Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Canelo 2 CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Golovkin looks thin in the face, bit drawn.
    I was thinking the same thing. This whole thing has rattled him good. He is old now much older he was already missing most of his punches last time and that was like what one year ago now?

I guarantee he has over train for this fight is looking very gaunt and his cheekbones there not looking right. He has overtrained he will come into this fight a bit drained

Canelo will have even greater speed now as he will not quite be weighed down so much with the extra muscle in bulk

I see Canelo scoring a very sharp and convincing knockout in about the 3rd or the 4th round

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't call him rattled so much as being forced to react to firstly a diva cheat and secondly a guy most fans seem to think he beat the first time. He actually out landed Canelo if 'counting' punches means anything. But over training is a big possibility and I thought he should have nixed the salvage showcase date with Vanes but he was being a professional and keeping his end of the obligation and making his coin. It'll be up to Canelo to assert his new more fluid less bulky self now that he's not a waddling chem factory. Can't juice a guys heart and fire in the belly.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Lemieux/ O'Sullivan will go long. Lemieux easy KO. There is genuine bad blood between the 2 tho:

They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that Geraldo Rivera there at the microphone @TitoFan

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spittin' image. If it's Geraldo though, I hope he keeps his guard up better than Geraldo did.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I wouldn't call him rattled so much as being forced to react to firstly a diva cheat and secondly a guy most fans seem to think he beat the first time. He actually out landed Canelo if 'counting' punches means anything. But over training is a big possibility and I thought he should have nixed the salvage showcase date with Vanes but he was being a professional and keeping his end of the obligation and making his coin. It'll be up to Canelo to assert his new more fluid less bulky self now that he's not a waddling chem factory. Can't juice a guys heart and fire in the belly.
    I think like with Calzaghe towards the end at SMW, GGG is just getting a little shakey with the weight. He is thin and sharp, but will no doubt fill up again by fight time. Not sure if he has much longer at MW or even in boxing at all. We haven't seen him pushed in a year now. We will see this weekend, I guess.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BTW there is just something I love about O'Sullivan and that tache. It's old school. It's a great look.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I don't think Lemieux/ O'Sullivan will go long. Lemieux easy KO. There is genuine bad blood between the 2 tho:
    Most fans seem to think it's an "easy" KO for Lemieux yet the bookies have it quite tight. I was expecting to back Spike thinking he would be a big price but the odds have brought me back to Lemieux.

Normally i'd strongly favour Lemmy in any shootout, however, I can't help seeing Spike's granite chin passing the test, even if he loses.

(waffling because i've spent two days going to bet one way (early rounds) then changing to the other (late rounds) )
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Most fans seem to think it's an "easy" KO for Lemieux yet the bookies have it quite tight. I was expecting to back Spike thinking he would be a big price but the odds have brought me back to Lemieux.

Normally i'd strongly favour Lemmy in any shootout, however, I can't help seeing Spike's granite chin passing the test, even if he loses.

(waffling because i've spent two days going to bet one way (early rounds) then changing to the other (late rounds) )
    I thought Lemiueux looked awful against Saunders and unable to pull the trigger. It was a bit like Mattysse against Pac but with a bit more resistance. He struggles stepping up, but granted Spikey Tache has a very different style and is rung below, but I think this could go either way. Could be the best fight on the card as we know Canelo will be on his bicycle early potshotting while winking at the judges.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders MADE Lemiueux look awful though. I don't think O'Sullivan even with the camp bear/strongman moustache is going to stand up to repeated smacks in the mouth. He is pretty easy to hit, and for a puncher like Lemiueux, that is manna.
    Golovkin hit Cownelo all night long last time, but could not really wobble him repeatedly in the way he has consistently made other fighters fold. It is not going to be a walk in the park for either fighter but GGG may well find Alvarez offering his jaw on a plate if he really is as pissed, as is being suggested, at being called out for what he is. Neither is an unknown quantity to the other and it can't help but be a bit more personal this time. I think Golovkin can channel and handle that a bit better, while Canelo is more likely to let it sabotage his own ability to concentrate. GGG is remarkably cold and calculated even when hit hard, and that should be enough for him to put something together to stop a frustrated and tiring Canelo late.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There IS that chance though, that Team Ginger's plan may have worked to perfection.

Avoid GGG for a few years (nobody remembers that anymore though).

Finally fight him, but with at least one judge on the payroll. (Not to mention a ridiculous split. Team GGG must've been in a coma during the negotiations).

Decision stolen, negotiate a rematch.

Get caught cheating, further putting off the rematch.... begging for Father Time to finally do its thing.

Finally do the rematch with GGG obviously well past his prime.

