Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: CONFIRMED Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury CONTRACTS SIGNED

AJ for the KO?

AJ for the decision as he is the heavyweight Canelo with the judges in Matchroom pockets?

Can Fury force a stoppage?

Is Fury active enough?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mark my words .... it will be a disappointment.

Fury will turn up fat and unfocused, someone will fail a drug test, somebody will get injured in training, there will be a judging controversy or a refereeing mistake.

You wait for something for so long, build it up in your mind until you are expecting Ali/Frazier ..... and it never is!

You read it here first!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I bet it ends up in Saudi.

I too wonder what kind of shape Fury will be in. Anywhere close to decent and he'll win easily.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure Fury is taking this as seriously as he should be? He is the type of bloke who does things his way, so who knows?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

Fury will turn up fat and unfocused, someone will fail a drug test, somebody will get injured in training, there will be a judging controversy or a refereeing mistake.

You wait for something for so long, build it up in your mind until you are expecting Ali/Frazier ..... and it never is!

You read it here first!
    Ha! It is hard not to agree with your understandable cynicism in a situation like this. Like you say after such a build up fights like this are often disappointing.

They should have already fought, and odd though it may sound I think AJ losing will be good for him. He will not take anything for granted again. Fury not so sure.

Press reports of him going back to drinking 12 pints a day may just be smoke and mirrors/exaggeration but he does have previous form and he will need to be on the ball to outbox Joshua. Joshua despite coming to the sport late is nowhere near as crap a boxer as people claim and Fury although he can appear masterful at times is not as exceptional as is claimed.

Power is a great leveller but again AJs impressive KO history masks his own vulnerability and Furys not so impressive KO history deflects from the fact that his own chin is not Steve Cunningham proof.

I think you only get to get up like Lazarus once in a career when you bounce in and out of shape like Tyson does.

Lets hope it is a roller-coaster classic. It has that potential.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not believe the hype Fury (and BJS) are both training hard and focussed on winning the fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You read it here first!
    You could be right. Fury has been saying he needs a tune up because of his inactivity. Maybe he was just trying to push to get it signed up.
    But a “training injury”would not surprise Me.
    I don’t believe he’s been drinking 12 pints a day, because he looks fairly lean for him.
    And also, at the end of it, I think it’s been announced hastily. No dates, no venues, I haven’t seen many , if any comments from the fighters.
    Call Me a cynic, but it just doesn’t add up.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All mind games with Fury.

He loves gym work and keeping in shape now and knows that keeps his demons at bay - ok he's a belly on him but he's never been slim has he.

The better the opponent the he has proven to be and I can't see this being any different. He got a draw with Wilder and showed incredible recovery when operating at 70% ffs.

If Fury isn't training then he's slipping into his bad ways again and I can't see that.

He'll be ready and if he's ready and in the zone I can't see any other outcome than him stopping Joshua in final third if not sooner - it's scary how confident I am for a fighter I'm a big fan of, I'm usually pessimistic and looking at everything that can go wrong.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If ever there was a match that I'd welcome the whole 'bubble' and guys being mando quarantined leading to fight night this would be it. Zero temptations and ability to fark it up with night life and random injury. And testing every time each steps to the commode, for covid and everything else . As with anything 'signed' it's only as good as the fighters lead up not to mention all the politricks of boxing that tend to kneecap good things. I've never stepped foot in the U.K but that is where this fight belongs not boxed up and exported to Dubai ffs. By July we're on track to have many more live fans and that atmosphere is a must for an event like this.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You'd think with the fact that everybody has a movie camera in their pocket and the ability to take movies and share them instantly with the rest of the world that we'd have some kind of accurate idea of whether Fury is in training/shape/the boozer/whatever.

If there aren't any recent videos of him in bars then maybe that's a good sign.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am betting big on Fury winning. Think he comes in ready as this fight will motivate him, and I don’t see AJ having the gas or mentality to keep up with him. This will be different than the Wilder fight as AJ is much heavier and a more skilled fighter- the first 6 or 7 rounds will be interesting. I just feel that Tyson is difficult to prepare for as he moves really well mad is such a large man, combined with the fact that he can punch and maul if needed. If Tyson got up from that shot from wilder in round 12 of their firs fight, I don’t see AJ stopping him.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All I see and have seen for a LONG time is AJ seemingly in training mode and looking huge and heavily muscled, there's a big danger for him that he's that obsessed with becoming the undisputed champion and being crowned the king he'll seriously overtrain for this.
    Hes definitely got the power to shift Fury about a bit and even put him on the deck but it's his serious lack of head movement that I believe will be his undoing.
    He ain't gonna run around and outbox or out speed Fury like he did in Ruiz 2 so he surely has to go looking to knock Fury out.
    I see Fury stopping him as early as midway.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You read it here first!

That's certainly one possibility, although for the sake of boxing and its fans, I hope that's not the case.

Another possibility, IMO... is Fury turning this into Fury-Wlad part II.

The optimist in me says no... that Fury turned a corner with his survival of Wilder's right hand in the 1st fight... and his dismantling of Wilder in their 2nd.

But the specter of a repeat of Fury-Wlad is there... no matter how unlikely.

Fury KNEW he could box rings around Wilder, and negate the big right hand. Does he "know the same thing" about AJ? Hmm...

Fury's survival at all costs instincts could make this into an ugly fight... with Fury refusing to engage Joshua straight up.

Let's hope that's not the case either.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this fight actually happens on schedule(I think there will be some trickery from someone to delay it), I think Joshua will win it by stoppage, I suspect fury is a bit of a nervy guy who struggles with being the favourite, Joshua seems a lot more comfortable in this role which will help in a big fight like this...

Fury to frustrate Joshua in the first half of the fight and then Joshua goes a bit wild and puts fury down and out in the second half of the fight.

Thread Information