Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Market breaks 20,000

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Government debt isn't so much a problem. They can inflate it away at any time. The personal debt of ordinary people such as those with mortgages is much more of a problem. People default en mass and suddenly you have a crisis as banks are essentially bankrupt anyway. Personal debt is huge and an increase in interest rates guarantees insolvency and bankruptcy. Central banks are stuck in the middle. Rates were too low for too long and debt has mounted much higher.
    So you're admitting that all the years you've been telling us that government debt was the problem and we were due imminent hyperinfllation you were wrong.

Personal and corporate debt are a problem in some countries, particularly in Britain. The situation is improving in a lot of countries though. Even if some countries do start to see serious problems with nonperforming personal debt it's noy going to cause inflation though, is it? Just the opposite in fact.
    Kirk you are not fooliing anyone you obviously don't know my family members but if u did u would stop talking like you are someone you aren't you are so full of shit it makes me feel sorry for anyone close to you.
    He didn't talk about your family, I don't understand where your argumentation is going.
    Dude it's Kirkland all is fair now stay out of this
    Warning, do not mess with Nameless.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Government debt isn't so much a problem. They can inflate it away at any time. The personal debt of ordinary people such as those with mortgages is much more of a problem. People default en mass and suddenly you have a crisis as banks are essentially bankrupt anyway. Personal debt is huge and an increase in interest rates guarantees insolvency and bankruptcy. Central banks are stuck in the middle. Rates were too low for too long and debt has mounted much higher.
    So you're admitting that all the years you've been telling us that government debt was the problem and we were due imminent hyperinfllation you were wrong.

Personal and corporate debt are a problem in some countries, particularly in Britain. The situation is improving in a lot of countries though. Even if some countries do start to see serious problems with nonperforming personal debt it's noy going to cause inflation though, is it? Just the opposite in fact.
    Kirk you are not fooliing anyone you obviously don't know my family members but if u did u would stop talking like you are someone you aren't you are so full of shit it makes me feel sorry for anyone close to you.
    He didn't talk about your family, I don't understand where your argumentation is going.
    Dude it's Kirkland all is fair now stay out of this
    Warning, do not mess with Nameless.
    @Master I don't but he started it why is he the zog

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When ricecake goes up 25% in a year that is a monetary decision. In fact all of the prices go up at the same points every year. The Chinese New Year holiday is always followed by an increase in prices. My wife bulk buys in preparation for it, it's common knowledge that this happens. If you are just going to ignore price increases and say that it has nothing to do with inflation, then you are just changing the definition of inflation. Like I say, I live in the real world and will judge inflation by what I have to spend to buy the things I need, governments chop and change things and what is measured as inflation today would be laughed at 40 years ago.

Also, this place is where they make the cars, washing machines, televisions etc, and they are all much more expensive here than they are in the West. They gouge their own populace when it comes to the trendy things governments in the West like to use as examples of inflation reducing items. So when you have that, plus the food that is double the price of food in the West, the cost of property, the cost of clothing etc and with lower wages. Well, the prices seem to come from somewhere and it isn't just supply and demand. It's also because of protectionism here. Mind you, it doesn't bother me so much as I am wearing the same sweater I was wearing at 19.
    It's really simple Miles. Prices for items like food and fuel are mainly altered by supply and demand, not monetary policy (monetary policy being printing money, raising or lowering interest rates and so on). Central banks/finance ministries have no real control over the price of food and oil. Those prices are set by the market and vary a lot. So to find a true measure of inflation, to find how monetary policy set by a country (interest rates, money supply etc) is affecting inflation they have an measuring index which strips out food and energy items. That rate, commonly known as core inflation, lets them know how their current policy is affecting the inflation of goods and services that they have control over the prices of.

