Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Question Champ Or What.!

Do any of you think Degale, has it to be a World Champion,! I find watching him can be frustrating when
    he has a opponent going, he goes into defensive moad counter punching.
    He spends to much time on the ropes, he has talent but he fights in spurts is he idle or just loves
    to admire his work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Champ Or What.!

I was very impressed with his early work in the fight yesterday. Yes, he has a habit of switching off, but as he has a hectic schedule for the next year I can't blame him for taking it easy when he's coasting.
    Will he be champion? Probably. There is a plethora of talent at the weight, but they're not getting any younger save Ward, who DeGale couldn't beat with a hand grenade.
    He certainly looks a lot better than Oosthuizen.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthepen View Post
    I was very impressed with his early work in the fight yesterday. Yes, he has a habit of switching off, but as he has a hectic schedule for the next year I can't blame him for taking it easy when he's coasting.
    Will he be champion? Probably. There is a plethora of talent at the weight, but they're not getting any younger save Ward, who DeGale couldn't beat with a hand grenade.
    He certainly looks a lot better than Oosthuizen.
    If he get's a crack, at Abraham in Germany he with lose a decision he will have to stay off the ropes,
    fight more aggressive, they will rob him blind over there no doubt.!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Do any of you think Degale, has it to be a World Champion,! I find watching him can be frustrating when
    He spends to much time on the ropes, he has talent but he fights in spurts is he idle or just loves
    to admire his work.

I agree mate, I hate him since his attitude towards Groves, then Groves embarrassed him.

I don't think he's world class, I think he's been matched well and he's won a few fights since Groves that he didn't have to work to hard.

I watch him in the hope that gets knocked out! I honestly want him unconscious for like 28 minutes, then I'll forgive him for being an arrogant little shit.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    to admire his work.

I agree mate, I hate him since his attitude towards Groves, then Groves embarrassed him.

I don't think he's world class, I think he's been matched well and he's won a few fights since Groves that he didn't have to work to hard.

I watch him in the hope that gets knocked out! I honestly want him unconscious for like 28 minutes, then I'll forgive him for being an arrogant little shit.
    I meet Groves in the Haye V Ruiz,fight had a good talk a really nice guy, Degale leading up to the Groves fight
    showed his class, not unlike a shit house rat.
    Last edited by Dia bando; 12-09-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's just another of these many boxers that grew up watching naseem hamed and thinks
    its looks talented to box with the hands down and swagger around. The guy he fought was handpicked, smaller, not really a banger and limited.He had huge heart though! Other British Supermiddles like Benn and Eubank would have crushed Degale. However, with boxing in the state it is, yeah he could win a world championship belt.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DeGale might have a future in boxing. Tough to tell. But, compare his performance to Lucian Bute's against Zuniga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bestjabwins View Post
    He's just another of these many boxers that grew up watching naseem hamed and thinks
    its looks talented to box with the hands down and swagger around. The guy he fought was handpicked, smaller, not really a banger and limited.He had huge heart though! .
    You either really hate DeGale, or your boxing knowledge is a little flawed.

Zuniga has 22 knockouts from 25 wins...not a banger?

Zuniga went 12 rounds with Tavoris Cloud for the light heavyweight championship two years ago, so he's hardly a hobbit size wise.

Limited he may be, but he's a good test for someone with only 15 pro fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its looks talented to box with the hands down and swagger around. The guy he fought was handpicked, smaller, not really a banger and limited.He had huge heart though! .

Zuniga went 12 rounds with Tavoris Cloud for the light heavyweight championship two years ago, so he's hardly a hobbit size wise.

My knowledge isn't flawed so it must be that I hate Degale . Zuniga spent the first half of his career at light middle and put together a string of knockout victories. He's campaigned at middle, super middle, and once at light heavy where he went down twice. He was a banger at light middle and middle, less so at the higher weights. But you don't need to look at statistics to see whats in front of your eyes. He's not a big super middle, its plain as day. Or maybe Degale's really a light heavy, I don't know. But Zuniga's tough, it doesn't surprise me he could hang at light heavy.

He's a good test in terms of a durable opponent to take him the distance. But if Degale can safely sit on the ropes for half the night, letting the guy tee off, then he's either supremely talented like mayweather or the guy he's fighting isn't that dangerous. Maybe my skepticism about him was overstated, but I get frustrated. when these prospects get matched like this, they get away with their flaws and when it gets to world level they get found out and then its too late to change things - Khan being a good example.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My knowledge isn't flawed so it must be that I hate Degale . Zuniga spent the first half of his career at light middle and put together a string of knockout victories. He's campaigned at middle, super middle, and once at light heavy where he went down twice. He was a banger at light middle and middle, less so at the higher weights. But you don't need to look at statistics to see whats in front of your eyes. He's not a big super middle, its plain as day. Or maybe Degale's really a light heavy, I don't know. But Zuniga's tough, it doesn't surprise me he could hang at light heavy.

He's a good test in terms of a durable opponent to take him the distance. But if Degale can safely sit on the ropes for half the night, letting the guy tee off, then he's either supremely talented like mayweather or the guy he's fighting isn't that dangerous. Maybe my skepticism about him was overstated, but I get frustrated. when these prospects get matched like this, they get away with their flaws and when it gets to world level they get found out and then its too late to change things - Khan being a good example.
    Looking at this fight, he is still a novice he may well be European Champion but he still has only had 15
    fights, he come's across as a arrogant cock but learn your trade, then shoot your mouth off.

Thread Information