Thread: Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado II - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado II - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Fucking stupid goddamn throttled wifi on this stupid fucking goddamn boat caused me to miss yet another awesome fight. Can someone PM me a link to the fight when it shows up online?
    You have a boat Lucky shit. Missed a great fight.
    I wish I had a goddamn boat. I've been taking the ferry back and forth from my home town and where I live now because my Grandpa is dying of cancer (and fairly regularly before that because we often go back to visit friends/family). It fucking ALWAYS causes me to miss great fights.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado II - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Fucking stupid goddamn throttled wifi on this stupid fucking goddamn boat caused me to miss yet another awesome fight. Can someone PM me a link to the fight when it shows up online?
    If I don't go anywhere than in about an hour or two
    I'd appreciate it.
    Don't. At least not till you get it. 50-50 chance they pick me up or not

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Good for him...he earned it hardcore. Rios better improve...because Alvarado did
    Alvarado is a tough SOB to come back from being stopped in the 1st fight and winning a UD in the 2nd fight, after being hurt, and having his face all busted up.

TBH, I thought Mike was close to being done in the 2nd round after being hurt by a jab, I guess that was his wake up call.
    Me too man. I honestly thought he was toast. Alvarado made adjustments though and Rios looked like he only packed for a 6-8 round trip.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I guess all you "haters" who believe that Rios is massively overrated will have a field day in the morning.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Rios might have hit the wall now. There's only so many fights that you can take that level of punishment and ever be remotely close to what you originally were. Maybe Rios is on the sldie now.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have a boat Lucky shit. Missed a great fight.
    I wish I had a goddamn boat. I've been taking the ferry back and forth from my home town and where I live now because my Grandpa is dying of cancer (and fairly regularly before that because we often go back to visit friends/family). It fucking ALWAYS causes me to miss great fights.
    Ah got it, didn't know. I hate riding the ferry in the winter. Best to the fam and Papa fighting the real fight bud. Live boxing takes a backseat to it

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good for him...he earned it hardcore. Rios better improve...because Alvarado did
    Alvarado is a tough SOB to come back from being stopped in the 1st fight and winning a UD in the 2nd fight, after being hurt, and having his face all busted up.

TBH, I thought Mike was close to being done in the 2nd round after being hurt by a jab, I guess that was his wake up call.
    Me too man. I honestly thought he was toast. Alvarado made adjustments though and Rios looked like he only packed for a 6-8 round trip.
    Good point, Rios didn't seem to pack as much power in the 2nd half of the fight, and Alvarado was wise to get on his bike and run in the later rounds.
    BTW, Lederman's card was off, especially how he scored the 11th for Alvarado, a round which I thought Rios dominated.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I guess all you "haters" who believe that Rios is massively overrated will have a field day in the morning.

Just the idiots. I think him a thug but to diminish him diminishes Alvarado. Pretzel logic. Brilliant display of the lost art of infighting.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I think Rios might have hit the wall now. There's only so many fights that you can take that level of punishment and ever be remotely close to what you originally were. Maybe Rios is on the sldie now.
    I don't agree, I think he's got some good years left in him. I believe Brandon was a bit overconfident coming into the fight, and he didn't expect Mike to be as resilient or to fight as well as he did.

cheers Kirk, Donaire vs. Rigon in 2 weeks on April 13th.. woooohooo

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lucky for me that I have HBO W. I get to watch this again.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Just the idiots. I think him a thug but to diminish him diminishes Alvarado. Pretzel logic. Brilliant display of the lost art of infighting.
    I just don't see how anyone could watch this fight tonight and come away thinking Rios is overrated or wouldn't be competitive with the other top dogs @140.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good point, Rios didn't seem to pack as much power in the 2nd half of the fight, and Alvarado was wise to get on his bike and run in the later rounds.
    BTW, Lederman's card was off, especially how he scored the 11th for Alvarado, a round which I thought Rios dominated.
    Yeh, In the second half of the fight he had that wandering WTF look in the corner. Garcia knew it. I don't think Alvarado ran so much as pot shot boxed on his own terms. He was clipping Rios who had no answers and needed a Amber alert on a second wind.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lucky for me that I have HBO W. I get to watch this again.
    I've got to take the Mrs. grocery shopping early in the morning, so I may watch it again in the afternoon. It's easter Sunday, do you know the real meaning of easter? It's fucking chocolate...!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Who can say, I think the guy enjoys being in the ring no matter what. I understand what you are saying though, nobody can take that much damage and expect to have a long career.
    There is one thing I know, 99% of boxers do not want to be in a war like the Rios vs Alvarado fight.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just don't see how anyone could watch this fight tonight and come away thinking Rios is overrated or wouldn't be competitive with the other top dogs @140.
    He lost tonight but he's a throwback.This is a safety first era so he's a standout. His skills are underrated, has a Chuvalo chin and is a great inside fighter. I think he's a dickhead but that's not relevant.

Thread Information