Default Re: Saunders v Monroe 16/9/17 London

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Is Jacobs that big a draw?
    No, which is his big problem.
    yep, cos it's more important to be a "big draw" than to win fights.
    depends if money interests you or not
    Do you know anybody NOT interested in Money?
    They may be interested in money but how Jacob's goes about it is wrong. He should be fighting, it does not have to be a "named fighter". Mike McCallum, who was in a similar position, just kept active and it took off the ring rust which will naturally happen when you have not fought in a long time.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Mike McCallum, who was in a similar position, just kept active and it took off the ring rust which will naturally happen when you have not fought in a long time.

Floyd Mayweather took long breaks between fights
    And he showed no ring rust on his returns to the ring.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For all this just fight talk about Jacobs nobody, not one person has listed anyone that wants to fight him. Oh, fight Lee, has Lee said he wants to fight Jacobs? So he should just make that meaningless fight how?

GGG owes him, of course you take the Canelo money and have him move up. But is anyone paying attention to who he is talking about fighting now. Miguel f'n Cotto. Yes, I'm dead serious. Miguel f'n Cotto. He wants his old arse to move up.

It's getting f'n laughable how everyone blames the guys that want the hard fights and excuses the guys who keep searching soft.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly right @Ron Swanson everyone is calling for Canelo to give GGG an instant rematch but Alvarez didn't take anything away from Golovkin. GGG too Jacobs title and should have given him an instant rematch but didn't because he knew full well that he just got away with one.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    For all this just fight talk about Jacobs nobody, not one person has listed anyone that wants to fight him. Oh, fight Lee, has Lee said he wants to fight Jacobs? So he should just make that meaningless fight how?

GGG owes him, of course you take the Canelo money and have him move up. But is anyone paying attention to who he is talking about fighting now. Miguel f'n Cotto. Yes, I'm dead serious. Miguel f'n Cotto. He wants his old arse to move up.

It's getting f'n laughable how everyone blames the guys that want the hard fights and excuses the guys who keep searching soft.
    Couldn't like this on my phone, so I have to post to agree with you.
    Of Course , @Master would prefer that GGG "improves his legacy" by fighting a few meaningless bums instead of giving Jacobs the rematch he deserves.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of Course , @Master would prefer that GGG "improves his legacy" by fighting a few meaningless bums instead of giving Jacobs the rematch he deserves.
    Yeah, he does love a good legacy fight against guy like Wade and Monroe

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At this point I'm actually hoping it's a scam to get peoples hopes low enough a BJS fight seems acceptable. Considering what BJS has done in his career and how he has looked the last few years our hopes have to be pretty damn low to accept a GGG/BJS fight.

Calling out yet another smaller older guy in Cotto is pure weak sauce. The finest of weak sauces. I really want to like GGG but I can't get behind a guy that has a rep as a take on a comers guy but so clearly and deliberately chases the easiest money. For years too.

I get everyone chases money, but most get judged for calling out smaller older guys.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A Cotto fight for either guy is embarrassing. Even at his absolute best, 160 is way too big for him. And he is nowhere near his best. I will be extremely disappointed in GGG if he takes a Cotto fight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG took on Jacobs before and would take him on again. If I was GGG I would make sure that Jacobs does comply with the after weight limit which he reneged on last time they fought.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin is a money hungry path of least resistance guy and has been for years. Jacobs, a guy who's chosen vocation in life is to fight, would be better served by not fighting

Just brilliant.

Whats wrong with him fighting Lemieux, Charlo, N'Dam/Murata? Yeah yeah I know, I beat him, we're ducking him and who gives a fuck about them. His alternative?

Last time I checked, posting on social media didn't improve rankings and doesn't pay very well, for most.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Golovkin is a money hungry path of least resistance guy and has been for years. Jacobs, a guy who's chosen vocation in life is to fight, would be better served by not fighting

Just brilliant.

Whats wrong with him fighting Lemieux, Charlo, N'Dam/Murata? Yeah yeah I know, I beat him, we're ducking him and who gives a fuck about them. His alternative?

Last time I checked, posting on social media didn't improve rankings and doesn't pay very well, for most.
    "Last time I checked, posting on social media didn't improve rankings and doesn't pay very well, for most."
    Well it paved the way for the likes of Haye, Fury, Bellew, McGregor and others to make more money than they should've done.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just brilliant.

"Last time I checked, posting on social media didn't improve rankings and doesn't pay very well, for most."
    Well it paved the way for the likes of Haye, Fury, Bellew, McGregor and others to make more money than they should've done.
    "For most"

There are exceptions. Haye, McGregor. You're not having Bellew or Fury though. Fury earned his shot legitimately and no amount of social media nonsense has boosted his pay cheque as far as I can see. Bellew was the opponant. He earned well but Haye was the driver and lets not forget, he played his part in making it viable by actually fighting and chinning Makabu.

If mouthing off on social media was a sure fire thing, Charlie Z would have had his shot at Joshua by now.

Jacobs is a fine fighter and good man no doubt, but when it comes to mass appeal and pulling power, he's closer to Zelenoff than he is Haye or McGregor.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just brilliant.

You list Lemieux completely ignoring Lemieux already turned him down, wouldn't even negotiate, same as GGG and BJS. But go ahead, blame the guy that wants to fight. It's popular these days to blame the guy that wants to fight.

Charlo is GGGs mandatory, GGG doesn't want to fight him either. Charlo's fault right?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's f'n sad people feel comfortable just saying shit no matter how much BS it quite clearly is "Fight Lemieux", Lemieux said no.

People will say whatever to blame the guys that actually want to fight. Like when GGG was ducking Ward "Ward is inactive" yeah, no shit, because GGG won't fight him!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jacobs deserves a rematch with GGG, GGG deserves a rematch with Canelo. Charlo's waiting in line. Saunders holds a piece of the puzzle. Jacobs is set to fight in November. Any word on who his opponent could be? I heard Lee's name had been mentioned.

Thread Information