Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Some Days I Hate Being Involved In Boxing

Long story long,I go get my kid from the bust stop,he wants to go over to the neighbors house. No biggy.
    So we drop off his book bag and head over
    What I didnt realize is this wanna be tough guy had been drinking all day.
    Guys 53 and practically crippled
    So he decides he wants to get in to a tough guy pissing match with me,with my kid in the house.
    First he shows me his 44, and points out its loaded,doing a full spin on it twice.
    Then he tries to talk me down with all his tough guy tales,now keep in mind Ive spent quite a few nights in the Roundhouse,so Im not impressed.
    Then he starts making noises like he could kick my ass,and I politely tell him,son I can drop you where you stand right now.
    He flips
    Now keep in mind he's been trying to get this going since I walked in the door,and my son is in his house.
    Now I try to calmly talk to him,and that just makes him angrier,keeping in mind,I could have dropped his slipper wearing ass at will.
    And as I sit here right now,Id love to go over there and deck his ass just for being a drunken asshole,but I cant,because even though he started it,if I finish it,guess who gets in trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some Days I Hate Being Involved In Boxing

Yeah that sounds like a rubbish situation.. Why were you dropping your son there??

Something always to consider as well is that most jails are chock full with guys who are in there simply because they've crossed the line trying to protect and uphold their big tough ego... Every guy like this deserves an ass kicking just for being a drunken asshole, but if he decided his ego depended on him finally getting the upper hand on you sometime, it wouldn't be a good situation for you or your family..

Obviously he needed a good spanking or ass kicking as a child and never got it. And it's a shame that they like getting their boost by taking a shot at guys like you who are clearly tougher and have their shit together, but with an OBVIOUS good nature that would not be dragged into their dumb games.. I highly doubt he would have pulled the same shit if he knew you were an explosive guy that wouldn't hesitate to pound his ass into the dust... So to have a positive outlook on it, at least from my perspective anyway, his actions are a good reflection on you..

And side stepping his shit is even more testiment to that.. Even though the natural chemical explosion you get from people like this tells you whole heartedly to go over and knock his head off..

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You wanna beat up a 53 year-old, slipper wearing, drunk, cripple?

What does that situation have to do with boxing?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TM you've got to fill in a few gaps for me was the 53 year old your son's friends father or something? Was he related to boxing in someway? I don't really follow what's going on except that some delirious old cripple was doing what delirious old cripples do best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    You wanna beat up a 53 year-old, slipper wearing, drunk, cripple?

What does that situation have to do with boxing?
    Simple,even if a drunk SOB starts waiving around his Dirty Harry gun,spins it twice,drops a fully loaded cylinder on the floor not 10 feet from your son,and then gets irrationally angry with you,if your trained in any martial art,but especially boxing,and you give him the ass whupping he is so desperately begging for at that point, I will bet you dollars to doughnuts whose ass is going to be sitting in the pokey trying to make bail in the next hour.
    Hint:Not the drunken asshole.
    And as far as Diz's question,when he's sober,he's normally a pretty allright dude,so I thought nothing of going over there with my kid,actually it was my kids idea to go a calling. The fact that I know he normally has a bunch of half cases of Bud Ice stacked next to his fridge,and I didnt see any,and I also saw a couple of roaches in his ashtray,probably should have been a hint and a half. Im wondering in the non light of a new day(its 6:30 AM here,the suns not up yet) if its just the painkillers they give him for his back just dont agree with him.
    Oh well,I didnt pound him the mush,which he was really begging for,but it wouldnt have been a good idea to do it. But in one half hour setting you dont wave around a .44 gun and a police issue metal flashlight if you arent begging for fight. Its not like I said,"Do you have an enormous gun that I might have seen in Dirty Harry,that I could see,for no good reason,and by the way,could you prove its loaded,my kids in the next room,so Im sure he'll be impressed"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So what you're saying is - the situation made you hate boxing because if you wasn't involved in boxing (still refuse to name any fighters you deal with? ) you would have duffed-up a drunk cripple?

