ever.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If there ever was anyone who was on roids, he was the stereotype.

Steroids obviously do nothing for your chin.

Big Mac only ate takeaway food in preparation and still had KO power.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

4 year ban for big larry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good cheating scumbag

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Steroids?!?!?! Really I am just shocked
    What's wrong with you Lyle, he just said his prayers and took his vitamins.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exclusive - 'A large minority of boxers are doping' says drug cheat Larry Olubamiwo | BoxRecNews

Posting at 3.45am, Olubamiwo wrote: "i felt i owed to the forum to say a few words when it wasnt busy as i dont wanna argue with anyone or create any bad feelings. yes i had been doping for 6 years but for most of u guys to think my opponents were not because of their physiques is quite ridiculous.

"although i will not mention any names the majority of the boxers u all love so dear are on stuff, fact and this is from me talking to them, seeing them buy stuff or talking to their training personnel. Cheating is when u are the only prson doing something and since i know that i wasnt the only person doing it, it cant be defined as cheating.

"a large minority if not majority of boxers are doping and the naivity of the public to think that mine is an isolated case is staggering. Also i am so surprised that i get so much stick but the guys i look up to in the sport like roy jones, shane moseley and james toney who have all been caught dont get as much stick.

"Also lets not forget the holyfield incident with evan fields story, vargas and even mayweather using banned painkillers. if u hate me for doping fine, but then be prepared to hate all ur fav boxers and indeed athletes.

"I appreciate the support I got from this forum and thats why i am coming on here and telling u this. Also i will not hide away as that is not my style and i will be back in boxing when the ban ends like it or not. Walk a mile in my shoes b4 u judge me."

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with him unfortunately I think it would be easier to name the top fighters who arent taking anything.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    Exclusive - 'A large minority of boxers are doping' says drug cheat Larry Olubamiwo | BoxRecNews

Posting at 3.45am, Olubamiwo wrote: "i felt i owed to the forum to say a few words when it wasnt busy as i dont wanna argue with anyone or create any bad feelings. yes i had been doping for 6 years but for most of u guys to think my opponents were not because of their physiques is quite ridiculous.

"although i will not mention any names the majority of the boxers u all love so dear are on stuff, fact and this is from me talking to them, seeing them buy stuff or talking to their training personnel. Cheating is when u are the only prson doing something and since i know that i wasnt the only person doing it, it cant be defined as cheating.

"a large minority if not majority of boxers are doping and the naivity of the public to think that mine is an isolated case is staggering. Also i am so surprised that i get so much stick but the guys i look up to in the sport like roy jones, shane moseley and james toney who have all been caught dont get as much stick.

"Also lets not forget the holyfield incident with evan fields story, vargas and even mayweather using banned painkillers. if u hate me for doping fine, but then be prepared to hate all ur fav boxers and indeed athletes.

"I appreciate the support I got from this forum and thats why i am coming on here and telling u this. Also i will not hide away as that is not my style and i will be back in boxing when the ban ends like it or not. Walk a mile in my shoes b4 u judge me."
    I do want to say as his friend I don't think he thought about that statement before writing it, emotions are obviously still running high for him. It didn't come across well or as he intended.

He did follow it up with this :

"I wasn't suggesting I havn't done wrong I was just letting you guys know what my mindframe was at the time. accept I have done wrong but also want everyone to see the reality of all sports. I accept two wrongs don't make a right and if it felt Like my two posts were made to justify my actions then I apologise for that. I accept I have done wrong and will accept my punishment accordingly.
    I wanted u guys to realise that its one rule for one and another rule for another with the roy jones, shane moseley and james toney situations. For instance James Toney has tested positive twice for steroids and if that was me I would have been banned for life now but somehow he is or was still boxing. So until this sort of thing is addressed, it will go on. Shane moseley has been known to use and doesn't get a ban. Same thing. Again I apologise to u guys for letting u down and thank you ofr the support."

I'm not justifying any of what Larry has done - You pay to play and he is paying for his choice now. I will say that the media has sensationalised the shit out of it with the whole "13 different Peds"..I spoke with Larry last night and I'd say nearly half of the 13 things are definitely not "performance enhancing".

I don't know..I will obviously have a skewed perspective of this as he is a friend and I know he is a good person.

Yepp, I fully expect the sarcasm "A good person who takes Peds and tries to batter people in the ring?" but if you ever had a friend in a similar situation, you'd understand. I guess upon reading the article, I just thought to myself "This isn't Larry who they're describing" but you guys make your own minds up.

Also, some of the names he mentioned to me that the doping agency are keeping tabs on regarding juicing would blow your minds!!

I do agree that people like Mosley, Toney, Vargas, Roy Jones, Holyfield got away scott free and some will even have a place in the hall of fame one day..Where as Larry the British level fighter gets made a huge example of. That's unfair but then again so is life.

Overall, don't misunderstand. I feel the 4 year ban is justified but if they want this to be fair across the board, there needs to be a standard. Randomly testing certain fighters just isn't good enough.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trecco bay View Post
    If you could tell anyone was on roids , it was him . Think he should be charged with assaults with the ko's he had in the ring . What's diffrence in say striking someone with a blunt instrument or putting on say 50 kg of steriod muscle and punching someone
    Don't be a complete imbecile - Do you even understand what 50kg of solid muscle would look like? Even IFBB pro bodybuilders have barely added 50kg of lean muscle to their frames. Imagine 50kg's of lean steak..that's a huge amount.

You assume Larry would be a stick insect without it. Larry is naturally a very big man who's physique never really changes. I doubt he took anything for the purposes of muscle building.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow, 4 years is an pretty harsh punishment.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Wow, 4 years is an pretty harsh punishment.
    I think they found like 13 banned substances in his sample.

"Performance enhancers" can be all kinds of things, but at heavyweight I'm really not buying into him using diuretics like fighters who have to make a certain weight. When "PEDS" are mentioned for a heavyweight everyone's first thought is steroids and rightly so judging by the looks of Larry. It is also beneficial to realize that some PEDs are used to relieve pain after workouts and help the body recover quickly therefore insuring the fighter gets the most out of his training camp.

I'm not all that pleased with Larry's response, pointing the finger at other boxers and not naming names or producing evidence. Sure he called out Mosley, Roy Jones Jr, Holyfield, & Toney but he didn't mention any current fighters of whom he says "a large minority" are using PED's

Thread Information