Thread: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Solido didn't quit. By man law, Solido wins, Garcia can't continue he is the loser.

Great win by Solido! I knew he would knock him out.
    I'm going to guess somehow by design. A forum thing.
    More like when pigs begin to fly.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Wait, it's going to the cards - my UD prediction is salvaged!
    It was getting later in the fight and it looked like Salido might see the final bell, so there's a good chance it would have been a UD for Garcia anyway.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look Salido was butchered and point wise based on a ten point must system in the negative by about 4 points after 4 rounds lol. Garcia had 4 rounds with 4 additional points. For Salido that's like starting the fight in about round 6 or 8. The right man won.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Q -"hey mikey garcia... remember when you won your first title by claiming you couldn't go on because of a broken nose and knew you'd win on points if they went to the score cards?"

mikey garcia - "yeah"

Q -"...and your opponent salido was coming on, having his most effective rounds where he was connecting with hard shots? do you remember what you said after the fight?

mikey garcia - "yeah. i said its hard to breathe with a broken nose"

congratulations champ. you deserve it!!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How did you all score the Salido-garcia fight, I had it 79-69 at time of stoppage
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Ggg can effin hit but someone else that can too will give him tons of trouble
    Uh...ok.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    GGG seems massively overrated on this forum. He is good, but he isn't the god he's been made out to be. I think Sergio would be too smart for him. I think Quillin would give him trouble too.
    He has great ring smarts, power in both hands, and is hard to hit. His amateur pedigree is obvious and has been very successfully converted into the skills that make a very good pro. He would demolish Sergio and melt kid chocolate. Until he is given the chance to prove it, then it is all conjecture but I don't see any other Middleweights on planet earth as well rounded, single minded,adaptable or dangerous as GGG. He the man.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Q -"hey mikey garcia... remember when you won your first title by claiming you couldn't go on because of a broken nose and knew you'd win on points if they went to the score cards?"

mikey garcia - "yeah"

Q -"...and your opponent salido was coming on, having his most effective rounds where he was connecting with hard shots? do you remember what you said after the fight?

mikey garcia - "yeah. i said its hard to breathe with a broken nose"

congratulations champ. you deserve it!!!!
    You and I would have fought on, ignoring the rules and the doctors because we like to fight with a disadvantage but that little chicken shit Garcia quit. What a prick. God, I wish there were more macho men like you and I in boxing.
    Salido did himself a favor with that, in my opinion, questionable head butt as he was on his way to being KOed. He's lucky you or I weren't in there because we would have continued to beat the shit out of him.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fightscorecollector View Post
    How did you all score the Salido-garcia fight, I had it 79-69 at time of stoppage
    That's about how I had it @fightscorecollector, 79-69 when the fight was stopped. Garcia had a 10-7 in the 1st (2 KD's) and two 10-8 rounds in the 3rd and 4th, each round with another KD. Salido who showed a lot of sack surviving the KD's and the beating he was taking, probably did enough to win the 7th round.
    In rounds I had it Garcia 6-1 before the ring Dr. stopped it:
    From ESPN:
    "We went up to check him, and it is very broken," Dr. Robert Polofsky said of Garcia's nose. "It was too dangerous to have him to continue to fight like that, so we made the decision to stop the fight. He couldn't breathe."

Garcia is going to be hard for anyone to beat @ featherweight, he's the total package of speed, power, great technical/boxing skills, and a good defense.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia looked spectacular. Orlando Salido looked old, but a lot of that is due to Garcia and taking Salido right out of his gameplan with those early knockdowns.

What tremendous heart by Salido, he was bringing it up til the end.

The stoppage and whole situation was simliar to Cotto vs. Margarito II.

Salido, much like Margarito was coming on, but it was a long shot.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    GGG seems massively overrated on this forum. He is good, but he isn't the god he's been made out to be. I think Sergio would be too smart for him. I think Quillin would give him trouble too.
    He has great ring smarts, power in both hands, and is hard to hit. His amateur pedigree is obvious and lhas been very successfully converted into the skills that make a very good pro. He would demolish Sergio and melt kid chocolate. Until he is given the chance to prove it, then it is all conjecture but I don't see any other Middleweights on planet earth as well rounded, single minded,adaptable or dangerous as GGG. He the man.
    I'm not so sure about Martinez or Gonzalez but I agree with everything else you said.
    GGG did well against Rosado, a game, tough, quick fighter who ignored all the hype about GGG and came to win.
    Styles make fights and for a few rounds Rosado's had GGG looking less than perfect. Golovkin stayed calm and pounded on Rosado until his corner threw in the towel.
    GGG impressed me more with this difficult fight than if it had been over within 30 seconds.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I deliberately forgot to make my picks this past week to give some of you louts a fighting chance at beating me by March. Seeing as I am about to blow away the pack over the next 4 weeks and passing through Valentines Day like a demon. I will dazzle you with my Joker and shock the world with my *Star* fights.

I frikkin forgot to make my picks and Im pissed off more than you can know.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I deliberately forgot to make my picks this past week to give some of you louts a fighting chance at beating me by March. Seeing as I am about to blow away the pack over the next 4 weeks and passing through Valentines Day like a demon. I will dazzle you with my Joker and shock the world with my *Star* fights.

I frikkin forgot to make my picks and Im pissed off more than you can know.
    To much curry rot's the brain.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off, the undercard was appalling.

The main event looked like it was becoming a decent fight and then Garcia and 'the nose'. He was winning the fight hands down, but he completely punked out and there looked to be nothing seriously wrong with him. Even if the nose was broken, just get through the rounds. The people have paid their money to see an event and if you punk out then you lose respect and this guy lost my respect. Even before 'the nose' he was holding like a sissy and it was dulling the fight.

Garcia is another of those little men with a valient excuse and I can't be bothered with that. That is not how to win a belt.

Thread Information