Even if he wins, Ginger's legacy will be forever tainted.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    There IS that chance though, that Team Ginger's plan may have worked to perfection.

Avoid GGG for a few years (nobody remembers that anymore though).

Finally fight him, but with at least one judge on the payroll. (Not to mention a ridiculous split. Team GGG must've been in a coma during the negotiations).

Decision stolen, negotiate a rematch.

Get caught cheating, further putting off the rematch.... begging for Father Time to finally do its thing.

Finally do the rematch with GGG obviously well past his prime.

Even if he wins, Ginger's legacy will be forever tainted.
    Everything above.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on guys let's not be so harsh. I believe Alvarez about the tainted beef. A lot of Mexican athletes over the past 10 years have tested positive for clenbuterol and it is a very big problem in Mexico and also I heard in Brazil. Remember these are not performance enhancing drugs this is an asthma medication that is given in cattle feed in order to reduce the amount of fat in the animal but it is not a muscle-building drug. The drug itself will actually make the animal very lean by reducing the fat content. Alvarez May indeed have eaten quite a lot of that tainted beef in Mexico. Guadalajara especially a big problem with this stuff. He was going out and around eating a lot of steak he had not begun his training camp yet and that is when it tested positive. I really think that is a true story. What I was in Mexico I remember eating the beef and I remember what happened after that. It's a true story the whole thing about injection marks are just Triple G being a little b****

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's no way you'd be a professional athlete and ingest that tainted meat "by accident" after half a soccer team has done it it already in your country and your trainers are butchers by trade. Nor would you not notice the added benefits (if we are all noticing the size difference now). His quotes in the article above pretty much revealed his MO. He was on an "eating plan" while not training (gaining muscle, stamina, fat burning from the clen-beef-erol so any weight he gains is mostly muscle). Then he enters a training phase while cycling off of it to maintain the muscle and naturally burn fat instead of chemically doing it. The benefits he gets from it seems natural because hes been training and already cycled off. They're probably filtering it through the /cows/beef (https://www.fda.gov/animalveterinary.../ucm055436.htm) in order to weed out the toxic metabolite (metabolite 4-amino-3,5-dichlorobenzoic acid) that has made it illegal. Although no growth steroids are approved in that article, i'd wager it would work the same or similar enough to diminish any cytotoxicity risk from the metabolite to safer levels.

I'm inclined to agree with all those anticipating the fix for canelo to finally work. GGG is looking gaunt. Part (at least) of Canelo fairing well against Gennady's power last time was because he saw the punches coming. Power is supposedly the last thing to go on a fighter and that's not what team canelo/golden boy is counting on. They're counting on the first thing to go, the reflexes. Its the old guy like oscar (vs pac/ floyd), roy (vs. calzaghe) and countless others that couldn't pull the trigger before the window of opportunity closes. So look for canelo, to do his best mayweather imitation. Can't say whether it will work or not because GGG often times doesn't get enough credit for his fight IQ and fighters with longevity are the ones that switch over to using their brain more to compensate for loss of physicality. (Set traps and walk fighters into punches rather than picking your spots). Also who knows what canelo will be like not only if hes off the juice, but after the first fight with GGG. Lots of fighters aren't the same after a GGG fight.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Super duper insightful post there I really appreciated reading that. In fact I read it twice. Lots of good info in there I really like the part about cycling it through the Cows, in an effort to remove part of the residual evidence.

I also completely agree with you and Spicoli has also said it that he is looking very overtrained to me and the reason he has come in like this is because he is running on adrenaline now I think he is a bit rattled because he knows what people are saying that he might have gotten a step or two older now so he's trying to come in light so that he can be a little quicker because as I have said Canelo will be a tad bit faster now with less bulk up muscles and believe me that extra speed he will have is really going to give him the advantage now. The reason he's going to win by Shocking knockout within 5 rounds 6 maximum but I wouldn't bet on 6....within five rounds Canelo will find the knockout and here's the reason why

just like you rightfully said everybody in the world is thinking that Canelo is going to do his best Floyd Mayweather impression here. Triple G's trainers are trying to troll Canelo by using shame and by hurting his Warrior Pride and say that nobody is going to pay $90 to watch somebody run like they did last time. But Canelo is not budging he is playing along with it. Everybody is expecting him to do the Mayweather thing. In fact I think he will do the thing for the first couple of rounds and then he is going to set a trap in the fourth round when he has Triple G thinking that he has to stay in Hot Pursuit of canelo's Mayweather impression at that precise moment Canelo is going to step into the pocket with his Superior speed and really good punching in combination technique and he is going to flatten Triple G out for the count he'll be lucky if he gets up at 11

Thread Information