err.. whether you're involved in boxing or not, bashing up cripples - especially drunken, slipper wearing ones - don't look too good dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So what you're saying is - the situation made you hate boxing because if you wasn't involved in boxing (still refuse to name any fighters you deal with? ) you would have duffed-up a drunk cripple?

err.. whether you're involved in boxing or not, bashing up cripples - especially drunken, slipper wearing ones - don't look too good dude
    If your a drunk slipper wearing cripple,picking fights doesnt look good,dude.
    Personal responsibility and all that,I start thumping someone in the chest,I should expect them to thump back

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: Some Days I Hate Being Involved In Boxing

I have a solution. Join the police force then beat him up and everyone will be believe you that he deserved a beat down

El Kabong Guest

I don't mean to be a prick but you did allow for that situation to come to fruition. Now you didn't make the slipper wearing cripple drink all day or wave his gun around and act like a moron but you did allow for your kid to be in that environment.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What sort of meds is he on? my dad was hit by a car a few years back... when a half tonne metal box hits you doing 70 and you pull through it you're going to need a lot of pain management. Until they sorted the dosages of the concoction of pain killers (Morphine, bi-polar meds for his head injury.... all sorts, tens of pills a day) they had him on out he would sometimes become aggressive and erratic... completely out of his nature.

He'd feel awful afterwards and I couldn't hold anything against him because I knew of his situation. He'd start trying to create an argument and then start making physical threats and getting into a pissing contest like you say.

My dad knew I was physically more able then him, he's seen me box a number of times... there was no logically or deliberate thought going on, it wasn't him.

The self esteem issues that come with becoming physically dibilatated, the confusion and lack of control from the meds.
    The fact is if he is old, 'crippled' and medicated then you have to be above it.

I could walk away and forgive him everytime and I feel better for it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post

If your a drunk slipper wearing cripple,picking fights doesnt look good,dude.
    Personal responsibility and all that,I start thumping someone in the chest,I should expect them to thump back

Actually, a drunken 53 year-old cripple thinking he can give you a slap is funny

He must think you're a plum

Next time threaten him to see how he reacts. Best check his finger aint on the trigger first mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    I have a solution. Join the police force then beat him up and everyone will be believe you that he deserved a beat down
    Tempting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought TM was going to say something about Kid Thunder.

But after reading the story, I'm with a few others... not really a boxing story per se, or one that involves boxing at all. Just some sort of drunken hillbilly shit with a gun.

Not a classic anecdote, really. And frankly, a bit of a mislead. Should have been titled something more like, "Some Days I Hate Living In West Virginia with all this White Trash."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    What sort of meds is he on? my dad was hit by a car a few years back... when a half tonne metal box hits you doing 70 and you pull through it you're going to need a lot of pain management. Until they sorted the dosages of the concoction of pain killers (Morphine, bi-polar meds for his head injury.... all sorts, tens of pills a day) they had him on out he would sometimes become aggressive and erratic... completely out of his nature.

He'd feel awful afterwards and I couldn't hold anything against him because I knew of his situation. He'd start trying to create an argument and then start making physical threats and getting into a pissing contest like you say.

My dad knew I was physically more able then him, he's seen me box a number of times... there was no logically or deliberate thought going on, it wasn't him.

The self esteem issues that come with becoming physically dibilatated, the confusion and lack of control from the meds.
    The fact is if he is old, 'crippled' and medicated then you have to be above it.

I could walk away and forgive him everytime and I feel better for it.
    I honestly dont know,but this is the second time since they changed his meds,I thought he was acting "off'. This time obviously much more so then the last time.
    And for Von,no it is boxing related,if I didnt run a gym,I could have just kicked his ass in like he was begging for me to do. BECAUSE I run a boxing gym,that becomes a very actionable situation. As far the "drunk hillbilly from West Virginia" comment,Ive seen way drunker,and way more beligerent in West Philly,or NYC

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

waaat

Thread Information