Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Chavez Jr.'s lack of professionalism embodies all that is wrong with boxing"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default "Chavez Jr.'s lack of professionalism embodies all that is wrong with boxing"

Y! SPORTS

seems to be the general consensus aside from two groupies

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Chavez Jr.'s lack of professionalism embodies all that is wrong with boxing"

I hope he gets knocked out into retirement...he is an absolute piss poor example of a professional fighter.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Chavez Jr.'s lack of professionalism embodies all that is wrong with boxing"

He is fun to see and it is interesting how much help he gets from the corrupt politics of boxing. It is shameful but his people do not care.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jr is an overachiever and an exciting fighter which is all that matters. Chavez is a rebel without a cause ohhh shiat.

El Kabong Guest

JC Jr. is becoming more and more like Camacho Jr. ....let Vera beat him and we'll see that guy blow up in weight and not even try to win fights until he wants to try and rescue his career.

You see this, you see JC Jr. a guy handed everything because of his dad. Handed trainers, handed experience, handed a name that brings loads of fans, and he doesn't have the heart or pride to treat that gift with respect Makes you value TRUE champions TRUE class fighters all the more, especially guys who don't "need" the fight game the way some guys fight to get off the street or away from trouble...boxing takes dedication and all this bullshit will catch up with JC Jr. sooner or later.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    JC Jr. is becoming more and more like Camacho Jr. ....let Vera beat him and we'll see that guy blow up in weight and not even try to win fights until he wants to try and rescue his career.

You see this, you see JC Jr. a guy handed everything because of his dad. Handed trainers, handed experience, handed a name that brings loads of fans, and he doesn't have the heart or pride to treat that gift with respect Makes you value TRUE champions TRUE class fighters all the more, especially guys who don't "need" the fight game the way some guys fight to get off the street or away from trouble...boxing takes dedication and all this bullshit will catch up with JC Jr. sooner or later.
    Chavez has been cut and bruised plenty of times. He's even fought while sick and with a 100 degree fever. Comparing him to a pussy, quitter like the Puerto Rican Camacho Jr is ridiculous and shows a complete lack of boxing knowledge. So disappointing is your comment that I'm positive your account was high-jacked and posted on by someone else. The Lyle I know doesn't post dumb shit like that.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

Chavez has been cut and bruised plenty of times. He's even fought while sick and with a 100 degree fever. Comparing him to a pussy, quitter like the Puerto Rican Camacho Jr is ridiculous and shows a complete lack of boxing knowledge. So disappointing is your comment that I'm positive your account was high-jacked and posted on by someone else. The Lyle I know doesn't post dumb shit like that.
    And the way you worship Jr shows your lack of boxing knowledge and shows complete disrespect to the sport.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Y! SPORTS

seems to be the general consensus aside from two groupies
    ... and with HBO selecting Rigo's next opponent for him, this whole HBO Boxing thing is now on it's death bed.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even a broken clock gets it right twice a day. Iole is usually an A-hole but he gets this one right and it makes little difference where Chavez Jr comes from figuratively and yet everything literally because of his relationship with Jose and the WBC. Even w/o that personal relationship,if anyone else at this level got away with the shit he does the criticism would be off the charts. It makes absolutely no difference to me where the guy is from. Not only does he shit on boxing with his acceptance of these nepotistic hand outs but he shits on all the greats of Mexico's past and more specifically his own father.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Even a broken clock gets it right twice a day. Iole is usually an A-hole but he gets this one right and it makes little difference where Chavez Jr comes from figuratively and yet everything literally because of his relationship with Jose and the WBC. Even w/o that personal relationship,if anyone else at this level got away with the shit he does the criticism would be off the charts. It makes absolutely no difference to me where the guy is from. Not only does he shit on boxing with his acceptance of these nepotistic hand outs but he shits on all the greats of Mexico's past and more specifically his own father.
    Yea I always wonder how his father really feels. He must be ashamed.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

And the way you worship Jr shows your lack of boxing knowledge and shows complete disrespect to the sport.
    I worship no man. And I've clearly stated more than once that I don't agree with Chavez missing weight.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chavez is simply too big for middleweight, he should fight at light heavyweight.

He looked thin and weight-drained at the weigh-in today.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly I have a bigger problem with a network that calls itself the Home of championship boxing and increasingly allows this to happen. This is a FNF quality match in the first place and Arum has hood winked and snake oil salesman the entire lead in. Its just horseshit on all fronts, simple as.

He didn't miss weight because he busted his ass but yet couldn't make it...he didn't make it because he didn't have too and was still guaranteed the showcase.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Honestly I have a bigger problem with a network that calls itself the Home of championship boxing and increasingly allows this to happen. This is a FNF quality match in the first place and Arum has hood winked and snake oil salesman the entire lead in. Its just horseshit on all fronts, simple as.

He didn't miss weight because he busted his ass but yet couldn't make it...he didn't make it because he didn't have too and was still guaranteed the showcase.
    Bang on. The same place that refuses an opponent for Rigo. Great tv. Pinhead morons where boxing is concerned. Dodo bird.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sr. always looks pissed when he's around Junior. I get the feeling Junior does this as it is easily available to him. He seems only half interested in training and the same in the ring recently. Maybe he can turn it around, he at this point is like HBOs centerpiece which is sad to say. HBO probably wishes he could be ppv worthy. I don't have much hope for him even in this fight. edit damn, I went back and read that article. We need to have a forum wide Karma chant to give Vera a little extra pop to knock fatass around. We might even see Senior cheer when his fat useless son is looking like a WALRUS with canvass at his back.
    Last edited by walrus; 09-28-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Thread Information