You may live in the real world and have to pay real world prices but if there's a really bad global rice harvest and the price of rice doubles it's not down to anything the money/finance people have any control over. The price has not doubled because some government somewhere did some QE or increased their central bank's balance sheet or whatever.
    Dude you know it's not tied to consumption it's ties to production all they have to do to manipulate the price is say they are cutting back. Remember the bubble and then the crash it had nothing to do with consumption you idiot

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Gandalf don't listen to that idiot he said America would be gone 5 years ago. I guess if u just keep saying it you will be right at some point

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Gandalf don't listen to that idiot he said America would be gone 5 years ago. I guess if u just keep saying it you will be right at some point
    You was not here 5 years ago. Do not mess with Kirkland.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah, those are government figures and cannot be trusted. I judge inflation by the real world and what we pay for everyday things. Take rice cake which jumped 25% after the Chinese New Year. That's significant. Or the cost of delivery chicken which is up 10% year in year out. Or the cost of barbecued pork that I ate last week up from 12,000 per serving to 14,000. It is a big jump. Then there is fuel which is racing back up again. The only area I would say inflation is static or going down is property and that is because they built 2 million homes in a handful of years and there is no demand. Everyday stuff is more expensive though. Food is crazy expensive here unless you are going to eat noodles and rice day in day out which means weight loss and disease. Fruit and veg is particularly costly.
    Food and oil aren't included in inflation figurs because they're commodities. They go up and down due to supply and demand. So they can increase or decrease massively in price and it's due to bad harvests or gluts or increased production or low demand or whatever. It's not due to monetary policy, printing money or high levels of debt or whatever else you think is going to cause catastrophe. The goods and services that are affected by monetary policy are measured in the inflation rate and as you can see the inflation rate is very low indeed.

Now then, Italy. Surely the ladies and gentlemen who write whatever it is you read about finance and economics are hyperventilating about Italy? It is a massive problem. These people must be creating doom and gloom about something, what are they flapping about if it's not Italy. Greece?
    Food and oil aren't included cause they tend to make the numbers look worse idiot
    Haha, walrus, I like that. That's about the only statement here that made sense to an idiot like me.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was lurking u idiot

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was lurking u idiot
    Do not mess with me you lurker.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was lurking u idiot
    Do not mess with me you lurker.
    What r u on walrus patrol today go haunt brock

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can anyone provide an outline of Trumps economic policy? I'm kinda lazy sifting through google today.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    Can anyone provide an outline of Trumps economic policy? I'm kinda lazy sifting through google today.
    Sure, make America great again

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There you have it. Simple Paul Kevin style.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Okay, I'll take your word for it but it better be true. But I hope Kirkland won't spoil it with his truckloads of charts saying otherwise.
    Last edited by pacfan; 02-16-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trump is basically Reagan when it comes to finance. Low taxes, high government spending, ramp up the debt. The difference is Reagan came in with high interest rates and quite a small amount of debt, Trump on the other hand has inherited awful debt levels and a system still reeling with low interest rates. He seems to be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Okay, I'll take your word for it but it better be true. But I hope Kirkland won't spoil it with his truckloads of charts saying otherwise.
    There aren't truckloads of charts. Make America Great Again is it. We're waiting to hear what his policies are going to be. So far he's given us about 15 000 versions of what he's going to do. He's got a couple of Goldman Sachs guys who have explained to him that a lot of what he thought he could do isn't possible and they're now working out what is possible.

The main guy setting the policy is a total cunt. He was responsible for some of the worst aspects of the 2008 meltdown. Just for what he did to Greece he should be spending the rest of his life getting gang raped daily by an all-star team of Greek psychopaths in Korydallos prison. The other guy bought up one of the bankrupt 2008 banks and went on a foreclosure spree of all their mortgage debt, stealing tens of thousands of homes and turning them into property funds for investors to buy and then rent back to the previous owners. He foreclosed on one 92 year old woman whose monthly payment was 27 cents short. So it's going to be interesting to see what they come up with.

They're saying that they're not going to lower taxes on high earners and give them instead to low/middle earners. If they're going to give tax cuts, which is not a good idea, then that's the least worst thing they could do. Let's see what they actually come up with though.

Thread Information