Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can Pac do a sugar shane mosley on DLH?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default can Pac do a sugar shane mosley on DLH?

Mosley vs DLH was one of the sweetest fights I've seen in my life. Mosley was all over DLH and was giving DLH sweet punches. Honestly, after that fight I became a Mosley fanatic. My question is, can Pac do the same to DLH?

Do Mosley and Pac have a little bit (just a little bit) similarities that could make this fight change in favor of Pac?

I guess Pac had a chance if he could do a Mosley on DLH.

Your opinion guys would be highly appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: can Pac do a sugar shane mosley on DLH?

No Pacman cannot do what Mosley did. Mosley had superior skill, mosley has a great chin, and faster hands and legs and boxing ability then pacquiao.

XaduBoxer Guest

PAC probably has undergone extensive training on how to duck Hoya's left jab or straight then rip his own powerful left hook on Hoya's liver area...

Hoya been stopped by a liver shot before... Can PAC do a Bernard Hopkins on DLH?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    PAC probably has undergone extensive training on how to duck Hoya's left jab or straight then rip his own powerful left hook on Hoya's liver area...

Hoya been stopped by a liver shot before... Can PAC do a Bernard Hopkins on DLH?
    Hopkins is way bigger than Pac. No comparison.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
    Mosley vs DLH was one of the sweetest fights I've seen in my life. Mosley was all over DLH and was giving DLH sweet punches. Honestly, after that fight I became a Mosley fanatic. My question is, can Pac do the same to DLH?

Do Mosley and Pac have a little bit (just a little bit) similarities that could make this fight change in favor of Pac?

No

XaduBoxer Guest

I mean the similarities in ending the fight, the fight stopping body shot... PAC being way shorter than Hoya makes it easier for PAC to duck Hoya's punches by fighting low and possibly deliver that liver crunching left hook...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean the similarities in ending the fight, the fight stopping body shot... PAC being way shorter than Hoya makes it easier for PAC to duck Hoya's punches by fighting low and possibly deliver that liver crunching left hook...
    De La Hoya himself likes going to the body now a days. Maybe he can stop Pac with a body shot like Singsurat did.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

De La Hoya himself likes going to the body now a days. Maybe he can stop Pac with a body shot like Singsurat did.
    That's possible... Or PAC stopping Hoya with a body shot like what Hopkins did which is also a very good possibility...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley and De La Hoya had a close fight, but the punches that Mosley landed were right hand primarily, Pacquiao doesn't throw right hands. That being said Pacquiao gets in quicker, but Mosley was countering as Oscar came in mostly, if Oscar can get Pacquiao moving backwards, I think Manny is in big trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that's what we Pac fans are hoping for really.. That ODLH isn't up for a war and in an attempt to fight more defensively than offensively, Pac gets to land a lot of good punches and really pick his spots and land enough punches to give DLH trouble..... I am picking it to happen and Pac to win most of the later rounds, just from a feeling I got.. But I couldn't put money on it and I think Shane was a lot more evenly matched to DLH than Pac is... Mosley was something special... Not that Pac isn't, but he's fighting out of his zone for sure..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Mosley and De La Hoya had a close fight, but the punches that Mosley landed were right hand primarily, Pacquiao doesn't throw right hands. That being said Pacquiao gets in quicker, but Mosley was countering as Oscar came in mostly, if Oscar can get Pacquiao moving backwards, I think Manny is in big trouble.
    PAC right hand punches (right hooks) were very effective in the Morales 2 and 3 and in the David Diaz fights... I also noticed that Hoya is susciptible to right hands in the face and left hands in the body...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Erik Morales isn't 5'11 for all intense and purposes, and he wasn't an overly skilled defensive fight. To boot Pacquiao wasn't landing crippling right hands which even at 130 weren't the main reason for him stopping opponents. As a southpaw I know he will have a hell of a time landing that right hook with damage behind against a guy so much taller than him, and a guy much quicker than an older Erik Morales.

XaduBoxer Guest

Erik is not 5' 10 1/2" but he also got a granite chin... Erik got hit with monster right hands from PAC when he is coming forward... Hope Hoya will be aggressive in this fight by keep coming forward and throwing those left jabs...

PAC is worried Hoya might just jab jab jab and run run run...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No
    That would be my first answer too. Pac is definatley unable to box like Mosley did.

The people that compare Pacs success VS Erik and say he can do the same to Oscar need to focus on the physical differences. Of Pacs recent opposition Oscar boxes most like Marquez and with Bernstain working teh corner the tactics will be pretty similar . It was ofcourse Marquez who has given Pac the most problems stylistically . Oscar is a bigger version . Also what let down Marquez was the knockdowns he suffered. I will bve very surprised if Oscar gets dropped by Pac . Maked up yes, stung possibly but not dropped.

I dont expect a blowout but by round 6 it will be very clear who is going to win the fight . Oscar is just too big .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

No
    That would be my first answer too. Pac is definatley unable to box like Mosley did.

The people that compare Pacs success VS Erik and say he can do the same to Oscar need to focus on the physical differences. Of Pacs recent opposition Oscar boxes most like Marquez and with Bernstain working teh corner the tactics will be pretty similar . It was ofcourse Marquez who has given Pac the most problems stylistically . Oscar is a bigger version . Also what let down Marquez was the knockdowns he suffered. I will bve very surprised if Oscar gets dropped by Pac . Maked up yes, stung possibly but not dropped.

I dont expect a blowout but by round 6 it will be very clear who is going to win the fight . Oscar is just too big .
    Spot on.Oscar could be all swolen after the fight but he aint going down for sure.no matter what Pac throws he can take it.The question is would Pac be able to take a clean left hook to the jaw or to his exposed liver.and if he can,can he still sustain his attack or will he get blown the whole fight and turn into a completely shot/damage fighter when its over.
    An empty can is always noisy.

Thread Information